Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tea Party Web Site Instructions to Beck Rally Attendees

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

DC's population includes refugees from every country, as the families of embassy staffs of third world countries tend to stay in DC whenever a revolution in their homeland means that anyone in their family would be in danger if they went back. Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions. It's rare to meet anyone who gets really offended, but you can still be aware of the issue.

It then goes on to explain:

"Many parts of DC are safe beyond the areas I will list here, but why chance it if you don't know where you are?"

And lists only white areas to stay in.

It tells you which Metro Lines are "safe" (Red) and which are not (Green + Yellow.)

So you are coming to the 8/28 Glenn Beck March on Washington? - Maine Refounders / Tea Party
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Old White people, you are welcome to come to DC, to protest a black racist president at the place where MLK gave his "I Have a Dream" Speech. And on its anniversary...

But stay away from the black people!

Beck is expecting 300k! (people not $$$..he is gunna make a LOT More $$ tha n that)
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

There's some twisted sense of irony in holding a rally to "reclaim the civil rights movement" and then warning people not only to stay out of (how do I say this politely?) any area which is predominantly Black, Hispanic, Asian or Arabic but actually giving them detailed instructions on how to do so.

It's also a bit strange to offer advice about how to talk to immigrant cabdrivers, waiters and waitresses - as if our cab drivers and wait personnel don't deal with hundreds of first time DC visitors daily and haven't learned how to deal with "real Americans" already.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Its SOOOOO par for the course for these people. Beck called our first Black president racist against white people....Holds this rally on the anniversary and location of MLK's speech, the tea party warns people to stay away from black areas...

Oh.....and the rally is to RESTORE our civil rights. HOLY $#!TBALLZ!!!!!!

If you attend this rally.....(the collective YOU, not you Mrs PF) I hate you.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

Does this guy speak for the tea party or Beck?

I did find the part about not exploring a little sad. Clearly it's important to know your surroundings -- anywhere -- but the guy sounds like the kind of American who eats at McDonalds and shops at The Gap when they travel abroad (if they travel abroad).
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's like going on a cruise!
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Like you say Mrs. PF one person's opinion does not necessarily reflect upon everyone in that organization. This guy is clearly an idiot ... but he is gay so it's doubtful he really is a true tea party person ... he could be a rogue invader.

Here's his blog ... he has 1 entry .. this one.
    Andrew Ian Dodge's Blog - Maine Refounders / Tea Party

I'm thinking maybe you've been had Mrs. PF :itsok:... we'll see as this plays out.

I'm guessing he's a plant ... :rofl:
    ... oh the left wouldn't do that :nono: ... would they. :confused2:
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Could be....but it's a pretty extensive site going back to September, 2009. If it's a plant someone went to a whole lot of trouble to backdate discussions, events planning, individual memberships, group memberships and all.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

His blog ... has 1 entry ... his blog which is a part of the site.

Just like Obama and others did and/or do now. A major site under which people get their own blogs.

But we'll see ... if he's a plant they will sniff him out ... all of this stuff is rabid ... very rabid.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

There was a group of dems caught in MI running candidates as Tea Party candidates trying to split the conservative vote and elect dems we will see more of this after all the dems can't talk about the economy and jobs.
  11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No, the democrats in MI tried to get the tea partiers to register as a real party instead on being a front to deflect from the GOP's inherent racism and ignorance. The tea partiers refused because they didn't want to split the Republican vote. This comes straight out of their mouths. So what are they? Tea partiers or stupid Republicans? Right, they're both. Ladies and gentlmen, the GOP's ideological core is the rabid and un-thinking tea party.

Unfortunately Republican voters have a short attention span so they're buying into the feint. And the Americans for Prosperity smiles.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Think the dems want to talk about the economy?

The dem registering the Tea Party hid his role until exposed.
  13. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was in DC 12 years or so ago installing PCs at a charter school in a neighborhood where they there were at least three burnt out restaurants in eye-sight and a convenience store with the full bulletproof glass setup. I wouldn't want to bring my tea partying ass back there again either.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I think it's a GOOD & SMART idea to tell people about areas to stay out of. If an area has extremely high crime (i.e. dangerous), then you tell people to avoid that area no matter what race the people are.

It would be foolish NOT to warn visitors about such areas. If I had a friend coming to visit Boston, I'd warn him/her to stay the hell out of Roxbury, which is 95% black. But not because of their RACE, but due to the crimes that are committed there.

Can anyone give a rational argument as to why that would be wrong? Hell, even African Americans would warn certain people to stay out high crime area even if they are mostly black.

In the 70's & 80's, I would have warned an African American friend to stay the hell out Southie (all white back then) too!

Once again, COMMON SENSE!
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

I'm in DC right now. I road the Metro all day. From Glenmount on the Red line, to Chinatown on the Yellow, on down to the Pentagon on the Blue, or is that the Orange? Regardless, I just had dinner in Chinatown by the Verizon Center, at Clyde's, with my wife's friend and her husband. Let me tell you something about this place, it's $%^&%^ scary man. The place itself is pristine, and the Metro blows away the horrid dump of a subway I road in Chicago last week, but the crowd is a wowza. No one bothers you at all, but it's a certifiable freak show on the streets. Like I told my wife, the freaks come out at night.

Beck sucks. I was planning on going into town tomorrow, but with all those loons heading that way, I'm going to have to find something else to do. I might go check out a Nationals game or something. I bet I can get baseline seats at the window for $12. :D
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

You might go to the Nationals game ... wow ... that's boredom.
    As a side note that kid needs Tommy John surgery ... what a shame.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

I'd like to see the new park there. I hear it's terrific. I would have preferred Camden Yards, but the O's are on the road. I think we're going to go down to Aberdeen and check out the Tank Museum. I went when I was a kid, and I'd love to go back again. We'll see. The wife wants to check out some wax museum. Now THAT is boredom.

I blame the stupid organization. These teams rush these kids to the pros, and then wonder why their arms fall apart. Strasburg's shoulder, or arm were bothering him before, and they still brought him back. That's just dumb. Too much stress on a young arm. I'd have shut him down for the season. The one thing I wonder though, is whether or not the ligament is destined for an eventual tear either way. If not now, maybe next year, or the year after. With the amount of torque these guys put on their arms, any weak ligaments, labrums, or tendons are eventually going to give way. So maybe better now, than later. TJ surgery is something almost everyone comes back from now a days.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've read that Strausburg's injury was acute, not chronic. As in it happened on one pitch, not over a series of pitches. It may have been overcompensation for the shoulder injury, and if so then it's the team's fault. But they've been conservative with him, as has his college team. He doesn't get abused by being forced to pitch well over 100 innings like Prior was.

Still sucks for him.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

On a side note, really enjoy DC.. there is a ton to do with short money.

A really hidden secret is the Library of Congress, a truly architecturally beautiful building..

When we go, we always pride ourselves on using public transportation exclusively..
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

No Comment