PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow is a green bean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, although this would have been one of the few places he could go and not cause a stir.

There is absolutely no place Tebow can go without causing a circus.

The only sad thing about this is I like Tebow, hes easy to root for. But now thats impossible so we can just laugh.

Jets fans are ******ed, the second a pick 6 is thrown by Sancheesy, Trump towers billboards will be lighting up with Tebow's name.

Tebow's career QB rating is higher than Sanchez's. His winning percentage, on a much lesser team, is .571 compared to .574.

Why wouldn't Jets fans do that?

With the Sanchise the Jets need all the help they can get on Offense. When Tebow enters the Jets huddle...the Defense wont know what's coming or so they think.:rolleyes: Maybe the Pats didn't want the remaining contract but with a innovative Offense like ours a Player Like Tebow could do wonders *mostly running* and no so much throwing.

I can't wait for the chants of "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" happen for the first time in the Meadowlands. Marky might cry in his footy pajamas right on the field.

He'll be released in a year or two, at which point the Patriots will pick him up for pennies on the dollar. I'm not sure if he'll be a stud H-back or QB but he will be a stud. Can't Wait!

There is absolutely no place Tebow can go without causing a circus.

Exactly, it's just a matter of what team could benefit from the attention.

This isn't one of them lmao

Stupidest move by our front office in years. I'm speechless at this bulls**t.

We take on a horrible contract, give up a 4th round pick in a deep draft, receive the whole Tebow media circus for the Tebow goal-line package which will just ruin Sanchez's stats, and we were the #1 red zone offense in the NFL last year anyway....

absolutely ******ed

Tebow's contract was by far the main reason I was against the Pats trading for him. Sure, perhaps it could be restructured, but considering what he is due (over $6 million in 2013 and $7 million in 2014) that is not something that is going to be easily done. Then if he doesn't care for the situation that he is in he could stand fast and not agree to a restructure and force the issue. At that point the new team (Pats in the earlier discussion; Jets now) would be forced to either pay that amount next year (along with the cap hit) - or cut him.

It's not unlike Manning's recent situation with the Colts (where he was better off not restructuring), as the QB can then become a free agent in that scenario and sign for whatever team is the best fit - but in this case the Jets could conceivably have traded a 4th and 6th round pick away for one year of Tebow's services as backup to Sanchez.

God no. Poor guy, the New York media's going to thrash him.

Elway must seriously hate Tebow. Whisked him out the building less than 24 hours after landing Manning.

ANd all that talk of placing Tebow in the best position he could was clearly hot air.

The Jets couldn't be a less favorable position for Tebow: competeing with a starter or used only a few snaps a game as a gimmick; put in the conference with the dominate Pats and in the shadow of in-town big brother Giants; and in a market that will be less tolerant of his religious beliefs and on-field displays.

The New York media and fans will eat this cornfed, Southern Christian boy alive.

Tebow's contract was by far the main reason I was against the Pats trading for him. ... - but in this case the Jets could conceivably have traded a 4th and 6th round pick away for one year of Tebow's services as backup to Sanchez.

Which makes it all the more delicious. :D

I have insider information on why Rex was compelled to make this trade. I am shocked no one has yet reported it but,,, the truth will come out.

Rex has converted and is born again, see Rex was reading the New Testament and got to the part where Jesus was washing apostles feet, at that moment Rex saw a place for Tebow in the plans for the Green Beans, Rexy will be washing Tebows feet with holy water before each game, this he feels will curry gavor with God and fulfill his fantasies at the same time the deal was contingent wil a medical report on Tebow's toes...

I wish Tim Tebow the absolute best. As a New Yorker I am personally very excited about it. It almost makes me wants to root for the Jets... just a little bit. If this is the thing that ends the Sanchize, I will cry tears of joy!

Van Pelt on ESPN hit it right on. The Jets are just desperate for attention right now. They're just trying to create buzz so that they get some attention over the Giants.

Sanchez incomplete pass.

TV shows Tebow on the sidelines, arms crossed, holding helmet.

Sanchez sack.

TV shows Tebow on the sidelines, arms crossed, holding helmet.

Tebow comes in on third and long, gains two yards on a QB draw.

TV shows Sanchez on the sidelines, arms crossed, holding helmet.

All season long.

This really makes me wonder if the Jets are interested in winning games or just drawing attention to themselves. In less than 2 weeks they sniff at Manning, double down on the Sanchize, then trade for another QB whose presence they surely know will lead to controversy. Add in the loss of a draft pick and the bulging salaries for Tebow, one has to ask what the heck they're doing down there in Jersey.

If you have more than one starting QB on your roster you probably don't have one. They now have Sanchez on a 2 year fully guaranteed deal and Tebow on a three year deal that with escalators is already at $6M+ in 2013 and $7M+ in 2014 and no reason for Tebow to restructure because the alternative is in a year he's a FA...and Mark Sanchez is the next Alex Smith with no choice but to remain as Woody tries to sell him as being the answer once they get a new GM and HC and OC onboard.

Probably the best QB on the roster is McElroy and he's never getting a shot after what he said after last season. Heck, they brought in Drew Stanton rather than even let him be a backup...

I do feel for Tebow though. I heard someone opine yesterday that given the short shelf life of what he can functionally do at the position his handlers probably felt NY would be a better shot at prolonging his viability than Jacksonville... So much for Elway doing what was best for his career, unless he was talking about his career being limited to celebrity.

The Jets are freakin crazy.....trading two great picks for a backup who ..might play what ....5 to 15 plays..... and you are creating a huge controversy...with him and Sanchez.....what a confidence booster this move is ....unless the Jets want to make money on selling Tebow jerseys.....:rocker:

Fixing this locker room will be the greatest challenge Tim Tebow has ever faced.

I'll pray for you, Tim. You're going to need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back