Matt Light
Tom Brady
Randy Moss
Rodney Harrison
Mike Vrabel
Vince Wilfork
Teddy Bruschi
Larry Izzo

Off the top of my head, those are the names that I remember.
Good Group. :)

Last edited:
Moss, interesting. He`s obviously earned some respect in the locker room. Kind of dissapointed though because I was hoping to see AD on the list.

Moss deserves it, especially if you listen to all the receivers or offensive players from last year on how he helped them with route running and coverages.

Matt Light
Tom Brady
Randy Moss
Rodney Harrison
Mike Vrabel
Vince Wilfork
Teddy Bruschi
Larry Izzo

Off the top of my head, those are the names that I remember.
Good Group. :)

Seymour? Faulk?
Those are other guys I can think of that have been captains.

Seymour? Faulk?
Those are other guys I can think of that have been captains.
Ty Warren was last year; interesting the DL has gone from Seymour to Warren to Wilfork.

Ty Warren was last year; interesting the DL has gone from Seymour to Warren to Wilfork.

cant have them all be one and they deserve it equally.

Wow Randy sure drank some really strong Kool Aid :D

iam sure ESPN and other media outlets will have their own segement about randy moss being captain

What about Welker? He probably deserved to be on that list as well.

here is the first crap from the media
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/05/pats-roll-out-eight-captains/

The New England Patriots have announced that a whopping eight members of the team will be captains this season.

Three on offense, four on defense, one on specials teams.

On offense, the captains are quarterback Tom Brady, receiver Randy Moss, and tackle Matt Light. On defense, the four “C”-wearing players are linebacker Tedy Bruschi, linebacker Mike Vrabel, safety Rodney Harrison, and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork.

Larry Izzo is the special-teams captain.

It perhaps would have been easier for the Patriots to simply name the players who won’t be captains

maybe they should ask florio to list the 45 players who are not captains...

Moss, interesting. He`s obviously earned some respect in the locker room. Kind of dissapointed though because I was hoping to see AD on the list.

lol....how the cancers have healed

I love Moss and Wilfork as captains. I really hope Vince doesn't do with it what Daniel Graham did.

And it's pretty dumb of PFT to suggest that a lot of leadership on a team is a bad thing.

Quote:
...the four “C”-wearing players are linebacker Tedy Bruschi, linebacker Mike Vrabel...

This reminds me of something I thought was interesting last year. It seems the Pats were the only team not to wear the "C" on their uniforms. I didn't hear too much about the NFL's reaction or whether it was actually a mandate. Anyone know?

This reminds me of something I thought was interesting last year. It seems the Pats were the only team not to wear the "C" on their uniforms. I didn't hear too much about the NFL's reaction or whether it was actually a mandate. Anyone know?

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1637

1. Captains must be elected for a year-long term to qualify for the “C"
  2. Teams can only have six players wear the “C”
  3. Teams can also do whatever floats their boat

So out of the starters, is the list of players that COULD/SHOULD be captains larger than the list that COULDNT/SHOULDNT??

cant have them all be one and they deserve it equally.

Wow Randy sure drank some really strong Kool Aid :D

Randy Moss have been team Captain, in MN and Oakland, Moss Teammates especially younger players have always made it clear, how helpful Moss is to them.

Geez, have we got enough captains? We're gonna run out of regular players at this rate!! JK, good group of people picked this season.

What did Graham do ? Did he use it as a negotiating value at contract time ?

Nothing so severe - merely left that year for big money in Denver. It is a roundabout way of saying I hope we re-sign Big Vince. :)

Captains 2008 season!

Patriots elect eight team captains for 2008 season New England Patriots

The New England Patriots announced their 2008 captains today. Quarterback Tom Brady, offensive tackle Matt Light and wide receiver Randy Moss will serve as offensive captains. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi, safety Rodney Harrison, linebacker Mike Vrabel and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork will serve as defensive captains. Linebacker Larry Izzo will serve as special teams captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down