Welcome to PatsFans.com

Teachers stage fake gunman attack on sixth graders

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 14, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -6

http://www.cnn.com/2007/EDUCATION/05/13/faked.attack.ap/index.html

MURFREESBORO, Tennessee (AP) -- Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.
  2. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Normally I think "parents outrage" is BS and is usually just posturing by people for an excuse for thier poor parenting skills. "blame the teachers" is such a popular way to think with the tough almost impossible job they do and the constant threat of lawsuits because of "parents outrage".

That said what the hell were they thinking here. Absolutley no excuse. This isn't even a lapse of judgement. This is sadistic. Scaring little kids? Man this just defys explination.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Reminds me of when in the 50's we used to hide under desk's in fear of the great "red" threat and kiss our asses good bye. It seems that imparting some kind of trauma for every generation is part of our educational repertoire.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

When I was younger if they had done that in my childrens school I would have wound up in jail, I would have demonstrated to the school on how a Looney Principal should properly have his teeth punched out through the back of his head.

This guy should be fired today and never be allowed to enter a school room again, imagine how many more Nuts there are like him in America's schools.

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Totally agree with Blue, GJA, and Harry. Nothing to add.