PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Teams to root for on the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
play-equipment-design-fail.jpg

What a p*ssy. Honest to God.

If today's loss was too much for you to handle, stop watching sports and take up knitting instead.

Every once in a while your favorite team is going to lose. And they're going to lose in horrible fashion. It happens.

The Patriots have had a season with a losing record exactly once in the last 15 years. But God forbid they suffer their 2nd defeat in 8 games or all the wimps amongst us just might pass out from grief.

Get over it or get lost.

By the way which one was you in this TV commercial?

Last edited:
What a p*ssy. Honest to God.

If today's loss was too much for you to handle, stop watching sports and take up knitting instead.

Every once in a while your favorite team is going to lose. And they're going to lose in horrible fashion. It happens.

The Patriots have had a season with a losing record exactly once in the 15 years. But God forbid they suffer their 2nd defeat in 8 games or all the wimps amongst us just might pass out from grief.

Get over it or get lost.

By the way which one was you in this TV commercial?

Exquisite!! :rocker:

Another San Angelo State gem.I am trying to put you on my ignore list a second time, just to be sure.

You are truly a terrible poster. Ian is a better person than I am, cause I would have booted your ass from this board months ago. You are the ultimate doomsayer on this board, and you only crawl out of the hole you live in when something bad happens to this team. I sincerely hope whatever ISP you are using traces this post back and bans you from the Internet for being so awful.

Call me a homer, whatever. At least my life doesn't suck so bad I feel "cheated on" when my football team loses a game. You are pathetic.

I'm not a doomsayer at all. i rarely post on game days and haven't had anything negative to say for months.

you're just talking out of your ass, er mouth, can't tell which.

I'm not a doomsayer at all. i rarely post on game days and haven't had anything negative to say for months.

you're just talking out of your ass, er mouth, can't tell which.

Guess that's why this thread is in the Practice Squad, huh?

i'll still be a pats fan, but it's hard to emotionally commit to a team which will disappoint you like that. Feel like i've been cheated on. I'm going to have to put them on the back burner for a while, lest I get heartbroken. I can't stand being heartbroken.

So who else to root for? I don't like the steelers, colts, chargers, jets (hate the fans, team is ok)...maybe the raiders, they are plucky. Or the eagles. hate the giants too.
You can't "emotionally commit to a team which will disappoint like that"?

"So who else to root for? ... maybe the raiders"

Let me get this straight:

You can't handle losses, so you are going to stop rooting for the Pats, and instead root for the Raiders?

I was going to say that this may be the most insanely idiotic logic I have ever seen in my life, but on second thought I think I actually understand it. For you - and several others that happen to have much more to say after a loss than before a game, or after a win - your expectations that anything less than a repeat of 2007 (with the only change being 19-0 rather than 18-1) is unacceptable. In other words disappointment is inevitable while anything short of perfection is failure; and for you that inevitable disappointment is too difficult to handle on an emotional level.

If on the other hand you root for a team with zero expectations, you will never be let down. A single victory brings joy and happiness as opposed to hand wringing over why the game was so close after an expected victory based on betting odds, power rankings and superficial media predictions.

For you or other fans like you I agree; you really should stop rooting for the Pats. It would make much more sense, and you would be much happier rooting for a team like the Bills, Panthers, 49ers or even the Raiders, as you mentioned. If your team wins you can celebrate, and if your team loses you can shrug your shoulders and say to yourself that it's okay because they're not that good and weren't expected to win. The return on investment of your emotional commitment is 100%; a win is a plus and there's no negative with a loss. As a fan you should find that far more enjoyable as you will never be disappointed and will never lose out on your 'emotional commitment'.

Farewell, and enjoy the new team of your choosing.

Last edited:
i'll still be a pats fan, but it's hard to emotionally commit to a team which will disappoint you like that. Feel like i've been cheated on. I'm going to have to put them on the back burner for a while, lest I get heartbroken. I can't stand being heartbroken.

So who else to root for? I don't like the steelers, colts, chargers, jets (hate the fans, team is ok)...maybe the raiders, they are plucky. Or the eagles. hate the giants too.
Does the color Yellow make you sad too? You sound like some weepy 12 year old that just lost her True love of two weeks that she OMG kissed....OH the Drama of it all.

Last edited:
You can't "emotionally commit to a team which will disappoint like that"?

"So who else to root for? ... maybe the raiders"

Let me get this straight:

You can't handle losses, so you are going to stop rooting for the Pats, and instead root for the Raiders?

I was going to say that this may be the most insanely idiotic logic I have ever seen in my life, but on second thought I think I actually understand it. For you - and several others that happen to have much more to say after a loss than before a game, or after a win - your expectations that anything less than a repeat of 2007 (with the only change being 19-0 rather than 18-1) is unacceptable. In other words disappointment is inevitable while anything short of perfection is failure; and for you that inevitable disappointment is too difficult to handle on an emotional level.

If on the other hand you root for a team with zero expectations, you will never be let down. A single victory brings joy and happiness as opposed to hand wringing over why the game was so close after an expected victory based on betting odds, power rankings and superficial media predictions.

For you or other fans like you I agree; you really should stop rooting for the Pats. It would make much more sense, and you would be much happier rooting for a team like the Bills, Panthers, 49ers or even the Raiders, as you mentioned. If your team wins you can celebrate, and if your team loses you can shrug your shoulders and say to yourself that it's okay because they're not that good and weren't expected to win. The return on investment of your emotional commitment is 100%; a win is a plus and there's no negative with a loss. As a fan you should find that far more enjoyable as you will never be disappointed and will never lose out on your 'emotional commitment'.

Farewell, and enjoy the new team of your choosing.
WOW that was Beautifully put.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back