PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Alge Crumpler in town to visit Gillette tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't hurt I guess.

Wow, 300 pounds, I don't know what to say. I say put him at goaline FB so we can have a fridge.

He wasn't the starting TE in Tennessee last year but still caught 27 balls. Seems like he's still a pretty decent receiving threat all things considered. I wouldn't mind having him.

Alge Crumpler+Dunkin' Donuts=I hope they are laying good foundation under the new field turf. He will put craters into it.

Ahhh.... but that leads to the inevitable question:

Can he rush the passer?

Better....He can EAT the Passer

After that,no worries of the long bomb - All running plays :)

Alge Crumpler+Dunkin' Donuts=I hope they are laying good foundation under the new field turf. He will put craters into it.

Lmao, I can picture him doing DD commercials once he arrives here.

Ahhh.... but that leads to the inevitable question:

Can he rush the passer?

Only if we pull a Bobby Boucher and have him imagine the QB is a plate of BBQ spare ribs.

LOL......I remember watching Tennesse last year and seeing Crumpler, and thinking that he looked like someones overweight fifty year old Dad with a beer gut got pulled from the stands and suited up right before the game because the Titans didn't have any healthy TE's. My friends and I were laughing our asses off.

If we are really lucky he may crap us out a punter.

Seriously a 40 pound loss as pushed by Belichick,and he has the potential to once again be one of the best in the league like he once was.

But 40 pounds is alot of hamburgers to say no to.

Still,the man has the potential to be an all-pro TE,Just put down the food

Seriously a 40 pound loss as pushed by Belichick,and he has the potential to once again be one of the best in the league like he once was.

But 40 pounds is alot of hamburgers to say no to.

Still,the man has the potential to be an all-pro TE,Just put down the food

At 32 he is on the back 9. But he certainly knows the passing game.

I'd be concerned about his mobility. I'm all for big TEs that can run block, but in that capacity (and size) he should be able to slow the rush on the edge. (see K. Brady SB 42)

David Patten, Alge Crumpler? Seriously?

It used to be that the players had to have the best attendance record during off-season workouts to get the closest parking spots. Pretty soon, those spots will be reserved for the guys with handicapped parking tags.

Lol, his wiki page has him at 262 pounds! How do you gain 40 pounds knowing you're one of the best at what you do at a pro sport.

To patsfaninpa, I agree, this could be a steal signing if he can lose the weight.

I say BB should sit him down tonight and talk over a nice meal from Nutrisystem and get him to promise to continue the program and look like Berman,Shula,Gola or Marino in a few months.

How can you say with a straight face that football is important to you if you weigh 312 pounds?

How can you say with a straight face that football is important to you if you weigh 312 pounds?

Football IS important to Alge

....As long as it has salt or pepper sprinkled on top of the laces

Remember one thing about Alge

He was part of a group of guys that blocked for Chris Johnson to gain over 2,000 yards last season - we have no Chris Johnson but I imagine our running game would improve instantly

He used to be a good TE, seems he gained a 'little" weight and forgot how to play.....

I've been reading and looking for blimpo pictures of himand can'r find any (Titans obviously).

For what it's worth, he was told he'd be used as a blocker with the other TE running most of the routes, so he says. It's unlikely he was playing any football at that weight mentioned, I suppose 280 or something might be closer to it.

He also willingly became more of a blocker than he ever was in Atlanta -- and that's what the Titans found they needed from him.

I discussed that, and his weight -- which was clearly up during OTAs - with him back in May.

An except from that blog entry:

As for the weight: Crumpler said if he was working as more of a pass catcher, he'd be 10 or 15 pounds lighter.

"But if I'm going to have to control that line of scrimmage, then I have to stay where I'm at," he said.

Which is where?

"You'll never get that out of me," he said.
On Crumpler's weight, Titans' first half - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Here's some pics. He's not Wilfork. I naturally figured he was a lazy ass, but he looks like a guy who figures he can make a living as a blocker. The upside is, every once in a while, you've got a top tight end to surprise the opposition instead of some stone hands.

http://www.ihavenet.com/images/NFL-...vens-for-13-10-Titans-Win-NFL-2008-Week-5.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/mul....playoffs.divisional/images/alge-crumpler.jpg

http://www.bleepingidiots.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/340x.jpg

Most of the rest of TEs in FA are crap too. Better sign Ben or draft a beast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back