PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow played injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuses, excuses to further his already overrated legend.

If he played as Schefter reports "(Torn) cartilage on his first rib where it attaches to his sternum, bruised his lung and had fluid buildup in his pleural cavity."

He would've at least been seen coughing up some of that "fluid" on the sidelines and on the field and he definitely wouldn't have been able to take those hits, he was taking constantly with those so-called injuries. So LIES! LIES! LIES! to keep his name in the headlines. Tebow just got OWNED and they gotta make excuses for why he didn't show up at least in "Tebow-time" They should've put Quinn in, I'm sure he would've at least scored a TD.

I find it odd they question Romo's injury but don't question Tebow's. Sad.

Alabama NT Josh Chapman played his last 8 games at Alabama with a torn ACL. I find that more impressive, personally.

If he played as Schefter reports "(Torn) cartilage on his first rib where it attaches to his sternum, bruised his lung and had fluid buildup in his pleural cavity."

He would've at least been seen coughing up some of that "fluid" on the sidelines and on the field and he definitely wouldn't have been able to take those hits, he was taking constantly with those so-called injuries. So LIES! LIES! LIES! to keep his name in the headlines. Tebow just got OWNED and they gotta make excuses for why he didn't show up at least in "Tebow-time" They should've put Quinn in, I'm sure he would've at least scored a TD.

This sort of thing has come out about Brady in the past, and people here have talked about how tough he is.

Newsflash: Other QBs do it, too.

I like Tebow a lot, for his dedication, effort and leadership.

What I don't like is that this will now likely become an excuse as to why the Broncos lost by Denver fans - just like how they rationalized that they actually beat the Patriots the first time around except for those three turnovers.

Props to him for playing hurt. While it's not uncommon, it's always impressive that athletes can push themselves to play through pain without it even visibly affecting their performance.

(Of course, given that he was 3 of 10 for 28 yards in the first half, it might have been a little hard to notice the downtick.)

I agree. I'll be honest, I don't like Tebow because his religious beliefs and opinions on social issues annoy me. That said, he won a lot of games including a playoff game and a certain coach we know would say that's not an easy thing to do. I still think the reports of the severity of his injury are specious.

Props to him for playing hurt. While it's not uncommon, it's always impressive that athletes can push themselves to play through pain without it even visibly affecting their performance.

(Of course, given that he was 3 of 10 for 28 yards in the first half, it might have been a little hard to notice the downtick.)

Tebow's a high character guy. But yeah, he's just not there as a QB yet. Pats completely blew out the Broncs in the first half. There's just no way Tebow could catch up even if he were completely healthy. Work on your mechanics young man, 50% passing doesn't cut it in this league. If you aspire to be the next Mark Sanchez then 50% is good enough, but I think he has higher goals than that.

A lot of guys don't play in a blowout with that sort of injury. You can see why his team mates like playing with him. He needs to lose a little muscle mass in the upper body so he can clean up his throwing motion and get some accuracy.

You make it sound so easy. His mechanics have actually regressed badly at times this year: in fact, back to the college form that everyone agreed had to be drastically changed for him to become a starting QB in this league.

As we've seen, it's not as simple as just tirelessly working on your mechanics with a NFL QB coach or a guy like Elway. His throwing form and accuracy break down dramatically when he's under duress (which is often because NFL game speed is still way to fast for him to process). The bad aspects of his game have fed into each so far and made it impossible for him to perform with any consistency. He's a mess after two years in he NFL and one can read between the lines of Elway's very tepid "support" of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back