PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already improved his zip. He used throw wobbly intermediate passes. So he's already improved on that.

His zip improved when he entered the NFL. His mechanics in the pocket are still ugly.

You have to question now if he will be picked up by another team at all; looking at you, Bills.. Also Packers are in need of a backup QB. Chargers too.

Bullcrap. The posts in this forum - including many of yours - show an irrational amount of hatred for a guy who never did a thing to hurt this franchise.

He came in, he did his best, he got cut. What you hate him so much is beyond me.

Part of it is that his fans are hypersensitive to criticism, not that the criticism is worse than it would be for anyone else with his (lack of) skill set. So I would say there is an irrational amount of protectiveness toward him, that he has not earned based on football.

Good riddance to this distraction non-talent. He needs to go read up on the sin of Pride, and accept that he will never be a good NFL QB, and play TE or something....or go be a commentator.

He already improved his zip. He used throw wobbly intermediate passes. So he's already improved on that.

You clearly did not watch much of the Patriots pre-season games this year. The zip on his football is irrelevant.

In other words - the zip on his football means zip.

He will be resurected...I mean re-signed somewhere down the line.

Even in death Tim Lives, this will turn into another 30 page thread about Timmy Terrific...

I have no hate for Tebow. I am just a fan. I think the team is better off filling a spot with someone else to help them win. I just care about winning and losing. Personalities mean nothing to me. They aren't my friends. If someone guaranteed a SB win if we cut Brady, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

You have to question now if he will be picked up by another team at all; looking at you, Bills.. Also Packers are in need of a backup QB. Chargers too.

Argument that this is the end of the line: if the Patriots cut him, then anybody would cut him. Josh drafted him, BB likes him, and he's no threat to the starter here.

Argument that some other team might pick him up: Each time he gets cut, the supposed "circus factor" tamps down even more, and some team might like him if they're just getting another Chase Daniels type to fill out their squad. The pressure to actually do something with him goes way down.

Please don't give him special credit for this attribute. 98% of the players do the same thing.
I'm not giving him "special credit" for that attribute, just acknowledging that it is possible to despise a player on your own team who is a certified a-hole.

But in Tebow's case, nothing like that is even remotely true. He worked hard, did his best, and just wasn't good enough. There's no shame in that, and there's no reason for so much vitriol to come at him from so-called Patriots fans.

I could never imagine hating a guy so much who played for the Patriots as some of the people in here hated Tebow without that player having embarrassed the team in some way, which Tebow certainly did not do.

Thank god!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!
Ya feel me?

The hell is your problem? I think he's improving, he has the talent, etc. No need to be such a ***** about it, seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I can't say I'm totally surprised. I would like to thank the level headed posters that talked football, and say that I may lurk around and throw random posts in here and there. Its been fun. The pats are a class act and I am glad they gave Tebow a shot. He didn't fit in with teams plans this year, perhaps he stays on a shadow roster or whatever... I don't know.

Yeah, this is an eminently reasonable response to the other poster's statement.

Yeah you are right. What was I thinking. Anyone who would stoop to the level of proclaiming that half the Patriots team "isnt good" in order to support keeping Tebow is someone you should support.

Birds of a feather.

I wouldn’t rule out a return for Tebow either during the season, or in January on a futures contract.

Either way I wish Tebow luck as he continues pursuit of his NFL dream.

The hell is your problem? I think he's improving, he has the talent, etc. No need to be such a ***** about it, seriously.

Yeah there is when you proclaim half the team isnt good in order to support your boyfriend.

Grow up.

The Patriots installed the read-option and pistol w/ Tebow over the summer...

I wonder why'd they'd make such a commitment, only to turn around and cut the only QB on the team who can run it. Mind you, I don't think it was installed for the benefit of Tebow. I think it was for the benefit of the D; They get reps to prepare them for the games against run-first qbs.

Not saying I want Tebow back (once Gronk's status is secure). But I think it makes sense to pursue a QB who can run that read-option and pistol offense; so the D can get quality reps.

I've been thinking the same thing. More upside than downside to installing that offense for a while.

Good riddance to this distraction non-talent. He needs to go read up on the sin of Pride, and accept that he will never be a good NFL QB, and play TE or something....or go be a commentator.
This is what I mean about Tebow haters just losing their minds. I mean, really, brah...? Really..?!? A guy trying as hard as he can to fulfill his life long dream of making it in the NFL somehow is "the sin of Pride"??!?

Really..??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots