PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Joseph Fauria

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are going to release the guy that was 2nd on the team in TD Receptions last season.

I would take him in an instant. But I don't see any way that the Lions are going to get him go.

With what our depth at TE looks like I think people would welcome Christian Fauria back. Like others said no way the lions cut Joseph.

A logjam of cheap, usable tight ends sounds like a good problem to have.

And even if they did release him, someone ahead of the Pats would claim him off waivers. :(

I wanted us to draft him last year.

I think Jace Amaro would be our guy at 62 but Rex stole him from us, tired of being abused by New England Tight ends.

Wanted him in the draft last year, only way we'd get him is a trade, he won't be released and if he is he'll be claimed before us.

Why would they release him? Just think of the match up nightmares they can cause in red zone by having: Megatron, Fauria, Pettigrew & Ebron all on the field together.

My last year's draft binkie. :(

If he's a available I don't see why not. Him & Gronk would be a potent combo and if Gronk misses some time Fauria could fill in as a legit TE.

Hmm. 3 TEs doesn't really sound like a "logjam" to me -- it sounds like a "roster."
Exactly not to mention Ebron is a flex TE. They will move him around a lot.

That is a nice looking offense out in Detroit -

QB - Stafford
RB - Bush
WR - Johnson
WR - Tate
TE - Fauria
TE - Ebron

Hmm. 3 TEs doesn't really sound like a "logjam" to me -- it sounds like a "roster."

I wasn't really looking for a snarky response, but I said logjam because they are all quality TEs. We have 3 TEs too, but outside of gronk they suck. Is it practical for detroit to run 3 TE sets? I don't recall Caldwell doing that in indy.

Last edited:
I'm sensing déjà vu.

Wasn't it just about nine months or so ago when the media (and fans) were insisting that a trade between the Lions and Patriots was fait accompli because Detroit had Pettigrew, Fauria and Tony Scheffler on their roster, while New England was about to begin the season with neither Gronkowski nor inmate number 174954?

I wasn't really looking for a snarky response, but I said logjam because they are all quality TEs. We have 3 TEs too, but outside of gronk they suck. Is it practical for detroit to run 3 TE sets? I don't recall Caldwell doing that in indy.

Still. They don't have 3 expensive tight ends. They are rather cheap. So why don't keep Fauria as a backup? Why would they release a cheap tight end who had 7 touchdowns last year?

As @patchick said, that's a roster, not a log jam. I would agree with you if they had 3 expensive tight ends. But that's not the case. It's good to have people on the roster that can play the position that's not starting too.

I think Jace Amaro would be our guy at 62 but Rex stole him from us, tired of being abused by New England Tight ends.

He's a big wide receiver.

Love this kid. Super mancrush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back