Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tax dodgers taunt police from hilltop compound

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Anyone going up there to join the Browns? Screw the other residents of the town. Let's spend as many tax dollars as necessary to treat those criminals with delicacy. After all they're white and conservative.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21/tax.evaders.ap/index.html

From behind the 8-inch concrete walls of their 110-acre hilltop compound, the couple taunt police and SWAT teams and play to reporters and government-haters with references to past standoffs that turned deadly.

Expert observers praise the authorities' hands-off approach, but patience is wearing thin for Plainfield's 2,400 residents. Town selectmen recently asked Monier to stop the influx of militiamen and other anti-government groups to the Browns' home and to bring the couple to justice.

"While we understand and support efforts to achieve a quiet resolution to this matter, the longer the Browns remain at large the better the chance, in our view, that our local police force will be involved in an incident with them or their group of supporters," the letter reads. "In short, we believe that it is time that definitive action be taken."

"The people of Plainfield feel the whole thing has been mismanaged from the get-go," says Stephen Taylor, a Plainfield native who is state agriculture commissioner. "He's got this band of loonies up there right now. There's this constant traffic and helicopters overhead and everything. Goddamn crazies."
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

Better arrest them soon so their taxes can pay for Harry's Social Security and Medical Care....
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You want them shot or somethng?
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I don't know. How do we deal with drug pushers who are holed up? Do we wait them out for as long as necessary, while allowing their friends to bring them supplies and allowing them to hold press conferences?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

Another thought comes to mind, if they don't have an audience the audience can't be taunted... read where they are selling the woman's dental practice.. if the end result is to recover the money, they may have achieved this goal..
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a surprise... a liberal bringing up race into a conversation :rolleyes:

I know you prefer the Janet Reno heavy handed approach to go in with tanks and guns blazing (see Waco, TX, and Elian Gonzalez for examples), but the civilized amongst us know that that more likely leads to tragedy and horror. They've cut utilities to the house which is S.O.P.

It's very easy for you to play with other peoples' lives from the safety of your ivory tower, isn't it...?
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I was going to say the same thing. Patters disgusts me with his constant ractial baiting - as a poster, let alone a moderator.

Patters, do something about your hatred before it's too late, it's got too much control over you.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well I'm sure the drug pushers aren't paying taxes on their income either so that makes them equal threats :confused:

But yeah, allowing press conferences is over the top.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Well, why do you think that we are treating these criminals with kid gloves? Would you favor the same approach for drug pushers holed up? I think we are treating these people this way because they represent a powerful right-wing constituency, which, whether you believe it or not, includes a number of racist militia and survivalist groups. It doesn't really surprise me that someone like QuiGon would indirectly defend these criminals, but why are you defending the massive taxpayer expense of treating these people so gently? And why don't you even respond to my main questions about why we are treating these people so much differently than we would treat other types of holed uip criminals? Also, perhaps you have a photo of their compound showing the interracial makeup of the Brown's supporters. :D
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't think I've defended anything of the sort. I believe I've commented solely on your pitiful race baiting.

Quit the race sh!t.

I would just go in and get them, but maybe they're worried about a Waco style screw up. But it's not a racial issue.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And it doesn't really surprise me that you're once again showing us all how full of sh*t you are. How in the hell have I in any way (directly or indirectly) defended these crimnals..? All I said is that it would be unwise to repeat the mistakes of Janet Reno and go in with guns a-blazin'. The authorities are following S.O.P. and not playing games with peoples' lives.

Why don't you try to respond to the points being made instead of being a intellectually bankrupt moron putting words into other peoples' mouths...? Oh wait, I forgot... that's your S.O.P...
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Then why are we treating them so differently from other types of holed up criminals? I think it's political issue (the Republicans don't want to alienate their anti-tax base) and a race issue (the Republicans don't want to alienate the type of people who support the Browns, who often belong to racist groups). Why for so many righties is it never a race issue when blacks defend blacks (for instance the OJ trial), but never a race issue when whites defend whites?
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Don't forget to take your medication.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

You Left Out The Illegal Aliens And Welfare Winnie

Where's Billy Blue Dress And Lovely Janet Reno When You Need Them With Their "Fire Guns"

:bricks:
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not following the story very closely, it's not a big issue to me. I don't know - but I do know that you race bait at every opportunity and it disgusts me.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

That's fine. It disgusts me how many white conservatives seem to live in lala land where the only racism that exists is that which is initiated by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. As long as you keep avoiding an attempt to explain why the Brown's are being treated so differently than other types of criminals, you won't have to confront the truth.
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If they kill them, 10,000 more will spring up. This will do the opposite of encouraging people to pay their taxes. People are sick of paying for the Nancy Peolosis and Ted Kennedys of the world telling them they are stupid ignorant bumpkins, while they eat brie and drink wine (or Bushmillers, in Kennedy's case).

//
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Typical Patters response... ignores the points at hand, refuses to acknowledge he was mistaken, and throws out a backhanded insult.

Just out of curiousity, how did a fukcing scumbag dipsh!t like you get to be a moderator in the first place..?
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sure, and every time we throw a drug dealer in jail, more pop up, yet we keep doing it. You're right about Pelosi and Kennedy, but also Bush for making us pay for this war.

I agree race probably has nothing to do with this, rather a desire to end this without bloodshed.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Putting someone in jail is a lot different from killing them, Ruby Ridge or Waco style. America is on the edge right now and if people want to say they are against the war in Iraq they had better be against killing people for not paying taxes or all their personal credibility goes into the toilet.

//