Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ted died

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's 1:15, and our press is half over with. Do we stop the press to get a few short paragraphs in, or wait until tomorrow? Do we delay the delivery drivers who have second jobs to get to? Time to call the executive editor at home.

Anyhow, hopefully this divided forum with show some class for a few days. And hopefully Ted can apologize to Mary Jo in person, ... then meet up with his brothers for football in the yard again.

R.I.P. Ted.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Rest in peac.......oh screw it. I cant fake any sympathy to be honest.
  3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Ted Kennedy did a lot of good things.
    I do believe that the night of July 18, 1969 sealed his afterlife destination.

Hope he brought some Mashmellow's.
  4. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

For the most part, the establishment went after the Kennedy family hard b/c they were a big threat to them.

JFK wanted to get rid of the Federal Reserve, and look what happened to him.(i.e. the big piece missing from Oliver Stone's "JFK" film was the bankers role)From what I understand, that assassin who went after his brother Bobby was under CIA Mind Control. JFK, Jr not only had plans to run for the NY Senate, but he would have whipped Hillary(and not to mention too his George magazine was anti-establishment, and even let Oliver Stone write an op-ed over how the wealthy elite pulls the strings) - his plane crash was no accident, and it was no surprise the military took over the media coverage et al afterwards.

Teddy I'm sure lived much of his political life under threat and duress, but overall, he did alot of good things. RIP Teddy.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Fret not... Stone will likely touch on it in Wall St. 2... If not, Michael Moore's "Capitalism" might make the connection.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

After July 18th he has been dead in my eyes... time for judgement, followed by the the incessant left right arguments regarding whether he was a good man or a bad man... no amount of good can make up for his actions on the Chapaquidick bridge.
  7. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

....good riddance,not just for Mary Jo,but for his 44yr Stalinist-grip,he had on the suffering people of Massachusetts.

Before you get your pink panties in a bunch....remember the way the left-wing media and the homosexual carrion acted,when Ronald Reagan died.......It was disgracefull.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

At the same time let's try not to be disgraceful ourselves. Not that any forum members have any impact anyway but right now it's a hard time for his family and friends and it's their feelings we should respect and show some consideration for.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sorry, are you talking about the Kopechne family?? Or Joan and her family??

//
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Whether on civil rights, on helping the poor, on gay rights, on women's rights, on national health care, on the environment, on education, on fighting South African Apartheid, on the minimum wage, or even on bipartisan negotiation, Ted Kennedy was a lion. Just the other day, John McCain lamented the absence of Kennedy from the health care debate, for Kennedy knew how to find common ground.

With the tragic accident at Chappaquidik, the right-wing has tried to turn him into a cold-blooded murderer. When people judge the now deceased Kennedy for the accident at Chappaquidik, they are ignorant of the facts or clinging to desperate theories by hateful people. Whatever harm Kennedy did, he made up for it a thousand times by fighting the right wing at every turn to end the oppression of minorities and women.

Kennedy served the nation and the Massachusetts well, and no wonder he was re-elected again and again. He was regarded as the most talented and influential Senator, not just by liberals, but by many Republicans and many pundits. With his death, we lost a great servant. I believe that intelligent people who know about his service will understand that.

Let's hope the Democrats honor him by passing their health care reform legislation, an issue that we know was close to Ted Kennedy's heart.

R.I.P. Ted. I worked on your campaign for President in 1980. I'm glad you were alive to see the rout of the right, and the election of a new generation of liberals, headed by Barack Obama. Your legacy will live on.

As he said, "For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +376 / 1 / -9

He was a disgarce as a man and a fellow human being, I have two gorgeous daughters and four equally beautiful grand-daughters I'm glad they have never run across anybody like Ted Kennedy, he had the Morals of an alley cat and the character of a skunk.

Rose Kennedy spent most of her life on her knees in church praying for the scoundrels in her family.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL

(as another poster noted far worse things were said of Ronoald Reagan when he crossed over)

IMMORALITY LACK OF CHARACTER:
    THE FATHER TAUGHT THE SONS WELL
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Some of us can never justify what he did after Chappquidick can ever make up for his drunken escapade... some things stand alone. If he was anyone "less" than a Kennedy he would have been a felon... if you or I did that, we would have been behind high walls and not been a "lion of the Senate".
  13. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Good riddance!
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Was it ever proven that he was drunk?
  15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Cancer has taken a ton of good people. This is not one of them.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +376 / 1 / -9

....:singing::singing::singing::singing:....
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

So much for calls for class.

Didn't last long before the usual suspects showed their a**.

The man f'd up one night. Granted. But since then, he did far more for humanity in a month of work than goofy you did in your life, intolerant King.

Take that to the bank.
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 4 / -2

While I might not be a fan of his for different reasons, RIP Ted.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +212 / 3 / -10

I'll never apologize for my fascination and admiration for the Kennedy's. Each one of them offered millions of Americans some hope.

May Ted rest in peace.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Whether he was drunk or not, he walked away from a woman in a car he crashed.. perhaps some hyperbole, but cannot justify what he did and the subsequent unequal application of justice. In '69 there was a lot of crap happening and this quickly made page 2 of the news..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.