PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TBC productivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Roddy White had more yards than Larry Fitzgerald, and about same # TD. So, by that theory Roddy White is more productive since past years, or how Fitzgerald is account by other D's has nothing to do with it.

LOL. You amuse me

Assuming your statement is correct, then White was MORE PRODUCTIVE IN 2009. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Are you saying that who was more productive in 2009 should be based on who was in 08,07 etc?
I don't know why it upset you to discuss what a player actually accomplished on the field.

I love B-Cain but teams game plan for and double team those guys you compared him with.

Probably a valid point. That doesnt change the fact that TBC produced at a very similar level.
I imagine that to answer that question you would either have to review all of the tape, and/or look at the production of the players alongside them.
I do think though that you are overlooking something.
Teams gameplan for every team and double team against every team. (I actually have rarely ever seen a true double team its actually help) My best pass rusher will get gameplanned for as my best pass rusher, even of your best is twice as good, with the exception of whether the guy on the other side is effective. For example the gap between TBC and our 2nd best pass rusher is larger than the one between Freeney and Mathis, so TBC would get the majority of attention, while Freeney and Mathis split it.

But to round out the point the Patriots had a combined 31 sacks.
Carolina had 31 as well, so that would seem to downplay the argument that Peppers getting gameplanned for and double teamed cut down his production, because it didnt help his teammates do any more than TBCs teammates.
Indy had 34, so again, doesn't look like there was extra production created by the focus on Freeney (and i think its fair to say all else equal Mathis is 3 sacks better than Burgess or Afailius or whoever)
Minnesota had 48 and led the league, so attention on Allen could be valid, while talent of other players may explain it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back