PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price Expectations and Role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Tate put up 24 catches for 432 and 3 TDs. Those are deep threat numbers. I think Price can at least do that. I'm hoping for some Robert Meachem type damage. As in 40s 700s and 5+.

very doable w/ a trip te threat and faulks in the backfield

they will be extremely off balance and they will try to blitz but our line will NOT Faulter:rocker:

Price is 6'1" ran a 4.40 in Combine and supposedly, good hands. BUT, he does not run routes that well. Could be the Patriots playbook is not easy to learn.

Price runs great routes. He's quick and he makes precise cuts.

My father has always liked Price

he was drafted in 2 sports. His evaluation should mean something.

He was a WR that said no to Papa Joe. My Dad was also very HIGH on the Tate signing.

I expect good things from both:cool:

I'm not being harsh on Tate. You're confusing hope for the future with analysis of the past. Tate was bad last year, as in 4 catches more than Aikens in 2 more games and 3 more starts bad.

Actually I am combining hope for the future with the plays that I did see the ball in his hand and I see a player with explosiveness and talent who just needs to grasp the system better and hopefully time will help with this though the lockout doesnt help.

How do you get "very solid group" out of a receiver who had 24 catches and a receiver that was inactive for every meaningful game of the season fighting for the role of #3wr and main deep threat?

First off because Welker is leading the group. Because I think Edelman is a very talented kid who is only burried by the fact he is behind someone with very similar skills. Because Branch is one of Brady's all time favorite targets and fits the system great. Because there are two young kids developing and hopefully one of them turns into a bonified starter moving everyone down the depth except Welker.

I said very solid not spectacular not 07 like but filled with talent and potential. If BB thought so low of Tate and Price than why not draft another rook?

How do you put Edelman on the field with Welker when you've got Hernandez and Gronk?

I think it would be pretty tough to get all 4 on the field at the same time not sure what that has to do with coming up with a few plays that both Edelman and Welker on the field at the same time. And not just on the field together but doing something that exploits there simialar skills. Could be as simple as putting them in the slot on opposite sides and running a fake bubble screen one way and throwing it the other or Obrien could dream up something else but I think it is something that should be done a few times a game not as a package that is a mainstay and keeps Gronk and Hernandez off the field. Similarly I think they should come up with something that exploits the talents of our many TEs even if it cost Welker a few plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back