PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow and interviews

Well, it worked out pretty well for the Broncos when the fans called out for Tebow. But just so you know, it wasn't a bunch of Tebow fans who were chanting his name and demanding that he started. It was 90% Broncos fans and the media. There simply aren't enough Tebow fans who care enough to make a big stink about it. Unless you believe that the stadium somehow managed to be full of Gator fans transplanted from Florida to Denver. ;)

True enough. Everyone pretty much had their minds made up about Orton long before the season, and NOBODY really cared for him. But they had a first round pick that had a lot of flair people wanted to see. That was pretty much why he got the job. Made sense too cuz Tebow was the only one under contract beyond that first year and the new regime still needed to get a good look at him even if they didn't seem all that impressed with him in camp and preseason. Even I wanted something else even if it was Tebow. I may disagree with the appraisal of some of how the season played out after that, but putting him in when the season was as good as gone was absolutely the right move. Nobody gave a crap about Quinn either.

A lot of that was Orton fatigue, and most were already pretty sick of him by the time Tebow was even drafted, let alone getting another year. Pretty much everyone and their uncle expected him to be traded, and he almost was until he (at least in part) torpedoed it.

Think the Jets were there last year about a year behind Denver fans with their QB, and could account for why some were calling for Tebow to start as early as week 2 or 3. Seen a couple posters on another site that thought they should have gone into the season 0-0 with Tebow rather than Sanchez since they KNEW the Jets weren't going anywhere with him. They're getting about as sick of Sanchez as Broncos fans were of Orton the year before.

You're the only one laughing. Other people answered the question. It's not "obvious" that there is a star rule where media appointed stars only have to talk to the media once a week. I follow the games; I don't pay attention to every little thing that doesn't have to do with the games on Sunday.

LOL!!! A "star" third stringer.... :rofl:

"LOL!!! A "star" third stringer...."

Fnordcircle said: "Now that the Patriots have named him a 'star player' for media purposes he only has to be allowed to speak to media one time a week."

So you know what I meant, or maybe you were too stupid to understand?

Fnordcircle said: "Now that the Patriots have named him a 'star player' for media purposes he only has to be allowed to speak to media one time a week."

Ummmm, no. Totally lost now.

Apparently you missed the irony I was laughing at. I understand the purposes of putting the "star" label on him and what you meant by it, but I still found using "star" and "third stringer" together as hilarious. Never seen a third stringer with the "star" label before, or one who warranted it in any sport and we likely won't again.

Almost as funny as "star bench warmer."

welp...I must admit...I HAVE reached stage five in the process of Tebow....I certainly was in denial and disbelief that BB and the Pats would ever sign him...I did rage and rant in furious anger about it when they did...I accepted the bargain that BB knows what he's doing by thinking "if only we had won the playoff versus the Ravens"...and I have sunk into a deep dark Tepression for weeks now....BUT...at last, the sun is shining again...camp is mere days away...and I have come to the state of acceptance.....for after all, what is football but an allegory for the game of life itself?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back