Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tea Party Exposed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 21, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -11

Never mind his calling Obama's attitude towards British Petroleum unAmerican and arguing for the right to discriminate, he's also seemingly defending mine owners for the deaths of miners by saying, “We had a mining accident that was very tragic. But then we come in and it’s always someone’s fault. Maybe sometimes accidents happen.”

Rand Paul on Deadly Mine Collapse: ‘Sometimes Accidents Happen’ The Washington Independent

I think those of us who believe that the Tea Party includes a large number of cold, callous bigots have been vindicated by Paul's recent comments.

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He wants to go back to the days of racial discrimination in job hiring?

Wow, and here I was getting worried that the teabaggers had finally found themselves a non-flake to put out front.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +155 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't think this guy is going any where politically, in just a couple of days hes made enough bizzare off the wall comments for him to be taken seriously except by the most extreem elements. Go back and see how many defended him in the UNAMERICAN thread. It seems even the most die hard tea bagger knows this guy isn't the ONE.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 8 / -8

No no no, he doesn't want to go back to the days where lunch counters, municipal bus lines, and restrooms were segregated. He doesn't want all-white country clubs, schools, and social groups. He just doesn't think the federal government should have a law against it.

You know, you have to trust states, municipalities, and private companies to do the right thing in regards to race, because they had such a good track record on the subject.

I love bringing up this attitude, because it will cue a rush of our local racists screaming how they're not racists, Randy* Paul's not racist, nobody's racist, and by the way, Woolworth's lunch counter wasn't racist, it was just segregated.

You'll never get 50% + 1 vote in a general election with that attitude in 2010, but it seems the teabagger crowd has been itching to have one last whack at every issue the right lost in the 1950s and 1960s - in this case, the entire civil rights movement.

Can you get 50% + 1 republican primary votes on these attitudes?

Yes We Can, to coin a phrase :)

Randy Paul began using "Rand" Paul some time after reaching adulthood, according to father and fellow crackpot Ron Paul. Any similarity between Paul's chosen first name and the author of that name is purely coincidental.

:rolleyes:

5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +155 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I was thinking about that a after he won the election aand hearing what he had to say about government vs the private sector Ayn Rand ...Rand Paul

6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +155 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Some body must have gotten to him to keep him from imploding further. He just cancelled his Meet the Press Moment. Wheres 13? better yet....wheres FOG?

Rand Paul Cancels On 'Meet The Press,' Only 3rd Guest To Do So In 62 Years

Following a week of unsparingly critical press coverage, Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul is now seeking to limit his national exposure.

A spokesperson for the Tea Party-endorsed candidate informed NBC News late Friday afternoon that an exhausted Paul was canceling his interview on Sunday's "Meet the Press," Betsy Fischer, the executive producer for the program, told the Huffington Post

7. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Umm, not a good start. Insert foot in mouth syndrome is strong in this one.

Tea Party exposed? Naw, just a dumb ass.

8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ha ha, Atlas Stumbled.

9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +66 / 14 / -9

Hey guys.... Is there anything more racist than Black Liberation Theology?

The church where Sen. Barack Obama has worshiped for two decades publicly declares that its ministry is founded on a 1960s book that espouses “the destruction of the white enemy.”

Trinity United Church of Christ’s Web site says its teachings are based on the black liberation theology of James H. Cone and his 1969 book “Black Theology and Black Power.”

Here are some of the words of James Cone in Black Theology and Black Power.

Don't be shy.... If you want to talk about Racism, Start at the top.

10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Seems pretty natural coming out of the 60s considering what went down in the south at the time. But keep trying to make things, black and white (ha ha!), making us all dumber in the meanwhile.

<br/>
    Either way, the (old) new whitey is stupid Republicans.

11. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +66 / 14 / -9

Coming out the the 60's????

Did they put it on their web site in the 60's?????
    I did not know Al Gore invented the internet in the 60's.

Somehow I do not feel as though Obama suffered in the 60's
    Free ride to Harvard... ect....

Don't be shy... Feel free to defend this quote from the uniters church.....

Kill the white guy????

I don't care how you spin it.... Kill the white guy is as racist as it gets.

12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You're not very smart are you? The book was written in the 60s according to your very own post, ergo it makes sense that the quote you cited would be militant, no? Of course, churches evolve, but if I was black in 2010 I wouldn't trust the white establishment as far as I could throw it considering things like poverty rates, incarceration rates, salary rates, and the bevy of blatant racist that comes from the right. (Please, do argue the chicken or the egg - I'm sure you're unaware of what it would mean, making the results all the more hilarious.) So keep pretending. It's OK, your lack of critical thinking makes it easier for me to get the good jobs.

13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

So we agree, then, right? Racism is wrong. Racial hatred and racial discrimination are wrong. Theology based on race is wrong. All things based on race are wrong.

Cool. We're on the same page for a change.

We agree that just as there is no place for 1960ish rhetoric from James Cone in the black churchs of the 21st century there is no place in the 21st century Congress for the 1960ish segregation touted by Rand Paul.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I can't really find it on their web site now, either.

Trinity - BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -11

You could be a little more subtle when trying to deflect, but the problem with your effort is that I don't think anyone here identifies with Cone's black liberation theology while a number of people here identify with the Tea Party movement.

As far as judging someone by their church goes, that is not a liberal practice. I will note, though, it is a conservative practice though, since there's ample evidence that Romney being a Mormon was an obstacle for him in the Republican primary for President. Besides, Obama left his church and no serious person has called him a believer in Cone's philosophy.

As a liberal, there are many aspects of Cone's theology that I'm sure I'd reject. It's interesting how you're trying to take the easier way out, rather than critique the remarks by the Tea Party hero Rand Paul.

17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 8 / -8

Atlas Flubbed

My disclaimer was tongue in cheek btw, hence the eyerolling emoticon at the bottom. Seems to me Randy decided he was Rand to be popular with the 100% of college sophomores who, believing themselve to be the elite 1%, make Ayn Rand's books perenniel best-sellers.

18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +155 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

19. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Of course the Tea Party has been infiltrated - does anyone really, really think the Illuminati elite will just stand back and do nothing? I really hated to see this happen - however, the elite got the New Age movement to infiltrate churches over the last 20 years, so it was probably easier for them to hijack the Tea Party.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you for giving us a great example of a politician coming under fire for having the audacity to speak the truth. I don't even like him (or his dad) but it is refreshing to see someone with the courage to go outside the typical political meaningless rhetoric.

BTW, your attempt to tie his remarks into some sort of bigotry (bigotry? :confused:) are pathetic. Of course, to you, anyone that doesn't fully embrace the radical left and the perverse agenda contained therein is a bigot.