PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TC evening session, 7/30 observations and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was simply an awesome report. i can picture it as if i'm there. thanks !

Marquise Hill, RIP, suggests otherwise. It's more likely he gets IRed, if need be, or traded, than cut.

212 = 2 WRs, 1 RB, 2 TEs?

I was also wondering about the formation nomenclatures.

Great report thanks. If you are going to do this all summer they should have a spot for your reports on this site. I have learned more from your posts then any reporter out there.

Great job.

Great report thanks. If you are going to do this all summer they should have a spot for your reports on this site. I have learned more from your posts then any reporter out there.

Great job.

Ian REALLY needs to bring back rep.
Outstanding recap.

You should start a blog, Patspsycho. That was one of the better recaps I have seen in quite some time.

forgot to mention this play I thought it was a real good play by Woods.

Which "B" Gap? Left or Right side of the O-line? Who were the 5 out there on the O-line at the time..

Next play, fake run, 2 x 2 TE package, lateral to Maroney, 2 for 2 in red zone. 212 2 x 2, hit Hernandez, but Chung was there to tackle him. I think the 212 is going to be our workhorse package in the EZ.

I'm having trouble picturing the formation.

Like this?

WR TEOlineTE WR
-------QB-------

-------RB-------

or this?

----TEOline WR WR
--TE---QB--------

--------RB--------

Which "B" Gap? Left or Right side of the O-line? Who were the 5 out there on the O-line at the time..

Right side. Definitely not on Neal. I had the impression it was the 2 hole.

The hard thing about TC is that there are many things going on and you can only pick one area to focus on. Not like there's a replay screen you can quickly look up at or hit a button back home. I chose to focus on the front the D was throwing rather than looking at the OL that had subbed in.

Like this?

WR TEOlineTE WR
-------QB-------

-------RB-------

or this?

----TEOline WR WR
--TE---QB--------

--------RB--------

Generally the first one, although once all of the players are on the field you can line them up however you want to.

WR TEOlineTE WR
-------QB-------

-------RB-------

It is basically just having 2 personnel on either side in various formations.

Great great stuff, Patspsycho. Your time, detail and insight are all greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Great job.

If I got paid as much as Curran or Assarotti does, I would be there for both sessions every day, but unfortunately, I live in reality.

But then again if I got paid, I would become lazy, incompetent, and arrogant? :rolleyes:

Awesome recaps so far Patspsycho! Who needs reporters when we have this website?

Kinda makes you wonder why the local rags don't hire people like Patspsycho...I guess having an axe to grind is just as important as having a clue about the sport/team you are reporting on.

Man, IF, IF, IF Brady and co. have found the bodies at TE to utilize them in the offense, goodness does he have weapons.

How can anyone not have high hopes? If Hernandez, Tate, Edelman andGonkl contribute I don't possibly see how theyre not a top 5 offense. **** people are scared of this offense when they have Moss and Welker, imagine them surrounded with weapons. Goodness.

I have yet to hear anything good said about the O-line's run blocking or any great plays by the RBs, so I think some caution is advised at this point but yeah might as well enjoy the positives too. :D

Kinda makes you wonder why the local rags don't hire people like Patspsycho...I guess having an axe to grind is just as important as having a clue about the sport/team you are reporting on.

One of the problems with the 'old media' is that they have failed to adapt to the rapidly changing media environment. Sure, a few blogs and tweets but the idea is to attract and maintain readership. Me, I'd read and follow someone as well versed as psycho were he published in a 'local' paper. Actually real local papers like the Cape Cod Times are doing better than the majors because they cover a niche well with decent actual reporting of news.

I've noticed that a reporters can start out being objective, but after a while go the way of Felger, or Borgous that is its better to be controversial. Take Breer a couple of years ago he was looked upon as one of the best reporters around, and when he left for Dallas his lose was lamented here. Now hes back and people wish he ware still in Dallas. This also seems to have happened to Curran, to bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back