PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much of a surprise there. He was awful. The only upside to keep him on the roster would have been to force Woody Johnson to cut a million dollar check to Denver. Not worth a roster spot for that.

Not much of a surprise there. He was awful. The only upside to keep him on the roster would have been to force Woody Johnson to cut a million dollar check to Denver. Not worth a roster spot for that.

Not worth a roster spot? Half the players on this team aren't good anyway though.

I feel like the team treated him well, and just doesn't have room for a #3. He would have been been fun to follow here.

I know there's a lot of hatred for us Tebow fans (some of you express it quite often, even though nobody's asking) but we tried to keep it real and discuss football. Maybe he'll be back someday.

Farewell Tebowites. It's been fun having you guys around the forums. You guys brought a lot of energy and vigor with your discussions about Mr. Tebow.

I wish you all the best in your following of this great icon.

Thanks for the memories, from PatsFans everywhere.

Godspeed, my Tebrother.

He was brought in to try out, he gave it his best and he did absolutely nothing to hurt or embarrass the team.

Please don't give him special credit for this attribute. 98% of the players do the same thing.

I feel like the team treated him well, and just doesn't have room for a #3. He would have been been fun to follow here.

I know there's a lot of hatred for us Tebow fans (some of you express it quite often, even though nobody's asking) but we tried to keep it real and discuss football. Maybe he'll be back someday.

Awesome-o is on the fringe of being a troll, but the rest of you guys compose yourselves well in a debate and are more than welcome to stay here as far as I'm concerned. As it pertains to you, specifically? You contributed a hell of a lot more to football discussion and breakdowns than a lot of posters around here. I would like to see most of you put the posters you don't like on ignore and stick around.

Not worth a roster spot? Half the players on this team aren't good anyway though.

Exactly, which is why you should follow another team and post on another forum. You wont be missed.

Ah, the good ol' "army of Tebow zealots" argument. The fun part is that it never happened. What did happen was a large number of anti-Tebow zealots who came off looking much more petty than the mostly reasonable (and reasonably-sized) influx of Tebow rooters.

But you won. A decent guy with marginal QB skills is out of a job, and your long nightmare is over. Personally, I can't fathom rooting this hard for any non-criminal player to make my team, but that's just me.

I've never thought Tebow could play QB in the pros, so I'm not surprised he was cut; although, I certainly had my doubts because of all the reporting that he was going to make the team.

He might be a great guy, but that's not reason to make the team.

If "half of the players on this team aren't good anyway", then that should tell you how good Tebow is.

No, I mean half the players on this team aren't even good. So it makes no sense to say Tebow isn't worth a roster spot, since he has a lot of talent to develop.

The problem with him is that he's raw, but the Pats could've fix that by having him as a backup for sometime. I mean he already should some improvement when throwing with zip.

No, I mean half the players on this team aren't even good. So it makes no sense to say Tebow isn't worth a roster spot, since he has a lot of talent to develop.

The problem with him is that he's raw, but the Pats could've fix that by having him as a backup for sometime. I mean he already should some improvement when throwing with zip.

You're severely underrating how hard it is to fix a quarterback's mechanics. Old habits die hard.

Please tell us which half "isn't good"

Patriots organization gave him a fair shot. Most everybody here has been a class act about it . I'm sure Tebow is taking it better than his fans .

Thanks Tebow's god. now the circus can leave town

Only circus I saw were regular posters here who completely lost their minds with Tebow hatred. Some of them may (falsely) claim they only hated Tebow fans, but even then, then spewed far more lame verbiage than the Tebow fans.

I said a month ago he would get cut and that he would be back and cut at a Ventronian rate during the season. I still think that will be true and he'll run the scout team on pistol weeks. It's not like he has other NFL options. Arena and CFL maybe.

Only circus I saw were regular posters here who completely lost their minds with Tebow hatred. Some of them may (falsely) claim they only hated Tebow fans, but even then, then spewed far more lame verbiage than the Tebow fans.

I dont know. I had zero issue with Tebow here and I am extremely level headed. All it took was a few posters here to go so overboard with the Tebow stuff that it got to the point where I wanted him out of here just to shut them up.

So, while it was not a full blown 3 ring circus there was enough obnoxiousness for me to hope he was cut, Granted it was more that having 3 QBs is a waste.

You're severely underrating how hard it is to fix a quarterback's mechanics. Old habits die hard.

He already improved his zip. He used throw wobbly intermediate passes. So he's already improved on that.

I said a month ago he would get cut and that he would be back and cut at a Ventronian rate during the season. I still think that will be true and he'll run the scout team on pistol weeks. It's not like he has other NFL options. Arena and CFL maybe.

I agree - he will be a guy that sticks around and does his work because that is what Belichick will want him to do. Belichick is in control and there is no disputing that.

And like Bruschi said yesterday, he will be treated like Ventrone and guys that bounce on and off of the roster.

He is on the double secret probation roster aka the Shadow Roster unless someone picks him up off of waivers, which is doubtful based on the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back