PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebucky Jones Seeks To Evict His Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPatsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This story is already 4 days old, but I just came across it. Apologies if it has already been posted.

<SNIPPED FROM THE HARTFORD COURANT>

August 4, 2006
By HILDA MUÑOZ And KEN BYRON, Courant Staff Writers

NEW BRITAIN -- Tebucky Jones, a New England Patriots football star and former New Britain High School standout, is trying to evict his mother from a condominium he bought for her.

Jones filed a complaint in Superior Court in June. He claims his mother, Maryann Jones, is not paying rent.

"He belongs in the hall of shame, not the hall of fame," Maryann Jones said Thursday at the Plainville condo.

Tebucky Jones, 31, could not be reached for comment. Attorneys for both parties did not respond to messages.

Maryann Jones had appeared in New Britain Housing Court earlier in the day and claimed that she made all her rent payments. The housing court case was continued to Aug. 24.

Tebucky used to be generous with the money he earned playing football, said his sister Shanequa Jones, 27, who lives at the condo and is also being evicted. But he's stopped speaking with her, her mother and her brother James in recent years, she said.

"He couldn't look at my face [in court]," Shanequa said. "It was the first time I've seen him in 2½ years."

Tebucky Jones bought his mother Unit 33 of the Old Mill condo development on Pierce Street in April 1999, according to land records in Plainville Town Hall. Those records indicate that he then gave her the property, through a quit-claim deed, in December 2002.

A mother of five, Maryann Jones has a history of drug and other legal problems. In February 1998, she was sentenced to 30 months in prison for selling crack cocaine to police informants. Prior to her sentencing, Tebucky Jones, who was then a senior at Syracuse University, offered to pay any fine, or do community service, to keep his mother out of prison.
-----<SNIP>-----

Link to full story:
http://www.courant.com/hc-nebjones0804.artaug04,0,1622158.story

Tebucky Jones, football star?

already posted in TeBucky thread

It has. But, fortunately, it did not generate much discussion.

Given the most obvious interpretation of this story, it seemed best not to intrude on what appears to be a very difficult and painful issue for Tebucky.

On first glance it looks bad for Tebucky. But after reading that his mother is an addict, maybe he's trying to give her some type of motivation (keep the condo/kick the habit deal)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remix 6 said:
already posted in TeBucky thread

My bad. I did a quick search before posting, obviously not very well. Sorry about that.

scout said:
On first glance it looks bad for Tebucky. But after reading that his mother is an addict, maybe he's trying to give her some type of motivation (keep the condo/kick the habit deal)?

I thought of the "tough love" angle, too. She seems like a piece of work. Since they're from New Britain, CT the local news outlets feel the need to post anything and everything about athletes w/ CT ties. Quite a few stories over the years about his mothers legal tangles.

As none of us know the whole story, we're better off worrying about how he looks on Friday night.

After reading that he was willing to pay fines or do community service before to keep his mother out of prison and all this it really shows that hes a good guy. I dont blame him at all if they arent paying any rent. I feel bad for him big time that his mothers such a b!tch.

Enough commentary - this isn't a good topic for public discussion, my thanks to all who have kept their thoughts to themselves.

BelichickFan said:
As none of us know the whole story, we're better off worrying about how he looks on Friday night.

Well said. I assume there is more to this than meets the eye.

My guess is that his wife runs the checking account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes