PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Mays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this around 4 hours ago on the William Moore thread, but no one seems to have picked up on it. Thanks for starting a separate thread.

This hurts the Pats a lot. First, it effectively pushes our #23 pick down in the draft by taking away a key player who would go higher (as does Gerald McCoy returning to Oklahoma). Second, it significantly reduces the talent pool at S. William Moore should now be a top 20 lock unless a flames out in the pre-draft phase; Sean Smith from Utah could move up to late 1st round; and Patrick Chung and all the other safety options have moved up considerably in the draft.

Doesn't change the fact that they aren't any better picks; just that they may go higher than they merits. Sorry the S aren't there, in this draft, outside of Moore to draft high.

Here's me when I heard this: :eek:

I posted this around 4 hours ago on the William Moore thread, but no one seems to have picked up on it. Thanks for starting a separate thread.

This hurts the Pats a lot. First, it effectively pushes our #23 pick down in the draft by taking away a key player who would go higher (as does Gerald McCoy returning to Oklahoma). Second, it significantly reduces the talent pool at S. William Moore should now be a top 20 lock unless a flames out in the pre-draft phase; Sean Smith from Utah could move up to late 1st round; and Patrick Chung and all the other safety options have moved up considerably in the draft.

Sorry fella, missed it.

I wasn't being sarcastic, just grateful ... I thought it was worth being discussed.

Maybe we'll get him in 2010.

Moore's draft status isn't likely to change, with or without the presence of Mays ahead of him. A team is not going to reach on a position like safety just because of the lack of high end talent at the position. If Moore is indeed a top 20 talent, he's likely going top 20, with or without Mays. If he's not a top 20 pick, then he likely won't get drafted that high.

I personally think he is currently a borderline top 20 talent. I don't think a safety with his kind of coverage questions should be taken that high when there will be plenty of quality offensive linemen and defensive ends. The teams with safety as a major need: Denver, Houston, New Orleans, would either be reaching to pick him or they would have to trade down.

Of course it is mid-January, and this is all meritless speculation.

This doesn't concern me much.

Although he's huge and fast, there were concerns about him in the defensive backfield. Could he be a Tebucky Jones, Roy Williams-type?

He's a little stiff in th hips. But he'd be a very interesting player at the strong safety position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back