Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
and Maroney is warming up.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
August 24, 2007
Pregame notes
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

A few pre-game notes:

RB Laurence Maroney has taken the field to loosen up. The running game, with Maroney, figures to be a top priority tonight.

QB Tom Brady, who was excused from Wednesday's practice, is expected to be in attendance tonight. Brady will not be holding a post-game press conference.

TE David Thomas, who is on the physically unable to perform list after breaking his foot in the offseason program, is on the field going through sprints and being watched by trainer Jim Whalen. This is an encouraging sign for Thomas, who was last seen wearing a protective boot.

Don't we normally leave injured players at home?:confused:

Oh come, David, come !

Wow, that's out of nowhere.

How fast can he sprint with a boot on.

:rocker: :rocker:
YES!!!!
:rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:
How fast can he sprint with a boot on.

ROTFL Steve!

I had written him off as a certain PUP (which he might still be) and a likely IR, which is now unlikely given his sprinting.

Whoa! Imagine how much FASTER he'll be w/o the boot!

Come to think of it, though, isn't there some sort of rule against bringing PUP players on road trips--or does that only apply to IR folks? :confused:

Either way, the prospect of having Thomas back has me quite happy. Almost tingly. :D

He was wearing cowboy boots. It's a new training technique.

They're being very, very careful with him...

23121288.jpg

I'd rather leave him on PUP and make sure he comes back 100%. I don't want to cut Rivers. He has earned a roster spot IMO.

I'd rather leave him on PUP and make sure he comes back 100%. I don't want to cut Rivers. He has earned a roster spot IMO.

I think Rivers situation has more to do with Kyle Brady's injury status.

I can get behind this thinking, as well. I love Thomas, but would prefer to PUP him for now, really get whatever-it-is healed. Rivers has done nothing to make me think he'd be a detriment to this team. I worry for the binky, though - Mills is likely a goner.

whoa

I hope he returns and every situation is different, but I would not make too much out of running. Chad Jackson has been sprinting for months and there is no chance of him coming off of PUP. Roster will be filled by guys able to help the team very, very soon.

Re: whoa

And Jackson might file a grievance.

I hope he returns and every situation is different, but I would not make too much out of running. Chad Jackson has been sprinting for months and there is no chance of him coming off of PUP. Roster will be filled by guys able to help the team very, very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes