PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss Mesko as a person much more than I'll miss Tebow.

Yeah you are right. What was I thinking. Anyone who would stoop to the level of proclaiming that half the Patriots team "isnt good" in order to support keeping Tebow is someone you should support.

Birds of a feather.

And yet, you still came off worse. After having read your last couple of responses, enjoy your banning.

Bruins 29 needs to
Grow up.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'm just giving my opinion. The roster isn't really that good. The defense looks as if it will be more or less the same as the last two years. We have a few decent receivers. And I think Tebow has the potential to be good.

:bricks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of it is that his fans are hypersensitive to criticism, not that the criticism is worse than it would be for anyone else with his (lack of) skill set. So I would say there is an irrational amount of protectiveness toward him, that he has not earned based on football.

Good riddance to this distraction non-talent. He needs to go read up on the sin of Pride, and accept that he will never be a good NFL QB, and play TE or something....or go be a commentator.

I'm neither a lover or hater. I hoped he stuck around cos he's a good kid; minus all his beliefs, he doesn't drink, gamble, do drugs and certainly won't kill anyone.

But I also knew he wouldn't make the team because he is not good enough for this team at the QB position.

To say he is a non-talent, is flat out wrong. To win at this level is very hard. How hard? I don't know. I don't think you know either. Tebow has made many plays in his relatively short career. He's won everything in college. He's won a playoff game. I can accept that he's not very good for this level but he's not a non talent.

Distraction? I have not read a single report of that since he's been with the patriots. Our organization knows how to deal with the media. Not a single patriot has come out to say anything bad about tebow cos they know they'll be in the doghouse if they do that.

Will never be a good QB? I don't know. Maybe not but no one knows the future. Everyone can change. He's still young. Chances are slim but you can't never say never about ANY player. Who would've thought Eli manning would win 2 superbowls after those atrocious first years.

I think this is the right move from a football standpoint, but I think it is shameful how so many people in this forum had such hatred and vitriol for the guy. He was brought in to try out, he gave it his best and he did absolutely nothing to hurt or embarrass the team.

He was not good enough to make the final cut, but there is no reason for so many in here to hate him so much.

Perfectly said. :rocker:

I was filled with plenty of snarky comments when the team picked him up but I admit I was wrong and I would have been happy to have him on the team if he had made it. He wasn't good enough but he tried his best and I didn't think there was any real distraction surrounding him at all. That aspect was nearly nonexistent, especially compared to what I had feared.

After the whole AH fiasco, I learned the true definition of what a distraction and an embarrassment to the team is. And Tim Tebow is not it.

Good luck with wherever life takes you, Tim.

He showed he wasn't a QB for Pats This might have been a request from Bob Kraft to give him a look. Bill and Josh didn't have any other options for him so he is out. Time to move on.

Exactly, which is why you should follow another team and post on another forum. You wont be missed.

Dude seriously? Come on. I'm a Pats fan. I don't think the roster is that good though.

There is a spot on a nfl roster with Tebows skills. Just not on this one. His game is best with chaos,pocket collapsing, rolling out and making throws on the run, running options. They just don't run that kind of system here, thank goodness.

Best of luck to him. I'm a big fan of his and hope he does well elsewhere. To be honest it just wouldn't be fair to give him a roster spot when so many others are also on the fringe.

I enjoyed his time here, he's my favorite player who isn't a patriot, which right now makes him my 54th favorite player. I'll root for him if he plays somewhere else or the CFL or whatever as long as he isn't in the NFL in a game that matters to my team.

Good points about him leaving:

1 - His haters will eventually get tired of gloating that he's gone.
2 - No more stupid posts about an 'army of tebowites' that never existed.
3 - His jersey might go on sale for super cheap in some places.

Congrats to the people who rooted against a Patriot.

Seems like his fame is working against him unfortunately -- there's plenty of backups that he's better than; and there's nothing wrong with being a journeyman backup in the NFL; plenty of other first round qbs have failed to be starters but had long careers; unfortunately for him though, teams are hesitant to keep him around as the #2 due to the media following/attention he gets (not saying he'd have been #2 here, but he would be on many other teams).

The only unfortunate thing is that Bill and Josh thought they'd be able to help him recover after the Jets damage (atleast I assume that's why he was signed) and they weren't able to.

As I stated in another post.... I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign him.

Well, you can't improve the roster with just one addition.

I just thought that Tebow could be a good project to develop.

Seriously, I'm just giving my opinion. The roster isn't really that good. The defense looks as if it will be more or less the same as the last two years. We have a few decent receivers. And I think Tebow has the potential to be good.

If we assume this statement is true, this is even more reason NOT to keep a project 3rd QB on the roster when it would be far more logical to keep extra roster spots for positions they are weaker at. We get it you LOVE Timmy, but he's just not that good and even if he is "improving" he doesn't need to take a roster spot away from another position where this weak roster (your words not mine) could use some depth.

If we assume this statement is true, this is even more reason NOT to keep a project 3rd QB on the roster when it would be far more logical to keep extra roster spots for positions they are weaker at. We get it you LOVE Timmy, but he's just not that good and even if he is "improving" he doesn't need to take a roster spot away from another position where this weak roster (your words not mine) could use some depth.
My response is above

I guess Bill really did bring him here as QB and that's it.

I wish him well and if he works hard to get better I don't think we've seen the last of him in the NFL.

My response is above

Yes, you can improve the roster with just one addition. If you are keeping a guy who will NOT play at all this year over someone who could very easily play and contribute then you have made the roster better with one guy.

I guess Bill really did bring him here as QB and that's it.

I wish him well and if he works hard to get better I don't think we've seen the last of him in the NFL.

Things may have different for him if was open to different roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back