PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - he will be a guy that sticks around and does his work because that is what Belichick will want him to do. Belichick is in control and there is no disputing that.

And like Bruschi said yesterday, he will be treated like Ventrone and guys that bounce on and off of the roster.

He is on the double secret probation roster aka the Shadow Roster unless someone picks him up off of waivers, which is doubtful based on the tape.

I think you are on to something.

The roster slot is a good argument. It's not like a #3 QB would see the field during games this season anyway and roster spots on the Pats are premium.

As far as someone picking Tim up assumes Tim would go, regardless of Tim's tape being good or bad. It's not like Tim NEEDS a job.

Well hell, what a great way to start my Saturday, waking up to the news that things didn't go as I had hoped.

Such is life.

I'd like to thank the huge overwhelming majority of the posters I have met here. You all handled Tebow's signing with true class, unlike the dregs of humanity known as most Jets fans last year.

Of course, there were a few blithering asshats, who shall remain nameless, but that's to be expected in any population. That whole "standard distribution" thing ya know. To the credit of the Pats, and this site in particular, quite a few long time forum denizens stepped up and did their best to smack some sense into a number of these folks, and that was appreciated.

In the end, the Pats gave Tebow all that I have ever wanted for him since he left Denver, which was an honest chance and a true evaluation by coaches who think out of the box and don't try to force square pegs into round holes.

Again, I wish things had gone differently, but it is what it is.

Anyways, it's been a fun ride and I thank most of you for the good times that I have had here to date. Who knows, I might just hang around as the team and this forum have already started to grow on me more than just a bit :)

I think it's in his best interest. He's the kind of guy that needs to play to improve and that wouldn't have happened here. I really wonder what would have happened if Denver had stuck with him. He only seems to perform at his best in game time situations when the money's on the line. I wish him all the best in the future.

I mean that you can't get much out that spot. Like one guy wouldnt fix the secondary or pass coverage that mucch. I forgot what i was gonna say so I will leave it as that.

I sttill hate how you guys are calling me tebow's boyfriend or saying how i wont be missed if i were toleave.

I never understood the hatred. Wish him the best.

Not a huge surprise. Don't think the Patriots have enough team wide quality depth that allows them to carry 3 QB's. Also neither Mallett or Tebow impressed enough in camp to make Mallett a legit trade possibility and Tebow the number 2 QB.
Don't cry for Tim Tebow though. He's a terrific, grounded person and will do great things in service to others around this very troubled world we live in.

6JTivS.jpg

Best of luck to the kid, but he had no hope of ever superseding Mallett.

All we ever wanted was someone to give him a real shot..The Patriots did that, and we appreciate it- Very disappointed that he didn't play well enough to stick, but he really was horrible. So no surprise from me. Glad I didn't buy the shirt. I think this is it for him, but if the Jags pick him up, I'd buy season tickets for sure. Never happen though- Guess I'll stick with my Gators and just root for my fantasy players. Thank you all, most of you were class acts and it's been fun reading your boards. Go Patriots, I hope you do well in 2013. (I drafted Sudfeld, so I'll be watching) Bye..

As a Patriots fan I've been rooting for the Tebow reclamation project to be a success, mainly because:

1. He's a great guy.
2. He's got a great work ethic.
3. He's an underdog.
4. His success would...
4a. ... be very bitter, bitter, bitter for Jets fan to take.
4b. ... be a real feather in Belichick's hat.
4c. ... help the Patriots as either a viable backup quarterback or as future draft picks from a trade.

As simple as that.

Ah, the good ol' "army of Tebow zealots" argument. The fun part is that it never happened. What did happen was a large number of anti-Tebow zealots who came off looking much more petty than the mostly reasonable (and reasonably-sized) influx of Tebow rooters.

But you won. A decent guy with marginal QB skills is out of a job, and your long nightmare is over. Personally, I can't fathom rooting this hard for any non-criminal player to make my team, but that's just me.

This is one of many posts that are very fair and true. He did nothing to embarrass the team. Yet SOME posters of this forum hated him for reasons that go beyond mere football.

However, MOST of the Posters on this forum here have been reasonable and respectful. I am happy to say that I have made friends with many posters here including the Tebow supporters and even some who are NOT Tebow supporters per se. Thus, I will stick around the forum and will add my input from time to time. Bill Belichick gave Tebow a fair shot and that's all you can ask for. The Patriots Team is a classy organization.

I hope the Pats win alot of games this season. Oh and Tom Brady is one of my favorites football players. Therefore, I look forward to seeing him and the rest of the team play football.

The engraver needs to use spell check.

Maybe that's an indication of the intellectual prowess of the picture poster. I was thinking that posting that pic was a little tacky (I'm being nice).

I wish him best of luck.

My reaction to this news is one of relief. The Patriots have enough question marks on offense and with the secondary, and do not need to think about how Tebow might prove his value to the team.

Tebow's kept the circus aspect of his followers to a minimum. For that we should be grateful. The long-term distraction would be the mind-space Josh McDaniels would have to devote to keep something on the wristband for Tebow to run if the situation arose. Now they can focus on what they do.

Adios, Tebow. Vaya con Dios.

To me he didn't show any real reason why to keep him in preseason outside of his two TDs against the third/fourth line of the Giants. Yeah he might work hard in practice and all but when he can't even get one completion in the week 2 preseason game against Tampa Bay (and his QB rating was what 0.0) then it's time to cut him.

I fully expect a team with a bad need for a QB right now to pick him up. I sense Buffalo, Jacksonville, or Oakland myself will be his next destination.

Maybe the jest will pick him up, Woody Johnson loves him.

There is a God.

I never understood the hatred. Wish him the best.

Because of all the hoopla and media frenzy about a player who barely belongs in the NFL.

Its like reality TV crap with him.

The Tebow silence is odd. Nothing from his twitter account. No press release.
Might want to hang on there haters. :D
Just sayin..... :yeeha:

In Hoodie I trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing