PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Aaron Hernandez injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Hernandez strained MCL, out 1-2 weeks.

Great news?

At this point the only thing we can hope for is it's 1-2 weeks. Folks this is our bread to our butter. With Ocho Cinco being invisible, I don't like our freaking TEs getting dinged up:mad:

We can live with the 1-2 weeks, 4-6 is going to hurt. Time to step up Chad.

1-2 weeks early in the year is just another drop in the bucket compared to what it could have been. I'm in the camp that considers this lucky to be so moderate of an injury. If he needs to miss 3-4 weeks, so be it. We need Aaron healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs. Might be good for our offense to work without him for a little while early in the year anyway. Force us to use and trust different players and formations.

Time for Chad to step up. Interestingly, this means that the Bills and Raiders will be at a preparation disadvantage, because they won't have much film on the Patriots in 3 wide sets from this year.

Now, let's hope that the defense steps it up, because Fitzpatrick's been playing well so far this year.

Nobody else finds it odd that SMY was able to get information about a diagnosis and timetable for return from an organization known for not discussing injury specifics? Not saying it's not true, just seems like an un-Patriot way.

She's a good reporter who's developed sources. It only takes one person talking to get the story. Just my thoughts.

98.5 just added a Curran report that it may be more like 4-6 weeks.

Like everyone else, I want Hernandez back as possible. With that said, if it takes 4-6 weeks to get him back at 100% I'm OK with that. I don't want to rush him. As others have stated, this is a chance for others to step up. Godspeed to Aaron.

Great news?

At this point the only thing we can hope for is it's 1-2 weeks. Folks this is our bread to our butter. With Ocho Cinco being invisible, I don't like our freaking TEs getting dinged up:mad:

We are the New England Patriots, not the Indianapolis Colts. We don't put all of our stock in one person. We have many weapons that can fill in for him until he's ready.

Remember who you root for dude.

My buddy that plays OT in the Pac 12 sprained his MCL bad last year and only missed two weeks. I'd be really surprised if Aaron were out for more than a month unless this is a tear severe enough to warrant some clean up surgery.

Great news?

One to two weeks is great news compared to the alternative. Everyone knew he was injured. One to two weeks (if true) is the best news you can get other than obviously he misses no time.

As to Ochocinco being invisible, the guy did have 45 yards yesterday. With all the weapons the Pats have, that is hardly invisible. I know a lot of people expected Chad to be a primary WR when he came in, but with four receiver with the ability to get over 100 yards receiving in a game who already have familiarity with the offense and the Pats using the hurry up offense which takes a mastery of the playbook; it was inevitable that. Chad's reps would limited. I still don't get why people pile on the guy.

Does that mean someone gets cut and Mills comes up from the PS ? He's nowhere near the talent of Hernanadez, but he does play the small TE role.

I hope not. I'd rather have Solder come in on 3 TE sets.

The catches Chad has made have all been impressive. I don't have specific numbers, but it doesn't seem to me like he's seeing the field a lot right now, which I was fine with.

With Aaron going down, I'd definitely like to see more of 85. He doesn't seem to be running crappy routes and he's shown he can make tough catches. If he's going to make mistakes from not having a masterful grasp of the system, now is the time to do it, not late in the year. The best way to learn is experience and mistakes. I'm all for a little trial by fire, especially with a talented veteran that's been dying to play for a winner.

Last edited:

4-6 weeks is typical recovery for grade 1 MCL sprains. 2nd's add another 2 weeks or so.

You're thinking of grade 3. A grade 1 sprain is 1-2 weeks.

The great thing about the Curran report is that none of the other reporters (Bedard, Rapaport, Reiss, et al) are jumping on his boat (e.g., tweeting about it) which makes it a lot less credible, and that is good news to the rest of us.

He missed 2 games last year and we didn't skip a beat

Al least it was not a recurring injury to the hip which might have IRed him....I know from personal view what an injury to the hip area is all about.

He missed 2 games last year and we didn't skip a beat

I really think Hernandez has been outstanding for the first 1 and 3/4 games.

Maybe last year we didn;t miss a beat without him, but this year he has become a playmaker and playmakers are always missed.

I still think we are extremely fortunate his injury was not worse, and I hope he makes a full recovery and the injury does not linger all season.

could be worse. Have to change the offense up a bit. Ochostinko looked good coming out of breaks, very smooth, I guess I can see why they liked him.

While we'll lose some formation flexibility, I have to believe the dropoff won't be very big when you have Ocho/Price/Edelman filling in.

Hello Taylor Price, your time has arrived

That was the only thing that could stop him and the multiple TE sets. No individual defender or team defense could stop the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes