Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tea Party of the People $500.00 admission for convention $$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

Interesting comments from Red State... is the Tea Party being hijacked by the folks on K Street... more of them becoming just like everyone else...

I’m Afraid Sarah Palin Might Be Ruining Herself Unintentionally - Erick’s blog - RedState

Here is the link if you want to dole out $549.00 includes banquet..if you want to go to the banquet alone, it will only cost $349.00:D

National Tea Party Convention - Eventbrite

The Houston dude that showed up with the N word on a sign has incurred the wrath of the Tea Party.. keep repeating the Tea Party does not attract half baked frindgies... it was later photoshopped...

Wonkette : It’s 2010’s Hottest Tea Party Leader, Dale Robertson!

Of course the Houston Tea Party folks disavowed themselves from him...

http://houstontps.org/?p=1050

And of course all you Tea Partiers know this that millions went back into the Right Wing Trough on K St...sounds like deja vu all over again...

Yet More Tea Party Spending Went To GOP Consultants | TPMMuckraker

Corporate controlled, oh the horrors... not that there is anything wrong with that..
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 6 / -9

Wow, amazing how quickly a grass roots movement of dozens has become so like a national party :D

As always... good luck to the Tea Partiers. I like the Dems' odds that they draw Republican and Republican-leaning votes in '12, and I don't like the odds that the tea-baggers will somehow become relevant. Even if they do, it's a matter of time before the real Republicans start endorsing the local Dems :singing::singing::singing:
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +548 / 2 / -9

I'd rather pay $500 to the Tea Partys dinner than pay $500 to the Democrat or Republicans dinner.

We Need Something New, Anything But Those Democrats Or Republicans.

People have been yelling for a third party maybe there is one rising, they certainly aren't going away there are too many of them.

Imagine paying any kind of money to listen to Billy Blue Dress babble his crap.

Deport Aunt Zucchini (we pay for her food stamps)
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

The tea party is becoming them...
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +438 / 6 / -9

Everybody complains about the Dems and Pubbies, but think for a minute:

- The more ideologically pure your party, the less plastic it is at the edges, the smaller a tent you can build, the more brainwashed each member has to be (or completely mindless and willing to toe a stricter and stricter line.)

- Pure opposition movements define themselves by opposition, so for the time being, they have reached a "zenith" of sorts: If they all hate the same things, they can gather a couple of hundred people at times, sometimes in a "mass movement" moment billed as drawing a million, they can draw in the 10s of thousands.

- They have split into factions already, based on the purity of what they're supposed to hate. Are we allowed to not hate republicans? Are we allowed not to hate fundraisers? Etc.

Forced into a leadership role -- i.e., if they ever actually won anything, any of these "parties" would be roundly attacked by all the others for their ideological impurity. If my local tea partiers hate taxes, eventually the tea party candidate would have to make tax policy in the real world, and so would be impure. If they really just hate immigrants, my local guy might not be able to wave a magic want and make immigration stop, so he would be out. You get the idea.

The smaller the tent, the purer you have to be, the narrower the appeal, and the more fractiousness you produce.

When I look at the tea baggers, the normal fascists in the GOP look better and better.

But than again: as I have said I am rooting for the tea baggers! May they marshal their forces effectively, and garner 10%, 15%, heck, even 20% of the popular vote in every state in this nation in 2010!

PFnV
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What the teabaggers can't seem to realize right now is that we didn't get into this mess fast and we won't get out of it fast either.
  7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Say what you want about the TB's but at least they're actually getting off their collective a$$es and speaking out against something they don't like. I mean God forbid that anyone in this country actually makes a collective attempt to protest anything.

Their problem was they had no collective leadership, they were ripe for FOX News pickens; the likes of Glen Beck swoop in and give them the leadership, money, and press so they can get their movement going and voila. They become Beck-ers, their small and scattered protests become defined by his goofiness and off-the-wall persona.

FOX has branded the protesters and it's a shame because while pimping that group they've also demonized them even furthur.

It doesn't matter how you feel about the so-called baggers, it's really about a protest group (so to speak) getting gobbled up by an agenda-driven conglomerate which in this case happens to be FOX News. The exact same highjack could and probably even has taken place on behalf of MSNBC. Or CBS during the Vietnam War, Walter Kronkite literally decided the course of action once he announced it was a stalemate.

FOX highjacked a grassroots type of dissatisfaction and turned it into a circus, especially by hooking them up with Glen Beck.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +191 / 4 / -6

I pretty much agree with you. I'm all for protest, and regard as one of the most powerful aspects of democracy. Although I disagree with the teabaggers and believe they are a sorry union of legitimate conservatives, racists, Republican operatives, and conspiracy nuts, their protests are an important part of democracy.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Well someone has to pay for the event, conservatives prefer to pay their own way libs look for handouts and subsidies, so libs can't understand those who pay their own way.

BTW Palin is speaking for free.
  10. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I get all that, I'm saying that FOX has turned their protest into a circus labeled "The Tea Baggers". Their SO completely branded that now anyone who expresses a dislike for big govt and more taxes is labeled as such and relegated to the looney bin with Cryin Glen. I don't dislike all Beck's viewpoints but for every good segment he has he has 2 more that are just ridiculous. Remember his hotline to the White House lol :)

I think Sarah genuinely cares, I don't think Rupert Murdock cares as long as he's gaining more and more control and that's usually accomplished by playing both sides.

As a whole we lack good leadership at the ground level, the TB's needed a Community Organizer LOL ;)
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

I thought the Tea bagger thing as a derisive term was pushed by MSDNC?
  12. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Could be, but FOX obviously not only kept it but promoted it... seeee what I'm sayin;)
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

IMO the Tea Party grass roots takes take over the pubbies.
  14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think a third party representative like another Ross Perot type will emerge by 2012 and agree 13, a lot of people will support that. I think a lot are catching onto that left-right,Dem-Rep quagmire and if the right candidate came along at least you'd get a run for your money.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Problem is that a third party hands the election to the dems. I think the tea party people should dominate the pubbie primaries and support small government candidates.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +438 / 6 / -9

That would be a healthy development as well :)

Basically it would amount to a further radicalization of the purges against moderates that already have the elected GOP representatives saying fringie stuff to appease the ultra-right base.

That's what we need, a smaller-tent Republican party!

YEE HAW!

I like the way you think on this one.

PFnV
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

McCain =loser, Reagan= WInner, Conservatives win moderate pubbies lose.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

A simple answer to a complex issue, Reagan would have a difficult time today in this continual barrage of media... every stone would be turned over, every move monitored and criticized.. as someone who watched this unfold, he would not be able to do today what he did then..
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

Very interesting that you have master nirth certifikit truther conspiricist Joe Farah, who is second only to Orly Taitz as the biggest nut supporting this stuff as the keynote speaker on Friday nite..

Sarah is the keynote for Saturday... $100,000 this grass root movement is giving her to speak...

Glenn Beck is the keynote for Sunday...

What a dream line up for the left, all style.. very little substance...

But reporters will be kept from the Sarah talk... this is something like the third time she has spoken and the press is not allowed...

Reporters (Mostly) Barred From Tea Party Convention The Washington Independent

Here is a copy of his rejection email...

Betcha Fox is invited to cover this event... sure they will provide a faux and balanced view...
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010