PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tebow receives offer from Italian Football league

Tim Tebow > Geno Smith ? :behindsofa:

Tim is very talented.

If Aaron Hernandez is found not guilty he will be back in the NFL immediately following any league invoked suspension. You know why? Because he is very talented. If Tim was very talented he would be in the NFL point blank period.

If Aaron Hernandez is found not guilty he will be back in the NFL immediately following any league invoked suspension. You know why? Because he is very talented. If Tim was very talented he would be in the NFL point blank period.

I disagree, Tim is very talented regardless of his status in or out of the NFL. Being in or out of the NFL dosen't dictate how talented someone may or may not be.

I disagree, Tim is very talented regardless of his status in or out of the NFL. Being in or out of the NFL dosen't dictate how talented someone may or may not be.

It actually does the NFL consists of the most talented football players in the world, if you're not part of that group you're not considered in that tier of talent. Players are of course not in the NFL due character issues and other circumstances but Tebow doesn't fall into that segment either.

I think it's time to let the Tebow dream die my friend, he hasn't even received an offer from the CFL that's not a good sign.

It actually does the NFL consists of the most talented football players in the world, if you're not part of that group you're not considered in that tier of talent. Players are of course not in the NFL due character issues and other circumstances but Tebow doesn't fall into that segment either.

I think it's time to let the Tebow dream die my friend, he hasn't even received an offer from the CFL that's not a good sign.

I am not letting go of anything. There are alot of talented players who didn't make it into the NFL or made it to the NFL and had their careers cut short for various reasons. Just because Tebow hasn't received any offer for the NFL this year doesn't necessarily mean that he never will.

It is time to agree to disagree.

Tebow Biggest problem is that he is a stubborn ass. If he would just give up his dream to be an NFL QB as opposed to an NFL PLAYER he would be in the league teams know he sucks as a QB but would be a great Hback or RB

Jets should sign Teblow (again). Just because...;)

Italy has a professional football league?! :eek: Why hasn't Italian Pat Patriot filled us in on this? :confused:

ciao Tune i do not follows so much italian football honestly

i have a friend that is working for Seamen Milan that is a strong Miami Dolphin fan

if Tebow will really play here probably i will go to see a game

let's see...

Speechless... had no clue there was a football league in Europe, let alone Italy.

if i'm not wrong american football is playied in approx 28 european countries

till approx 12 years ago one of the best, probably the best, was an italian one: Lions Bergamo

John Grisham wrote a short piece of fiction about an American third string NFL QB that goes to Italy to play QB on a pro team. It's called "Playing For Pizza" It's a fast-paced fun book and an easy read. He writes about football pretty well.

I have to confess that I became a football/Pats fan because I am a fan of David Halberstam and read "The Education of a Coach". Prior to reading that, I never paid much attention to football.

Tim Tebow is a superb football player -- he's just not quite superb enough to have a pro career.

He is even more superb as a celebrity, and that also seems to be more important to him (presumably because of the religious ministry angle). With the various rumors of him being in the mix for football commentary jobs, that seems like the direction it would be wise for him to go.

Congrats. You've achieved what almost all SEC coaches failed to accomplish and half the coaches he faced in the one year starting in the NFL failed to accomplish. You should submit your CV to a college team at the very least.

1. The Gators had more top end talent than most teams in the SEC, outside of maybe Alabama, during Tebow's time there.

2. The NFL had not yet gotten the blueprint to defend the read option.

In Tebow's time with the Gators, because of Meyer's recruiting, they were stacked on both sides of the ball while the rest of the SEC, for the most part, were only solid on one side of the ball during that time. On offense alone, I can count nine guys that have either gone on to productive NFL careers or have seen playing time with NFL teams. Five in the passing game, two on the OL, and two in the backfield. That kind of talent on that side of the ball certainly helps when you're already a very good college quarterback. Teams in the SEC simply didn't have the option of taking his first read away a lot of times. When they did, Tebow could make plays with his feet because of his athleticism and the talent of his OL. In the pros, he had a very productive half of his first season. The second half? Not so much. Coaches had figured out how to play him except for LeBeau, who has shown us time and again that he's pretty much a one trick pony with a very good trick.

As for the snark, thanks. I'm looking into coaching high school ball next year, actually. For someone who used to bite at the bit to show that Tebow haters went personal first, you sure as hell didn't hesitate.

What happened to the million dollar pay off in Russia, did he turn that down??

With all of the QB injuries throughout the NFL this year, his inability to get signed speaks volumes about his talent level.....

I am not letting go of anything. There are alot of talented players who didn't make it into the NFL or made it to the NFL and had their careers cut short for various reasons. Just because Tebow hasn't received any offer for the NFL this year doesn't necessarily mean that he never will.

It is time to agree to disagree.
I'm not sure how you are defining 'talented' but he is not talented enough to be an NFL QB as evidenced by the fact that no one wants him on their NFL team. Are you suggesting there are other reasons than ability causing that?
He may be the greatest college QB of all time, but he just doesn't have the skill level to play QB effectively in the NFL.

Interestingly though, my son gave me a trivia question the other day.
Who is the only Heisman winning QB in the last 25 years to win a playoff game? Tim Tebow. That illustrates the difference between great college player and pro player.

1. The Gators had more top end talent than most teams in the SEC, outside of maybe Alabama, during Tebow's time there.

2. The NFL had not yet gotten the blueprint to defend the read option.

In Tebow's time with the Gators, because of Meyer's recruiting, they were stacked on both sides of the ball while the rest of the SEC, for the most part, were only solid on one side of the ball during that time. On offense alone, I can count nine guys that have either gone on to productive NFL careers or have seen playing time with NFL teams. Five in the passing game, two on the OL, and two in the backfield. That kind of talent on that side of the ball certainly helps when you're already a very good college quarterback. Teams in the SEC simply didn't have the option of taking his first read away a lot of times. When they did, Tebow could make plays with his feet because of his athleticism and the talent of his OL. In the pros, he had a very productive half of his first season. The second half? Not so much. Coaches had figured out how to play him except for LeBeau, who has shown us time and again that he's pretty much a one trick pony with a very good trick.

As for the snark, thanks. I'm looking into coaching high school ball next year, actually. For someone who used to bite at the bit to show that Tebow haters went personal first, you sure as hell didn't hesitate.

It actually wasn't intended as snark, not in a negative sense although I can see how it read that way so apologies.

All QBs benefit from having good players around them. Do we criticise Brady because his best year coincided with having Moss and Welker on the team? That doesn't take away from his skills as a QB in the same way that Tebow's skills as a runner aren't diminished because Hernandez and Harvin were on his team.

And good luck with the coaching.

It actually wasn't intended as snark, not in a negative sense although I can see how it read that way so apologies.

All QBs benefit from having good players around them. Do we criticise Brady because his best year coincided with having Moss and Welker on the team? That doesn't take away from his skills as a QB in the same way that Tebow's skills as a runner aren't diminished because Hernandez and Harvin were on his team.

And good luck with the coaching.

No, but Brady also won with Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown too. And Tebow didn't benefit from an overwhelming talent advantage in the pros. Just in college where that kind of talent disparity on both sides of the ball will win you national championships. He benefitted from pro coaches never seeing or having to deal with the read option before. Once it was figured out, so was he. Tebow didn't have the accuracy or pocket presence to make coaches pay for the schemes they were throwing at him like, say, RGIII and Russell Wilson did/do.

Interestingly though, my son gave me a trivia question the other day.

Who is the only Heisman winning QB in the last 25 years to win a playoff game? Tim Tebow. That illustrates the difference between great college player and pro player.

This wouldn't be the case if Wade Phillips wasn't an incompetent moron. Good job Rob Johnson

No, but Brady also won with Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown too. And Tebow didn't benefit from an overwhelming talent advantage in the pros. Just in college where that kind of talent disparity on both sides of the ball will win you national championships. He benefitted from pro coaches never seeing or having to deal with the read option before. Once it was figured out, so was he. Tebow didn't have the accuracy or pocket presence to make coaches pay for the schemes they were throwing at him like, say, RGIII and Russell Wilson did/do.

I agree that he doesn't have the QB skills to make it in the NFL but that doesn't subtract from the success he has had, nor from his abilities as a runner. The guy is not an NFL QB and he's damaged his career by insisting that he is one (albeit that he's within his rights to do so) but the fact remains that he was one of the greatest college players ever and, for a year at least, had a reasonably successful time in the NFL; something that a whole bunch of QBs haven't had. It strikes me that those who are so determined to try and deny those facts are being a little churlish (not aimed at you).

I agree that he doesn't have the QB skills to make it in the NFL but that doesn't subtract from the success he has had, nor from his abilities as a runner. The guy is not an NFL QB and he's damaged his career by insisting that he is one (albeit that he's within his rights to do so) but the fact remains that he was one of the greatest college players ever and, for a year at least, had a reasonably successful time in the NFL; something that a whole bunch of QBs haven't had. It strikes me that those who are so determined to try and deny those facts are being a little churlish (not aimed at you).

That's fine, and I agree with most of it, but your original reponse to me was a reply in how to shut him down. That was pretty much the plan, and has been the plan since Saban got a hold of him. Set the edge, keep him in the pocket by holding up at the point of attack, double his first read (Harvin/Murphy/Cooper/D. Thomas), and make him go through his progressions as a pocket passer. I said as much before the 2011 contest and got called out for it too, only to see the team use exactly that approach against him to ridiculously successful results. But you seem to know that his strength isn't as a pocket passer, so that's fine. For the record, I think the guy has some of the prettiest mechanics I've ever seen while on the run. His mechanics in the pocket, however, are another story.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back