TE Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Olson's speed and WR skills stand out.

Boss showing good hands, he needs better sideline awareness, nice cuts.

Coats and Harline from BYU impressed, as did Chandler (Iowa) and Newton (Oregon State).

Pudewell from Nevada is OL slow, Rosario from Oregon looked like a FB candidate.

Allan from Whitworth, 2nd fastest but stiff.

Thompson (OK) and Swogger (MT State) didn't look bad as camp fodder QBs. Thompson was a QB/WR.

I kinda liked Derek Schouman from Boise St.

what did he weigh in at?

I kinda liked Derek Schouman from Boise St.

what did he weigh in at?
I knew there was another H-back type whom I liked but didn't get it into my notes. I don't remember his weight.

Last edited:
A bunch of middling pass catchers this year. Not a good crop. The guy who intrigues me is Pudewell. He didn't play in a pass-oriented system, and he didn't catch too many passes, but he's reportedly the best blocker of the class, and he showed some nice hands today.

The problem is:

1) Can a 5.1 guy be useful in any area besides the goalline?
2) Is there room on the roster for a guy to be the #3/4 TE who's too slow to contribute on Teams?

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a UDFA. I guess his top end is another Jason Dunn/Byron Chamberlain.

Last edited:
A bunch of middling pass catchers this year. Not a good crop. The guy who intrigues me is Pudewell. He didn't play in a pass-oriented system, and he didn't catch too many passes, but he's reportedly the best blocker of the class, and he showed some nice hands today.

The problem is:

1) Can a 5.1 guy be useful in any area besides the goalline?
2) Is there room on the roster for a guy to be the #3/4 TE who's too slow to contribute on Teams?

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a UDFA. I guess his top end is another Jason Dunn/Byron Chamberlain.

So none of the tight ends were the essence of tightness?:D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Thanks for the updates

what was ben watson's 40 time?

what was ben watson's 40 time?

The Fastest watch had Watson at 4.37 at the combine and the slowest at 4.44.

In other words, REALLY FAST.

His name has slipped my mind, but I like the TE from rhode Island and feel he would be a good replacement for D. Graham if that became a need. I like Chandlers size and speed, but I have seen him play a lot over his time at Iowa and he has never been asked to block and I don't think runs as good of routes as Dave Thomas does. I just think that he wouldn't really help this team that much. We need a more well rounded TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes