Welcome to PatsFans.com

TC morning or afternoon or one-a-day?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFan37, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Pardon the separate thread, but I'm hoping this will generate a few responses from those that have been there.

If you're looking for the best practices (rooks & veterans in pads) would you recommend:
    • mornings of two-a-days
    • afternoons of two-a-days
    • the single practice of a one-a-day
    I'm going with a bunch of friends, mostly retired folks, so it probably won't be a weekend, to avoid the crowds. I vaguely remember the single-practice days are sometimes walk-throughs. Is that wrong? Also, as TC wears on, vets wear out and BB gives them days off, but I guess that's unpredictable. And at the very start, some rooks might not have signed and some vets might be on that PUP list that seems to last about a week until they've passed conditioning or rehab or whatever.

Mrs.B, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, if you're lurking. You are the expert. :)

2. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I've found that the one a days, early in TC are more likely to have the players in pads. But the big difference this year is with the lack of exemptions (NFLE) you have only 80 and this may impact the amount of pad practices especially later in Aug. Best bet is come in the first couple of weeks, mid week. And always, always call ahead, on the day of, to make sure practice times haven't changed from posted ones.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Pads or no pads, I always enjoy TC.. relatively calm, lots of stuff to watch and overall very enjoyable..

4. Hooded Sweatshirt

Hooded Sweatshirt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How early do you usually have to get there to get a decent view? Is an hour before enough time?

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I find that usually on the two a days they usually have one of the practices with pads on. It seems to me like they try to go on a every other practice pace, though that isn't always the case.

PS: I also don't feel like the difference is that extreme. There is obviously a lot more contact when the pads are on and a few drills they wont do but for the most part I feel like the fun in camp is watching the skill players and Brady. What contact you do get when the pads are on is a bonus.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  6. Crowpointer

Crowpointer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I always base my trips on the weather. There is always something interesting to watch regardless if full pads or not. But if the weather is blistering hot it is just not as much fun. I live close enough and my job flexible enough that I wiil base my trips on the less hot days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.