PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebucky Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He looked badly in pain. Anyone have any word on his injury? It looked pretty serious but I hope thats not the case. :(

Kdo5 said:
He looked badly in pain. Anyone have any word on his injury? It looked pretty serious but I hope thats not the case. :(

At least he wasn't carted off the to the trainers area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kdo5 said:

My guess is torn hamstring but who knows.

Belichick hasn't called me yet...:rolleyes:

It appeared very bad at first but when they showed the replay it was clearly a hammy because he went down like a rock with nobody within 5 feet of him. On the sidelines once they tested the knee they started probing the back of his thigh. Showed him sitting on the bench several minutes later and while he still looked upset and frustrated he was sitting there as opposed to having been carted into the locker room.

The question is whether to keep him on the roster with expectation of him coming back after the bye. I would think that the answer is "yes", although we could cut him and sign him when he's healthy. It is unlikely that anyone else will sign him.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
The question is whether to keep him on the roster with expectation of him coming back after the bye. I would think that the answer is "yes", although we could cut him and sign him when he's healthy. It is unlikely that anyone else will sign him.
I'm inclined to think that way to, with both Tebucky and Gus.

You agree with keeping them on the 53, or cutting and hoping to get them back?

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'm inclined to think that way to, with both Tebucky and Gus.

mgteich said:
You agree with keeping them on the 53, or cutting and hoping to get them back?
Sorry, the last sentence stuck in my mind. I had Tebucky not making the 53, if we release him and keep him on speed dial while he heals, then we can bring him back if injuries start taking a toll. The same with Gus whom I thought hasn't played that badly for us.

Yes, both are fine special teamers. It is indeed bb's style to assemble a Shadow Roster, although I seem to recall Cherry and Chatham making the 53 under similar circumstances.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Sorry, the last sentence stuck in my mind. I had Tebucky not making the 53, if we release him and keep him on speed dial while he heals, then we can bring him back if injuries start taking a toll. The same with Gus whom I thought hasn't played that badly for us.

mgteich said:
Yes, both are fine special teamers. It is indeed bb's style to assemble a Shadow Roster, although I seem to recall Cherry and Chatham making the 53 under similar circumstances.
Yes, but it is my impression that the Pats are getting stronger reserves, certainly you could make that case at S, even with Mitchell on IR. Hawkins and Sanders seem to be a very slight step down from Rodey and Geno. With Andrews being groomed for the 6th WR slot, I don't see a strong role for Tebucky or Gus beyond STs, but they would both be excellent shadow players, especially if they need a few weeks to heal.

I agree that Tebucky and Guss are/were here for special teams only. We are getting a bit thin on special teams, though Andrews is a great addition, and may be our best gunner.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yes, but it is my impression that the Pats are getting stronger reserves, certainly you could make that case at S, even with Mitchell on IR. Hawkins and Sanders seem to be a very slight step down from Rodey and Geno. With Andrews being groomed for the 6th WR slot, I don't see a strong role for Tebucky or Gus beyond STs, but they would both be excellent shadow players, especially if they need a few weeks to heal.

mgteich said:
I agree that Tebucky and Guss are/were here for special teams only. We are getting a bit thin on special teams, though Andrews is a great addition, and may be our best gunner.
I've loved how Andrews looks at gunner so far. Chad Scott is the best gunner blocker I've noted - and I love it when they have him up in press and he hammers the WR. I found it interesting to see Britt back as a blocker on KRs; Neal has always done that too. Wright reportedly had a nice smackdown on kick coverage tonight. Spann got his name mentioned twice on coverage tackles, if it came down to him and Warfield for my 6th CB, I'd be considering that - though I think we can get him to the Practice Squad.

OT: Warfield reportedly got burned deep on a pass play, could you see if he was supposed to have S help over top?

I don't recall whether Warfield was supposed to ahve safety help. Spann is a perfect Practice Squad player.

Let's count defensive backs.

CORNERS: Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, Chad Scott, Andrews
SAFETIES: Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders

We might now keep Warfield. It really depends on how much he is catching on to the system in practice. I might be tempted to keep Hank instead of Poteat though. With Hank, we could cut him an bring him back after Game One.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I've loved how Andrews looks at gunner so far. Chad Scott is the best gunner blocker I've noted - and I love it when they have him up in press and he hammers the WR. I found it interesting to see Britt back as a blocker on KRs; Neal has always done that too. Wright reportedly had a nice smackdown on kick coverage tonight. Spann got his name mentioned twice on coverage tackles, if it came down to him and Warfield for my 6th CB, I'd be considering that - though I think we can get him to the Practice Squad.

OT: Warfield reportedly got burned deep on a pass play, could you see if he was supposed to have S help over top?

mgteich said:
I don't recall whether Warfield was supposed to ahve safety help. Spann is a perfect Practice Squad player.

Let's count defensive backs.

CORNERS: Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, Chad Scott, Andrews
SAFETIES: Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders

We might now keep Warfield. It really depends on how much he is catching on to the system in practice. I might be tempted to keep Hank instead of Poteat though. With Hank, we could cut him an bring him back after Game One.
Warfield has been intriguing...and I'm the original Hank Poteat Bandwagon Bongo Boy!

Andrews at CB? I have him as a WR for now, but he gets carried no matter where he is on the depth chart. I like Warfield as a CB candidate because I think he can play some Safety if needed, once he gets the defense down. We may want to only go with 9 DBs + Andrews just to try and carry an extra LB. Hard choices, the way it should be.

I think 9 DB's plus Andrews is right, with Gay, Warfield and Poteat still competing for two of the spots. I don't know where to list Andrews. I should just list as a STer.

With 10 DB's, we likely have 17 front seven roster spots, with 6 locks at DL and 5 at LB (4 starters plus Bruschi). That leaves only six spots for

Thomas,Smith,Klecko,Freeman
Gardner,Beisel,Brown,Mincey,Woods,Mays,Alexander,Izzo,Davis and Roach

As say, it will be tough
Izzo, Davis, Gardner top Ster's
and three more
--------------------------

The good news is that Smith, Thomas,Mays and Roach are likely to be safe on the Practice Squad. Freeman will be gone in a couple of days.

WHICH GIVES US THREE OUT OF
Klecko, Beisel,Chad Brown,Mincey,Woods and Alexander
and we don't have any backup OLB's yet.
-----------------------------------------------------

BTW, we only get three if we leave the offense with only 23 slots, probably OK for now.
-----------------------------------------------

Box_O_Rocks said:
Warfield has been intriguing...and I'm the original Hank Poteat Bandwagon Bongo Boy!

Andrews at CB? I have him as a WR for now, but he gets carried no matter where he is on the depth chart. I like Warfield as a CB candidate because I think he can play some Safety if needed, once he gets the defense down. We may want to only go with 9 DBs + Andrews just to try and carry an extra LB. Hard choices, the way it should be.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
I think 9 DB's plus Andrews is right, with Gay, Warfield and Poteat still competing for two of the spots. I don't know where to list Andrews. I should just list as a STer.

With 10 DB's, we likely have 17 front seven roster spots, with 6 locks at DL and 5 at LB (4 starters plus Bruschi). That leaves only six spots for

Thomas,Smith,Klecko,Freeman
Gardner,Beisel,Brown,Mincey,Woods,Mays,Alexander,Izzo,Davis and Roach

As say, it will be tough
Izzo, Davis, Gardner top Ster's
and three more
--------------------------

The good news is that Smith, Thomas,Mays and Roach are likely to be safe on the Practice Squad. Freeman will be gone in a couple of days.

WHICH GIVES US THREE OUT OF
Klecko, Beisel,Chad Brown,Mincey,Woods and Alexander
and we don't have any backup OLB's yet.
-----------------------------------------------------

BTW, we only get three if we leave the offense with only 23 slots, probably OK for now.
-----------------------------------------------
Freeman, Roach, and Mays are easy cuts. I'll need to watch the game today to get a feel for things after 3 games, though I get more from the breakdowns when I can focus on each player and see how they are affected by their peers.

Tebucky's injury looked like an ankle to me. Whatever it was, it happened while he was running untouched with nobody near him --- all too reminiscent of Ty Law's foot injury at Pittsburgh in '04.

Warfield had nice defense on a long pass attempt into the end zone tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
shakadave said:
Tebucky's injury looked like an ankle to me. Whatever it was, it happened while he was running untouched with nobody near him --- all too reminiscent of Ty Law's foot injury at Pittsburgh in '04.

Warfield had nice defense on a long pass attempt into the end zone tonight.

On TV he was very clearly holding and massaging his hamstring area and there was no twisting of the ankle in the replay - there was no contact... just Tebucky cutting over to get into the play, then him collapsing - textbook hamstring tear from the looks of it

A lot of people dumped on Patrick Pass last year for fumbling when he tore his hamstring, but anyone who has done that knows it can feel like being shot (and yes I have been shot in the thigh before - and have torn a hamstring - so I know)

Now I'm no pro-athlete but I know my hamstring took a good 6 weeks to even be close to "healed" (the "bruise" was something to behold as well) and to this day its much tighter than the other, as it feels like there's some scar tissue there

It's just one of those injuries that doesn't sound serious ("oh its just a hamstring") but a Grade 2 or 3 tear does some real damage to the muscle and isn't anything to sneeze at

... another good reason to take it slow with our 2nd round draft choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back