PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans are sheep and media are sheepherders.
And here I'm thinking the media are weasels, wolves, and jackals. It's all those screeches and howls that steer the herd.

I'm not so sure it's not that 80% of it comes from the Big Three collectively. Pierce is the captain and ten year veteran who almost left prior to this season. He had to buy in to potentially not being IT. For a guy who long felt he was not getting his due for reasons beyond his control, that had to be quite the leap of faith. (And one btw that Bledsoe for example couldn't or wouldn't make here.) And while Allen facilitated getting Garnett, once that happened he clearly became the 3rd of 3. He has dealt with that with an almost "Dungyesque" quite strength... These three have truly emerged (in unison) as team players which is what has allowed this bench to grow and when needed flourish. That is a very Patriotesque trait. And while Doc may not be the BB x's and o's genius, he is a wonderful facilitator and patient teacher - and that, which garnered him lots of flack from that segment of the fan base and media who don't appreciate that aspect of coaching, is the other 20% that allowed this all to work (which he shares with Danny who had the intestinal fortitude to quietly remain focused on the overall goal when everyone said he'd already failed and he was paying the wrong guy to coach a team to a championship...). The most consistently successful coaches will tell you the same thing, it's a marathon not a sprint, and they build and handle and pace their teams accordingly - eschewing the high highs and low lows in favor of maintaining focus on the end goal.

OK, but KG is 80% of the 80% ;).

I think we need to leave a certain % for the high-character complementary players the C's have. I wonder how they would have done if Ricky Davis had a prominent role on the team this year.

I just discovered quite and interesting little fact.

Apparently, ALL of the starting Celtics were Chemistry Majors in college.

This may explain a lot.

I just discovered quite and interesting little fact.

Apparently, ALL of the starting Celtics were Chemistry Majors in college.

This may explain a lot.

Fly in your ointment--KG didn't go to college. He came right out of HS.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey