PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE - Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

efeene

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Adam Schefter just tweeted that Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski has been invited to attend the NFL Draft in New York on Thursday night. So this must mean he has a better than average shot of getting taken in the first round - which surprises me. I know the draft being on three days changes things up but I cant imagine they would invite a guy only to have him spend all night waiting then go home unpicked... that would be pretty messed up. Anyway just a heads up for anyone who was thinking to the Pats in round 2. Just got a little more dicey.

Because they are doing a two day prime time broadcast they are inviting players who are projected to be second round picks so they can bring them up on stage during the "show."

"The Gronker" is my #47 or #53 Binky. Good all-around TE

Bring them on stage to be like "here are the players you might see get drafted tomorrow"? Yeah I would say thanks but no thanks... that seems... wrong to me I guess. I mean he can always say no if it bothers him. I know they are trying to up the entertainment factor but that seems like a strange way to do it..

Bring them on stage to be like "here are the players you might see get drafted tomorrow"? Yeah I would say thanks but no thanks... that seems... wrong to me I guess. I mean he can always say no if it bothers him. I know they are trying to up the entertainment factor but that seems like a strange way to do it..
No, the kids and their families will be in a separate room with no cameras. Any of those kids drafted on day one will come out for a photo op, those who have to wait a day will take their turn when they've been picked in the second round.

Gotcha.. so they are getting away from the "Here is Brady Quinn free falling on National TV" moments with these kids then. Thats cool then good for Gronkowski - must feel good to be invited then. Either way I am not sold on him.... potentially great but too risky for my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back