PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow, Blount, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when Tim takes over the reigns from Brady... Then, what will you say?... All you people whining about Tim now will be on your knees cheering for him... So watch what you say .. Tim is a member of the New England Patriots... Treat him as such... It was already a slap in the face when they stripped Tim of his # 15... Don't make it worse... God Bless.... Montana/Young>>Brady/TeBow

And when Tim takes over the reigns from Brady... Then, what will you say?... All you people whining about Tim now will be on your knees cheering for him... So watch what you say .. Tim is a member of the New England Patriots... Treat him as such... It was already a slap in the face when they stripped Tim of his # 15... Don't make it worse... God Bless.... Montana/Young>>Brady/TeBow

OK, I'll bite: when do you see this momentous change happening?

Alot of people want to bash tebow. We all should support the team, but they should support Tebow as he's now apart of their team. It's unfortunate that some long time members want to accuse all the posters who are new and support Tebow as a troll. It's just wrong.

There is only one "Tebow supporter" we are accusing of being a troll. And that is because it's true. I've seen his or her act on another board for myself. I know TT himself would be embarrassed if he knew a poster like that was "representing" him.

That's the thing Christiancat.... Guys like us have no problem supporting the Pats... It's the inherently incumbent liberal Pats fans who are the ones that just can't stand Tim deep down... Probably mainly because of his morals and values... God Bless

It is what it is.

You're either a mult or a fellow traveler getting in on that dude's act. a Mult's more likely, IMO. Your account was made the day after that one, and your posts largely consist of attaboys to his posts.

Me and American_Champion are two different posters. Just because I am a supporter of Tebow and am a Christian doesn't make us the same poster. Also the mods can all see every users IP address. Me and the Great_Champion have a different IP address as the mods/admin could see. I am a moderator on another site. So in no way am I a troll or trouble maker.

And Ctpatsfan.... There is no telling when Tim will take over for Tom... It could be like a Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady thing where injury is involved... Who knows?.. The lord works in mysterious ways sometimes... But Tim eventually will be Tom's heir and carry on the Patriot legacy... God Bless

And when you wake up from your pipe dream, and when (not if, when) you read the news that the Patriots showed TT the door, what will you say then?

When that happens you should keep your #5 Tebow jersey. I heard it will be a rare collectors item and you should make a lot of money from selling it.

There is only one "Tebow supporter" we are accusing of being a troll. And that is because it's true. I've seen his or her act on another board for myself. I know TT himself would be embarrassed if he knew a poster like that was "representing" him.

That's fine I just don't like Deus Irae accusing me of being Great_Champion because as you can clearly see we are not. I mean one of my posts posted at 9:55 AM and he posted something at 9:55 AM

I don't know what the deal is with Great_Champion and the issues he has with the other posters. I just don't like being accused of being that poster or any other poster.

Me and Great_Champion are two different posters. Just because I am a supporter of Tebow and am a Christian doesn't make us the same poster. Also the mods can all see every users IP address. Me and the Great_Champion have a different IP address as the mods/admin could see. I am a moderator on another site. So in no way am I a troll or trouble maker.

I do have to wonder, now, why this is the second time you've referred to American_Champion as "Great_Champion."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...w-blount-edelman-post3482240.html#post3482240

It was already a slap in the face when they stripped Tim of his # 15...
Most of what you have said has been over the top, but this is especially so.

Nobody "stripped" Tebow of his #15. The number was already assigned to Ryan Mallett, who coincidentally wore the same number at both Michigan and Arkansas. Since they're roughly the same seniority in terms of league experience (2 years versus 3 years), Mallett is under no obligation to give up the number he came into the league with. He and Tebow can come to an agreement to swap numbers, but it's not as if Tebow has a preordained right to that jersey number.

that's fine I just don't like Desrue accusing me of being Great_Champion because as you can clearly see we are not. I mean one of my posts posted at 9:55 AM just like his.

I don't know what the deal is with Great_Champion and the issues he has with the other posters. I just don't like being accused of being that poster or any other poster.

I have no problem with genuine Tebow supporters. They may be a little naive perhaps but I have no problem with them. If they become Patriots fans as well as fans of the one player, all the better. I do have a problem with this troll. Like I said, I've seen this same trolling act on other boards. And it has the gall, and the audacity to think it can get away with this gimmick on this board as well. I'm afraid it's in for a rude awakening. It's inevitable, it's fate, it's destiny...he or she might as well accept it now.

I have no problem with genuine Tebow supporters. They may be a little naive perhaps but I have no problem with them. If they become Patriots fans as well as fans of the one player, all the better. I do have a problem with this troll. Like I said, I've seen this same trolling act on other boards. And it has the gall, and the audacity to think it can get away with this gimmick on this board as well. I'm afraid it's in for a rude awakening. It's inevitable, it's fate, it's destiny...he or she might as well accept it now.

Well thanks for not accusing me of being another poster and thanks for understanding that not all tebow supporters are trolls. I sent you a friends request.

Stripping Tim of his # 15 would be like stripping Brett Favre of his #4 jersey.. It's just not right... That's how Tim is identified... It's like stripping him of his identity, and then putting a star on his back to differentiate him from his new teammates... It's just not right... And Ryan Mallett has done nothing to deserve that # other than sit on the bench and abuse coke and weed..Truth hurts... God Bless

Stripping Tim of his # 15 would be like stripping Brett Favre of his #4 jersey.. It's just not right... That's how Tim is identified... It's like stripping him of his identity, and then putting a star on his back to differentiate him from his new teammates... It's just not right... And Ryan Mallett has done nothing to deserve that # other than sit on the bench and abuse coke and weed..Truth hurts... God Bless

I support Tim, but truth be told they didn't strip Tim of is jersey #. Ryan Mallett already was on their team prior to Tim and had that number. Thus, they give Tim #5.

Reported for stupidity and I don't need to explain why.

The clock has started on you pal. Better drop this gimmick now or you won't be posting here for long.

The Broncos were 50% (3 for 6) on the 2 pt convert in 2011. 50% isn't exactly what I'd call high frequency.
Agree SB1, on the surface, that's what the 2011 stats show; but, diving a little deeper:
  • In 2011 games Tebow started, the Broncos were officially 3 for 5.
  • One of those 2 point conversions involved the holder trying to run after a botched snap.
  • In the other 4 attempts, Denver went 3 for 3 on runs, and 0 for 1 on passes.
In the end, the actual 2 PT Conversion rate for the Broncos with Tebow under center was 75%. With as many touchdowns as the Brady-led Pats tally each year (averaging 57 TD's / yr in 2007/9/10/11/12). With a 2 PT Conv % of 65% or 75%, the Pats could score an extra 1 to 2 points per game (see the table I put together below). It would be an option to consider.
2PTConvPats2013.jpg~original

What difference could 1-2 extra points per game make? Maybe none; but, one of the 2012 LOSSES might have been a WIN if the Pats had 1 extra point with a commitment to a 2-PT over XP philosophy:

See below and the BoxScore from the Week 3 1-point loss to the Ravens:
New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens - September 23rd, 2012 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
The Pats only scored 1 touchdown against the Ravens in Week 3. See score and scoring summary below. If the Pats had converted a 2PT Conversion on that touchdown, the Ravens would have been kicking a FG to Tie instead of win the game and force overtime.

PatsRavens2012.jpg~original

Hey, hindsight is 20/20 for sure. Any game day philosophical change to a 2-PT over XP approach would have to be weighed against other considerations (disruption to normal XP game flow, etc.). I personally would love to see a team make a wholesale switch to 2-PT Conversions; but, I'm not a fan of the 'kicking game' in general.

My 2 cents.

The only problem is that Brady is signed for 5 years and Tebow is only signed for 2 years. One would think teams will be lining up for the next Steve Young check books in hand.

But you can check back in 2017 and see if it happens. Till then take care!

Agree SB1, on the surface, that's what the 2011 stats show; but, diving a little deeper:
  • In 2011 games Tebow started, the Broncos were officially 3 for 5.
  • One of those 2 point conversions involved the holder trying to run after a botched snap.
  • In the other 4 attempts, Denver went 3 for 3 on runs, and 0 for 1 on passes.
In the end, the actual 2 PT Conversion rate for the Broncos with Tebow under center was 75%. With as many touchdowns as the Brady-led Pats tally each year (averaging 57 TD's / yr in 2007/9/10/11/12). With a 2 PT Conv % of 65% or 75%, the Pats could score an extra 1 to 2 points per game (see the table I put together below). It would be an option to consider.
(clipped)
What difference could 1-2 extra points per game make? Maybe none; but, one of the 2012 LOSSES might have been a WIN if the Pats had 1 extra point with a commitment to a 2-PT over XP philosophy:

See below and the BoxScore from the Week 3 1-point loss to the Ravens:
(clipped)
The Pats only scored 1 touchdown against the Ravens in Week 3. See score and scoring summary below. If the Pats had converted a 2PT Conversion on that touchdown, the Ravens would have been kicking a FG to Tie instead of win the game and force overtime.

(clipped)

Hey, hindsight is 20/20 for sure. Any game day philosophical change to a 2-PT over XP approach would have to be weighed against other considerations (disruption to normal XP game flow, etc.). I personally would love to see a team make a wholesale switch to 2-PT Conversions; but, I'm not a fan of the 'kicking game' in general.

My 2 cents.

Nice analysis.

I just don't see this team making a switch like that, I don't think they have the personnel... but I do think someone will try it eventually. It's kind of like a no punt offense. Mathematically it's probably advantageous but realistically? Hard to say.

On a side note it's hard to dig really deep into numbers in football because there's so many different variables in a team sport like this. That's why nobody has come up with a SABR system like you see in baseball. Football is such a team sport and there's so many different types of matchups which happen all at once, compared to baseball which is a chain of 1 on 1 match ups....

I'd be fine with spending this season and next deciding on the long-term backup to Brady. It would good for the team to give Tebow or Mallett a long-term contract before the 2014 season starts.

Yes, Tebow and Mallett are signed for only two years. One can hope that one will be traded and one will be extended.

Of course, neither really wants to be a backup for the next four years.

The only problem is that Brady is signed for 5 years and Tebow is only signed for 2 years. One would think teams will be lining up for the next Steve Young check books in hand.

But you can check back in 2017 and see if it happens. Till then take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes