Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tea Bag FEVER!.....catch it!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Anyone else got some tea bag fever today? People are coming out by the hundreds to protest......something.....

The Raw Story Fox News: ‘A few hundred’ at DC tea party

Newt and Dick Army can really rally the base! These grassroots nationwide events are AMAZING. Imagine when these hundreds of people go to the polls in 2012, and vote EXACTLY the same way they voted the last time......
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I honestly tried to listen to the news at 1:00 PM and all the cable networks gave it play, Fox switched to some long hair talking head conservative in Boston who said the people there were opposed to fascism, he then defined fascism as the intermingling of business and government.. I turned off the tv and went back to the garden..
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm drinking coffee in protest of the tea-bags....
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The democrats had a whole sh!tload of these "marches on washington" all they do is act outraged, yell, scream and blubber then tommorow it's all over, those screwy abortion rights loon people are doing it all the time.

Sharpton and Jackoff have had hundreds of these.

What I'm waiting for is a Tea Party from those "Right Wing Veterans" that the old DHS Napolitano women is all jacked up over.

Isn't The Obama Dog lovely tee hee, goo goo, ga ga, slop.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Liberals can laugh all they want but taxes are out of control and they'll only get worse when we have to pay off Obama's bill.

I realize this is state, not federal, but I was talking to my friend in NJ today; he has a nice house, a very nice house, but he's no millionaire, he makes a couple hundred grand as a mortgage broker - guess what he pays in Property Tax ? $1,450. A MONTH. It is absolutely insane.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The Left Wing Liberal Obama Groupie doesn't care about high taxes right now because Messiah is their man, the more Barry will stick it to them the more they will slobber over him.
    YES WE CAN
    DEPORT AUNT ZUCHINI
    BRING THE PIRATES TO AMERICA GIVE THEM FOOD STAMPS

GOD DAMN BUSH
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The laughing is over just how out of touch you and the guy with the million dollar house* are with everyone else. Do you really think you can elicit sympathy by referencing a frickin' mortgage broker who's still making $200,000/year? How much was he making before he and his ilk screwed the industry up? 1/2 a mil?

*New Jersey property tax rates are online nowadays. Its pretty easy to figure things out.
  8. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There were over two thousand here in downtown Nashville. And I know there are more tea-parties this evening at several other areas in TN.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I saw well over 2,000 people watch over 300 adults race down Vermont street on Big wheels this past sunday in SF.

The difference is, I can see the point to showing up for Big Wheel races. What is it that these people are protesting again, because the only people whos tax rates have gone UP under Obama, are....

smokers.
  10. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The intention of the protests are primarily to express opposition to all the government overspending and over-taxation. This is not just an Obama, Dem or Rep protest - the protests are directed towards all of government, including states. Yes, some people are toting their Obama signs, but that is not the original intent.

If you're happy with how big your government is growing and how much is being debited from your paycheck, cool! No need to lambaste those that feel differently.

By the way, the vast majority of smokers are lower to middle class. That tax increase was felt primary by them. And, yes, that means those that make less than $200K a year.

You're taxes haven't gone up yet. Don't worry, it's only been 70 days. All this lovely deficit spending will require tax increases from everyone, it's only a matter of time. So no need to fret, you're increase will come, before the end of his first term.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

REALLY? so....the TEA BAGGERS have nothing to do with protesting taxes? Riiiiight.

Its funny how the ACTUAL Tea party was to protest NON-taxation of the East India Tea corporation.....and these people are (according to you) now using the historic object TEA to protest...... Big Government and spending? Its confusing. I'd be willing to bet if you polled the 2000 people as to why they are there, youd get welll over 2 dozen different talking points as answers....$h!t, you have three in your reply.

I'm enjoying the $h!t out of the tea baggers. I wish these people would go on for days.

Wonder how many of these tea baggers make over $250,000/year? Because those are the people who will be getting a tax increase! Yeah, thats the truth.

and how exactly are we supposed to fight two wars, get out of a recession, fix healthcare and education, and increase military spending by CUTTING TAXES?

answer me that....
  12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Do you realize HOW NJ R.E. property taxes got that way??????

Google "Christie Todd Witman", "Shell Game" and "State Tax Cut".

You get what you pay for. No matter how much a right winger will try to sell it, gravity doesn't fall up.
  13. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Amazing how none of those folks twitched when W. turned the record breaking annual surplusses into record breaking annual deficits so that we could build roads in Iraq.

Sorry, Juneau, no one is buying that story.
  14. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If you read what I previously posted: The intention of the protests are primarily to express opposition to all the government overspending and over-taxation.

The vast majority of people going to the rallies were typical middle-class Americans. What is your problem with people peacefully expressing their opinions?

In answer to your question: CUT SPENDING! Government wastes more money than any other entity in the world.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Living in NJ blaming it on 1 gov is a joke. In truth the courts mandated a redistribution of income where Prop taxes were moved from suburban communities to inner city communities to pay ofr schooling. Funny part is that the communities who are giving up their tax $$ to the poor communities were paying less per pupol thanthe inner city communities. Problem is that the inner city communities had far lager administrator/ pupil ratios than the suburban communities.

Combine that with reckless spending by all the NJ administrations.
  16. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What story? I agree, Bush and Congress overspent. This is not one particular political-party problem. It's a problem with all of government.
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Earlier post:

"The intention of the protests are primarily to express opposition to all the government overspending and over-taxation. This is not just an Obama, Dem or Rep protest - the protests are directed towards all of government, including states. Yes, some people are toting their Obama signs, but that is not the original intent."

Bull$pit. The timing is not 'merely coincidental'. These folks never wimpered about spending until January 20th.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I guess maybe the issue NON tea-baggers have is....where the fukc were all these idiots when bush was overspending and under-taxing the uber wealthy?

They were re-electing him, because they were told he was the only one who could keep us safe from terror...Blah...blah...blah.

I'm ALL FOR a protest, but these were the same people who were telling everyone that you hated the troops and were unamerican for not supporting Bush during a war. Look at them now.....

they are Morons...every single one of them.
  19. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with, Schmessy. Don't you agree government is over-spending? Yea, I know you like to cite that it started with Bush, which I agree with you. Bush was not a fiscal concervative, far from it.
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

The cute little grin that folks (and Fox) have on their faces when they claim that the timing of the whole "tea party" idea is merely coincidental with the change in Administration is pure coincidence is classic.

The protest is NOT about "overspending" at all.

It revolves only around WHO is "overspending".