PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Bo Scaife signed (6/7) update: released 6/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TE Bo Scaife signed

Bring on the 4 TE set! :D

What defense would you put out to stop that out of curiosity?

I'm not so sure about keeping 4 TE's, we have positions to fill on a defense coming off a very mediocre year. I'd stick with 3 TE's, then again, maybe Fells roster spot isn't so safe now.

Fact about Scaife: According to Wikipedia, he is the only TE to record a rushing TD, a recieving TE, a tackle, and a kickoff return in the same season.

Last edited:

Fact about Scaife: According to Wikipedia, he is the only TE to record a rushing TD, a recieving TE, a tackle, and a kickoff return in the same season.

And, in fact, before GRONK's "rushing" TD this season, Scaife was the last TE to score a rushing TD (back in 2006(?)).

BB loves VERSATILITY :rocker:

This makes so much sense. Last season the Pats developed the most effective 2 TE offense the league has ever seen, yet for the most of that season the Pats only had 2 TE's on the roster. And last's year's 3rd TE, Nate Solder, isn't going to be available this season. Color us lucky that for the most part Gronk and Hernandez stayed healthy. BB doesn't rely on luck, so this year the Pats will go into camp with 4 TE's.

If no TE gets dinged during TC, then BB will have a tough cut to make. If someone does get dinged then we don't go into the season will less than 3 legitimate, and proven TE's.

This team can never have enough tight ends..

If they were to actually carry 4 TEs on the active roster they would simply only carry 4 RBs in place of the 5 they did last year at no cost to defensive positions.

We only carried 2 tight ends last year plus 5 RB/FB's.

If they were to actually carry 4 TEs on the active roster they would simply only carry 4 RBs in place of the 5 they did last year at no cost to defensive positions.

Our ends are the most tight in the NFL.

.....I mean, we have the most tight ends in the NFL..

The Jets, meanwhile have the widest receivers.

Gronk will do this, in the same game.

Per Jermichael Finley: "Bo Scaife needs to show me more".

He'll be cut before the start of the season.

I would be concerned about Daniel Fells' injury.
Fells was out through OTA's, I believe.
The team may have decided there is some risk there, and made a move to make sure they don't end up with only two options again.
The last couple players signed have been Tight Ends.

We need lots of tight ends for camp with both Gronk and Fells injured.

Scaife is replacing unknown, low-level UDFA tackling dummy Nick Melillo.

Result: massive upgrade & insurance policy.

Quad TE set with 1 RB means that at will, the Pats could create a jumbo run right, or jumbo run left package, and use the other side to attack the air with Gronk/Hernandez. Pick your poison. Stack the box and get burned by our nightmare mismatch tight ends, or drop back into coverage and get gashed and bashed by the run game! Fun!

Counting Solder we are half way to our new feature formation - the 10 TE offense. ;)

Ought not have a single concern about TE depth this season. The Dalai Lama is also a fan, so we have that going for us as well. Thank you, Bill Murray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes