PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price Expectations and Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
What do you think Taylor Price's role will be this year with the pats?

30-40 grabs?

When I first saw the post I thought 40 catches, a couple of scores.

Well, as of right now, I expect him to compete against Tate for a spot on the active roster as the team's #3 WR and primary deep threat.

#1 WR = Welker
#2 WR = Branch
#4 WR = Edelman (Welker's backup)

Well, as of right now, I expect him to compete against Tate for a spot on the active roster as the team's #3 WR and primary deep threat.

#1 WR = Welker
#2 WR = Branch

This. Tate and Price will combine for 50 catches are so, with one getting 40 and the other getting 10.

#1 WR = Welker
#2 WR = Branch

Well be prepared for Your #2 WR will probably not play anywhere close to 16 games.

99 receptions 1,509 yards, 24 touchdowns and Superbowl 46 MVP hoisting Lombardi 4.

99 receptions 1,509 yards, 24 touchdowns and Superbowl 46 MVP hoisting Lombardi 4.

Let's be realistic here....anything between 70-80 receptions,1000+ yards,10+ TD's.

If not then he is a bust!!! A bust!!!

I would say he becomes the teams #3 receiver and #1 deep threat and has 39 catches for 710 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I'd say he only gets about 25-30 catches.

Branch really holds him back. Also, I don't expect Branch to miss any games because one of Brady's strengths are protecting his receivers from big hits.

Well be prepared for Your #2 WR will probably not play anywhere close to 16 games.
I disagree. Chad Johnson/Ochocinco has always been very durable. If BB thinks he can still play, there is a pretty good chance he becomes our #2.

I'd say he only gets about 25-30 catches.

Branch really holds him back. Also, I don't expect Branch to miss any games because one of Brady's strengths are protecting his receivers from big hits.

Lets be realistic. Deion Branch will miss some games. Hes 32 years old and has never been the definition of durability.

Based on his performance, BB will ease Price more and more into the offense.

Last year I said the Edelman was good for 60/800/5 and I was flat out wrong. However, I think Price is a much better WR talent. 50/700/3

37 catches, 630 yards & 3 TD's.

#1 WR = Welker
#2 WR = Branch

I dont see it that way.

I see it more like this.

#1 WR = Welker
And everyone else as a good chance at being the 2-5. Edelman's chance could be the weakest as his skills so closely mirror Welkers but he has shown the most so far outside of Branch who is on the backend of his career.

I think we saw enough out of Tate last year to be excited about the possibilty of his continuing to develope. We didnt really see anything from Price but it was very much expected he was going to "red shirt" and hopefully he has enough knowledge to hit the ground running now.

If I had to make guess now I would say Tate, Branch, and Welker are the 1,2, and 3 but I could easily see Tate and/or Branch get beat out by Edelman and/or Price.

I dont see it that way.

I see it more like this.

#1 WR = Welker
And everyone else as a good chance at being the 2-5. Edelman's chance could be the weakest as his skills so closely mirror Welkers but he has shown the most so far outside of Branch who is on the backend of his career.

I think we saw enough out of Tate last year to be excited about the possibilty of his continuing to develope. We didnt really see anything from Price but it was very much expected he was going to "red shirt" and hopefully he has enough knowledge to hit the ground running now.

If I had to make guess now I would say Tate, Branch, and Welker are the 1,2, and 3 but I could easily see Tate and/or Branch get beat out by Edelman and/or Price.

Edelman's not playing on the outside. He doesn't have the skillset for it. That leaves Branch/Price/Tate as 3 players battling for 2 spots, and Branch is, sadly, the clearly superior player as of now.

As for Tate, we disagree, because he was a pretty big disappointment in my eyes.

I see Edelman giving Welker and Branch breathers and Price becoming the downfield threat. I think he steps it up to 35-45 Receptions with a 14+ average. It will be interesting to see what sets he plays in on a regular basis.

Edelman's not playing on the outside. He doesn't have the skillset for it. That leaves Branch/Price/Tate as 3 players battling for 2 spots, and Branch is, sadly, the clearly superior player as of now.

As for Tate, we disagree, because he was a pretty big disappointment in my eyes.

I said Edelman's chances might be the smallest as his skills so closely mirrir Welker's.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Tate. He will be entering his 3rd season one of which was almost totally wiped out. Very few WR do alot in their rookie years and yes I would have liked to see a little more last year as it wasnt a true rookie year but I didn't say he would be our two just that I saw enough last year to think he could continue to improve and become the two.

I see WR as a very solid group of players who each have some interesting talents and interestingly enough other than Welker I dont think there is a large descrency in overall talent and could see the position shake out in a number of ways.

One thing I know I want to see is the OC come up with some creative ways to use both Edelman and Welker at the same time as I feel Edelman is a little burried by Wes and is too elusive not to get on the field.

I said Edelman's chances might be the smallest as his skills so closely mirrir Welker's.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Tate. He will be entering his 3rd season one of which was almost totally wiped out. Very few WR do alot in their rookie years and yes I would have liked to see a little more last year as it wasnt a true rookie year but I didn't say he would be our two just that I saw enough last year to think he could continue to improve and become the two.

I'm not being harsh on Tate. You're confusing hope for the future with analysis of the past. Tate was bad last year, as in 4 catches more than Aikens in 2 more games and 3 more starts bad.

I see WR as a very solid group of players who each have some interesting talents and interestingly enough other than Welker I dont think there is a large descrency in overall talent and could see the position shake out in a number of ways.

How do you get "very solid group" out of a receiver who had 24 catches and a receiver that was inactive for every meaningful game of the season fighting for the role of #3wr and main deep threat?

One thing I know I want to see is the OC come up with some creative ways to use both Edelman and Welker at the same time as I feel Edelman is a little burried by Wes and is too elusive not to get on the field.

How do you put Edelman on the field with Welker when you've got Hernandez and Gronk?

I don't think anybody outside of the Patriots staff have enough information to project his output in 2011. He only played one game last year and look OK. Hopefully he's taken advantage of this off-season and is going to be ready to go. It wouldn't shock me if he was cut or if he had a breakout season but the truth is usually in the middle.

Let's hope that Brandon Tate isn't running out with the starting offense this September. I have seen enough to know that he's not the answer. Hoping Price can step up or BB addresses this in FA.

Let's hope that Brandon Tate isn't running out with the starting offense this September. I have seen enough to know that he's not the answer. Hoping Price can step up or BB addresses this in FA.

Tate, in his first year on the field, was more productive than Reggie Wayne's first year, each of Donald Driver's first three years, and Vincent Jackson's first year, and just off Roddy White's first two years and Vincent Jackson's second year.

All this while actually playing football for about two weeks of the previous 18 months before last offseason, due to multiple knee injuries.

Let's not completely disregard him as a possible contributor already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes