Welcome to PatsFans.com

taxpayer portion of obama's stimulus

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Mar 31, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'll be getting zero, I guess I'm rich or something (I'm not but Barry thinks I am).
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

who cares......I'm not getting anything, either.......

the point was that even if I was, I have more money in the ashtray of my car
  4. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I got it all planned out, i have had my eye on a nice fresh pack of juicy fruit gum, i think im going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a pack at lunch today with this great news!:D
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The thing is, there was so much talk about $250K that a lot of people probably think they're getting something who aren't.

Now - Obama did lie unless he expands this because although $250K was the limit for not having your taxes raised (no lie yet), he said that "If you make $200,000 a year or less, your taxes will go down". Now, I know his 4 years isn't up yet so maybe he'll undo this but unless he expands this it will end up being a lie.

My dad is the black sheep in my family having voted for Obama. He's not stupid by any means but he, like many, didn't dissect the exact wording of Obama. When I was visiting a month+ ago he told my sister that she and I would be getting a tax cut as we make less than $250K. However we both make more than the limit so no tax cut. Which is fine, I guess, whatever, I'm just not wanting him to raise my taxes - but I think the perception of people out there is a single earner making less than $250K will be getting a tax cut but the actual number is less than half that.
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the 'change' obama was talking about was the change from what he said before the election to what he is saying now......

the more things 'change' the more they stay the same

but I am glad we have his underwear brigade here to ridicule