PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TBuck RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Tebucky released

The Patriots announced the release of defensive back Tebucky Jones tonight. Jones was signed prior to the 2006 season but suffered a season-ending injury in the preseason. His contract was through the 2007 season.

---Reiss

i was hoping hed be a very good ST player for us..i guess his injury is more serious or we just prefer others over him

huh. Perhaps a draft addition at S is in order.

Just Kevin left from the Bobby Grier era?

How long will it take the Jest to sign him?

I guess I know nothing.

not even 20 posts and the front office is already making me look stupid.

Re: Tebucky Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are missing the obvious here, both he and Mitchell have been solid special teams players and have experience playing saftey Tebucky much more than mithcell, but for these reasons you dont cut them. I am not saying they should make the squad but why would you cut them now they are very worthy of being in training camp

So...does this shed any glimmer of hope on a possible run at Thomas?:D :D

If anyone was wondering, this saves the Pats about $750,000 off their 2007 cap, as there will be a $150,000 dead money charge.

I guess I know nothing.

LOL. Not to worry though, looking stupid usually occurs by post 100 anyway. Some even continue into the thousands. :eek: ;)

You guys are missing the obvious here, both he and Mitchell have been solid special teams players and have experience playing saftey Tebucky much more than mithcell, but for these reasons you dont cut them. I am not saying they should make the squad but why would you cut them now they are very worthy of being in training camp
You're correct -- they are solid ST players. The logical answer is, most drafted rookies will have to earn their roster spots playing ST -- so we need to make room. The speculative answer is, we'll also be drafting a Safety. :)

So...does this shed any glimmer of hope on a possible run at Thomas?:D :D

If anything, it would mean we are going after a guy like Ken Hamlin. But even then, the release of Tebucky means more likely that we are in the market for another back up.

On a side note, I would love to get Ken Hamlin if we can get him at the right price.

I guess I know nothing.

Re: Tebucky Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That thread's question was, "Did you forget that Tebucky was on the roster?" 10 hours later and Tebucky is released. Hmmmmm..... :eek:

Andrews and Spann did a fine job on ST. With Mitchell coming back and the emergence of Sanders, Tebucky was deemed a surplus. Wouldn't be surprised to see a safety drafted in the high rounds however.

That thread's question was, "Did you forget that Tebucky was on the roster?" 10 hours later and Tebucky is released. Hmmmmm..... :eek:

Seriously.My tin hat was smokin' today!

LOL. Not to worry though, looking stupid usually occurs by post 100 anyway. Some even continue into the thousands.

You're correct -- they are solid ST players. The logical answer is, most drafted rookies will have to earn their roster spots playing ST -- so we need to make room. The speculative answer is, we'll also be drafting a Safety.
OH MAN! You zing me and pat sbb on the back with one post! :rofl: Don't worry kid, Senioritis2 has it right, if you're going to have an opinion BB is going to help you look, um, opinionated. All you can do is look at the roster and make your best guess, then pick yourself up and mutter "Polian" under your breath before climbing back on the hobby horse. :cool:

This is a decent looking Safety draft, not just the little rockets like Nelson that folks are excited about, but big young kids like Wendling and Piscatelli and Stone (for you Maniacs) who have Tebuck's size and speed. There are also a handful of small LBs with safety or good coverage backgrounds who could crossover. This is a good draft to find another counterbalance to Rodney's influence on the average age.

Last edited:
LOL. Not to worry though, looking stupid usually occurs by post 100 anyway. Some even continue into the thousands. :eek: ;)

. :)

We are what we are!:rocker:

While I am not surprised that Tebucky Jones was going to be a possible roster casualty at some point, why now? Is there any particular advantage to cutting him now instead of later, like in TC? Injuries do happen. I am not a capologist, but unless he has a roster bonus due, wouldn't the cap savings be the same if he were cut anytime prior to game 1 ?

While I am not surprised that Tebucky Jones was going to be a possible roster casualty at some point, why now? Is there any particular advantage to cutting him now instead of later, like in TC? Injuries do happen. I am not a capologist, but unless he has a roster bonus due, wouldn't the cap savings be the same if he were cut anytime prior to game 1 ?

You're correct.

Instead of thinking of the advantage from the Patriots' perspective, consider this as a courtesy to Tebucky, allowing him and his agent to be ready for the start of Free Agency.

If anyone was wondering, this saves the Pats about $750,000 off their 2007 cap, as there will be a $150,000 dead money charge.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey