PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebucky is still available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With Tebucky Jones a yet-unsigned free agent, I'm just throwing this out for my own education, to learn from the replies, because I'm not up to date on his career. Tebucky was a S, we hoped to make him a CB, we kept him at safety, he did OK there, he became overpriced, we got rid of him. Now, would he help us today? He couldn't be too expensive.

theres a reason why....he loves tackling.....HIS OWN TEAMATES!

I'd take Tebucky on a short, low $$$ deal, for sure. He's a terrific S/Ter and, in a pinch, could play some safety. As long as we brought him in as a J'Rod Cherry+, and not an Artrell Hawkins.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Is OTIS still around?
Man, you gotta be quick on these threads if you want to get the good quips in..

Johnny Mac said:
Man, you gotta be quick on these threads if you want to get the good quips in..
Some of them just write themselves. ;)

What's Chris Canty doing these days?

You guys are mentioning a lot of my favorites. Otis --- YESSSS! And Je'Rod was one of my favorites --- hated to see him go.

Strangely enough, Tebucky brought me the happiest 8 seconds of my life as a sports fan when he got that 98 yard touchdown in the Super Bowl (temporarily :) ). Willie took it away, so maybe somehow Willie's exit to Cleveland would open the door for Tebucky's return. (How twisted is THAT logic? ha ha)

In light of today's rumors, it's time to give a happy BUMP to this thread! Could I be 10% as prophetic as Miguel on this one?

shakadave said:
You guys are mentioning a lot of my favorites. Otis --- YESSSS! And Je'Rod was one of my favorites --- hated to see him go.

Strangely enough, Tebucky brought me the happiest 8 seconds of my life as a sports fan when he got that 98 yard touchdown in the Super Bowl (temporarily :) ). Willie took it away, so maybe somehow Willie's exit to Cleveland would open the door for Tebucky's return. (How twisted is THAT logic? ha ha)

Had to chuckle at your reminiscences of that magical almost play.

There are very few times in my sports fan life where I have experienced such unbridled joy that I have completely lost it and just went haywire. Before the flag was shown on camera, that was one of them. I simply could not believe my eyes - the Patriots were going to actually win the Super Bowl! Mind you, I started as a fan in the early 70's when they were just not "NFL-worthy".

That play, had it stood, would have been the nail in the coffin and would have set off the celebration right then and there (and would have cost AV millions in lifetime endorsements).

shmessy said:
Had to chuckle at your reminiscences of that magical almost play.

There are very few times in my sports fan life where I have experienced such unbridled joy that I have completely lost it and just went haywire. Before the flag was shown on camera, that was one of them. I simply could not believe my eyes - the Patriots were going to actually win the Super Bowl! Mind you, I started as a fan in the early 70's when they were just not "NFL-worthy".

That play, had it stood, would have been the nail in the coffin and would have set off the celebration right then and there (and would have cost AV millions in lifetime endorsements).

Right on all counts! That was the play most responsible for my voice still being hoarse 3 days later.

It was (for a few seconds) the perfect sports moment, when you knew the outcome was going our way. Nothing previous topped that since I began following Boston sports in the early-mid '70s. I just missed Bruins championship consciousness, and when the Celts won it in 1981, the Finals were not that exciting (i.e. no Game 7). By the time we beat the Lakers in '84, it was a second championship. But Tebucky ran us (briefly) into never-before-seen glory. I'm glad he's got a ring.

PATSNUTme said:
What's Chris Canty doing these days?

isn't he playing defensive line for the Cowboys? lol. oh wait, that's the OTHER chris canty. hahaha.

Tebucky's problem is that he's always looking for that monster, Top 10, ball-jarring hit. If he'd learn how to just actually tackle he'd be a helluva lot more productive.

CTPatsFan said:
Tebucky's problem is that he's always looking for that monster, Top 10, ball-jarring hit. If he'd learn how to just actually tackle he'd be a helluva lot more productive.

Yeah, but when he actually connects with one of those shots, it changes the course of the game.

shakadave said:

I was a big Je'Juan fan personally

Tebucky as a J'Rod Cherry+ is the right idea. I'd take him and Mitchell as a very solid tandem of ST/ers and depth - in a heartbeat.

Izzo and Davis' chances??

Great Idea.

Our ST coverages have been trending downwards. Caoch Brad Seeley has been relying on aging LBs for ST coverage. The tougnness may be there in Izzo, Davis, Chatham and TBC, but the speed wasn't. Tebucky had super speed for a Safety, much much better than a LB, and Mitchell has Safety speed too.

It is becoming clear that BB self-evaluated the Team, and decided he needs to rebuild the LB corps AND ALSO the ST. Trading LB toughness for Safety speed and toughness can't hurt, and might be expected to help greatly.

I would predict the jobs of Izzo and Davis just got much more precarious...

Izzo I think is safe, Davis is on shaky ground

don't forget Tebucky also picked off Kordel in the AFC Championship game back in 2001, then again so did O-T-I-S!

Can't we bring Otis back too? At least so he can retire as a Patriot?

Otis retired with us last year, I believe.

Signed a one-day contract sometime after the draft, but no one really noticed.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Don't forget Tebucky also picked off Kordel in the AFC Championship game back in 2001, then again so did O-T-I-S!

Can't we bring Otis back too? At least so he can retire as a Patriot?

Otis is back. His new name is Eric Warfield.
The old Otis did retire as a Pat after signing a one-day contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back