PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow is a green bean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One tweet I saw prematurely said that Tebow was going to Jacksonville for a 4th and 7th, so I guess it was 4+6-7 from the Jets or 4+7 from the Jags. Not a big difference.

Especially considering the Jags might pick higher than the jets

2co5yd0.jpg

:rofl:

LOL! Ya'll play too much.

Let me sum up:
- the Jets get Tebow
- Tebow's role is uncertain but it will probably be something he doesn't want and which his new teammates are against
- Sanchez's confidence is shot
- the Jets just wasted that contract extension on their now sitting duck QB
- the Jets give up a 4th, a 6th and 2.5MM$
- the Jets FO show themselves to be incompetent boobs by agreeing w/o reading, then reneging, then capitulating

I think we call this "Subtraction by Addition".

I don't believe that I'm posting this, but
=========================
I would not have trade for Tebow. However,
=========================
TEBOW MAY BE BETTER OFF WITH THE JETS THAN THE JAGS

The football folks in Jaxsonville did NOT want Tebow. He was just to be the owner's sideshow to bring in fans for awhile. The team had no idea how this would help the team play better football. IMHO, Mom's home cooking cannot makeup for having no chance at having a football role or a football future.

Even with the media circus in NY, there are much more football chances playing for the jets.

The team likes to run some plays out of the wildcat and to have someone other than the QB receive the ball in various sets. It is part of the jets game plan, as it was part of Miami's when they ran the wildcat. Tebow is a much better player to run the wildcat (or the direct snap) than a running back. Tebow can actually pass the ball.

Having Tebow and Tebow packages as an option on short yardage and in the redzone is a plus for the jets. Opponents have to prepare for both Sanchez and Tebow in these situations.

Much of the coaching staff prefers a run-first approach with a strong defense, with a minimal reliance on the passing game, much like Denver.

And TO STATE THE OBVIOUS, the management in NY does NOT have faith in Sanchez. They extended his contract to save some 2012 cap room, not as a long-term commitment to Sanchez.

WFAN commentators are already discussing why Sanchez should be traded now, so that can get more for him than if they wait until he has a terrible season.

Last edited:
I was really hoping for a Tebow goes to hell thread title, but that cartoon is sweet.

Yeah, but he wouldn't SAY "I'm going to do what's best for (Richard Seymour, for example)" and then turn around and dump him in the worst football situation ever.

That is correct he never would have given the player any say in the matter. The fact Elway told him one thing then reneged on his promise is terrible. I never like the Broncos, they are bottom feeding scum enough bad things can't happen to Elway, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised since elway is literally a used car dealer.

I think it's fantastic that Tebow chose New York. It's a great city.

That boy has GUTS.

why would he choose the jets over jags?

jags have a looser qb situation

jets just extended sanchez

this makes the jets look very ******ed

I used to really hope tebow would be a decent qb because hes a legit nice guy...............now I just feel bad for him.

Maybe he rubs off on the players and they shut the eff up this season

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe tim thinks he's on another missionary trip and he wants to go purge NY city of it's sin lol

Sill having a cry? Get over it and move on. Not everyone is right all the time Deus. It's OK to be bested. Nobody will think less of you.

You think the trade value is good, I don't. End of discussion.

1.) I'm amused that you think you've bested me about something in this thread, since you've clearly done nothing of the kind.

2.) Your position comes from a position of idiotic bias rather than rational evaluation.

3.) Have a nice night. Study up on the dictionary.

Last edited:
Correction: Jags were only offering a 4th. Jets gave a 4th and swapped a 7th for a 6th.

1.) I'm amused that you think you've bested me about something in this thread, since you've clearly done nothing of the kind.

2.) Your position comes from a position of idiotic bias rather than rational evaluation.

3.) Have a nice night. Study up on the dictionary.

021109-slap-fight.jpg

Can't we all just get along and be happy that the Jets are laughing stocks again?

Last edited:
Trade value

Jaguars 4th: 102 points

Jets 4th: 76
Jets 6th: 20.2
Subtotal: 96.2
minus
Broncos 7th: 4.6
Total: 91.6

Per the trade value chart Denver would have been better off taking Jacksonville's offer.

Can't we all just get along and be happy that the Jets are laughing stocks again?

What do you mean "again"? When did it ever stop? :confused:

I took the time to go on ganggreen to read the reactions, pretty funny hahaha

Per the trade value chart Denver would have been better off taking Jacksonville's offer.

Per the sanity/insanity value chart, the Jets would have been better off if Denver took Jax's offer, too..

This is hilarity that has never been seen, at least in my lifetime

Last edited:
I was just thinking of something. Tebow is a lefty QB. That means when he is in the game, Wayne Hunter is protecting his blindside. That must make Jets fans even happier that the Jets made this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back