PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebucky doesn't like gunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I get really concerned when a player starts deciding what he is willing to do and what he doesn't want to do ?? Maybe Tebucky hasn't changed all that much. Maybe he doesn't like to tackle so much either - shades of the past. I wonder if that puts him one foot out of the door.

He said this when he signed. Said he would play anywhere, even ST, but not gunner, it was "a young guy's job."

jczxohn1 said:
He said this when he signed. Said he would play anywhere, even ST, but not gunner, it was "a young guy's job."
Then maybe he's too "old" to be a Patriot at all ?

I'm probably just reacting negatively. Maybe that isn't spilling over into other parts of his play. I reckon we trust Belichick to know if the guy will put out 102%.

Well if Tebucky wants to be a Patriot this year, he may have to relive the old days. He can, however, leave for somewhere like New Orleans, where they will give into his demands.

kinda sux
if i remember right he was a pretty darn good gunner when he was here

it kinda rubs me the wrong way that he's putting limits to where he can or cannot play, considering he doesnt really have a stranglehold on a roster spot

I've been saying it all along....some of you guys think the 22 year old Tebucky Jones is at camp. He absolutely does not have the speed and agility anymore to play gunner. If not for the injuries to Harrison and Mitchell, he would have no shot at making this roster, and even with the injuries, I still don't think he makes it.

Jeebus, I have the feeling some of you guys would be thrilled to get Larry Whigham and Corwin Brown to sign up.

Good Special Teams guys aren't good special teams guys forever. This isn't the Pro Bowlers Tour.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
Good Special Teams guys aren't good special teams guys forever. This isn't the Pro Bowlers Tour.

Or The Larry Izzo Show.

Clonamery said:
Or The Larry Izzo Show.

And he's getting to the point where he's surviving on name value. Last year he noticibly declined. I'm not sure he makes the team either.

dryheat44 said:
And he's getting to the point where he's surviving on name value. Last year he noticibly declined. I'm not sure he makes the team either.

I'd agree but 'The Larry Izzo Show' has a ring to it.

arrellbee said:
Then maybe he's too "old" to be a Patriot at all ?

I'm probably just reacting negatively. Maybe that isn't spilling over into other parts of his play. I reckon we trust Belichick to know if the guy will put out 102%.

I don't think you're being negative. If Tebucky really thinks being a gunner is a "young guy's job" then he just might be giving up his roster spot to that "young guy".

Last edited by a moderator:
You think that bb brought him to camp on "name value"?

dryheat44 said:

mgteich said:
You think that bb brought him to camp on "name value"?

No, not BB. I was going to clarify that thought. First of all, he's under contract, so why wouldn't he be at camp? But that's irrelevant for now.

My point is that he has name recognition amongst us fans, as well as media members and other players around the league.

If Izzo makes the team this year, than obviously he's still a productive and valuable member of the Pats. But really, all that means is he's a better option than the alternatives. His play definitely slipped, at least on kick coverage, last year.

I think most fans like you and me who put together roster predictions put him on the roster because we know his reputation as "Pro Bowl Special Teams Player Larry Izzo."

and we know that Izzo (and Davis) have consistently beaten out all comers for ST roster spots. You and I would have no problems if bb cut either one. That would mean that someone beat them out; but that is true for almost anyone on the team.

dryheat44 said:
No, not BB. I was going to clarify that thought. First of all, he's under contract, so why wouldn't he be at camp? But that's irrelevant for now.

My point is that he has name recognition amongst us fans, as well as media members and other players around the league.

If Izzo makes the team this year, than obviously he's still a productive and valuable member of the Pats. But really, all that means is he's a better option than the alternatives. His play definitely slipped, at least on kick coverage, last year.

I think most fans like you and me who put together roster predictions put him on the roster because we know his reputation as "Pro Bowl Special Teams Player Larry Izzo."

mgteich said:
and we know that Izzo (and Davis) have consistently beaten out all comers for ST roster spots. You and I would have no problems if bb cut either one. That would mean that someone beat them out; but that is true for almost anyone on the team.

Exactly right. My point was that IMO, Izzo is iffy to make the team. To my eyes, his ST performance has declined enough where I can see a guy like Eric Alexander taking over that role, while having some upside in the regular defense.

Tebucky is in camp because of what happened last year at the safety position. As bad as Tebucky was, BB i simply saying, well he might do a smidge better than the guys out there last year. Michael Stone, anyone?

After reading this, I couldn't care less as to whether or not Tebucky makes the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back