PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tavon Wilson????

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. Perfection is all that is acceptable. BB should be fired at once. Maybe we can get one of the perfect guys running other teams.

The Pats have been trying to fix their secondary since Law left.

Excuses wont make it better.

I know you're joking, but seriously, YES. The fact that absolutely no team out there reliably hits on more than a fraction of their draft picks DOES make it ok that the Patriots don't either. Because it shows us that the draft isn't an endeavor like gymnastics, where perfection is expected and you lose by being 0.7% off of that perfect target. It's an endeavor where you know that even the elite competitors only hit on 50% of their picks in the 2nd round.

So it's not reasonable to rail at the bums for being so incompetent as to miss on some of those picks...while 8 of their 9 2nd-round picks who are/would be still in their rookie contracts remain on the roster, and most of those are expected to play major roles this season. That's very good work.

Have some of the Pats' draft choices been duds? Of course. Can we, as fans, dream of what could have been if every choice were perfect? Of course. But can we reasonably expect better yields from recent Pats drafts? No way.

Do you know why the Giants have beaten the Pats in the their last 2 Super Bowls?

The Giants have drafted better.

Do you know why the Giants have beaten the Pats in the their last 2 Super Bowls?

The Giants have drafted better.

Injuries. Billy Yates is why they lost in 07. Gronk's injury is why in 11. Your desire to talk smack and rub stuff in peoples' faces has severely weakened your grasp on reality.

The Pats have been trying to fix their secondary since Law left.

Excuses wont make it better.

Every team has been trying to improve since, forever.
You are simply a guy looking to complain. That is fine if that is how you wish to be. It just doesn't play well with people looking to have serious and objective discussions.

So far Wilson seems to be doing everything right as a rookie 2nd round pick. He's quiet, unassuming, hard working and he appears to be making an impact. Both the Herald and the Globe had pieces on him quoting BB:

“I think he’s been on a steady course since he got here,” Bill Belichick said. “Tavon works hard. He’s very attentive. He asks good questions. He really pays attention, and he’s a hardworking kid, both on and off the field. Steady improvement, long way to go, tough position to play and a tough position to transition into because of all the different things in the passing game, and formations and matchups. ... I think he’s coming along. As long as we can keep making progress and keep heading in the right direction, I think eventually it will come together for a lot of these young guys.”

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Tavon Wilson earning respect with eagerness behind the scenes
Tavon Wilson impresses - Extra Points - Boston.com

That's almost gushing, coming from BB.

Greg Bedard also had this tidbit from today's practice:

Second-round pick Tavon Wilson is starting to come on in practice. He’s giving the tight ends, even Rob Gronkowski, a very tough time in coverage and has shown a knack for the ball. Wilson has been used in a variety of roles – linebacker, safety and cornerback – and it doesn’t appear to be too big for him. If he doesn’t grab a starting spot as a rookie, expect him to be a jack-of-all-trades in the secondary with the No. 1 job being a TE killer.

Practice rundown #7 - Extra Points - Boston.com

I'm really rooting for this kid to prove all the doubters and draft speculators wrong.

I'm really rooting for this kid to prove all the doubters and draft speculators wrong.
I've been rooting for him since the draft. Some of the outcry at his selection were unwarranted and ridiculous. It's not Wilson's fault the Patriots picked him up in the second round.

That said (and with guarded optimism) I'm enjoying the reports of his progress.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of him last night, he appears to be the real deal. I think we'll be seeing plenty more of him. At the very least, he has made Sergio Brown expendable, and for that alone, I am more than happy.

Every team has been trying to improve since, forever.
You are simply a guy looking to complain. That is fine if that is how you wish to be. It just doesn't play well with people looking to have serious and objective discussions.

Yeah, serious objective discussions like the thread you started about the Pats not really being bad at drafting DBs.

Hobbs, Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, Sanders, Meriweather are no longer around and you think that they have drafted well at the position. Only non Homers can be objective regarding such matters and that doesnt apply to you unfortunately.

Once more, your tired excuses wont fix the pass defense and until it improves, the Pats will not be winning any Super Bowls.

Injuries. Billy Yates is why they lost in 07. Gronk's injury is why in 11. Your desire to talk smack and rub stuff in peoples' faces has severely weakened your grasp on reality.
Yates? God help you. Evidently you missed Hobbs in coverage Burress.

The Giants drafted Cruz, Manningham and Nicks. You know, the guys who torched the NE secondary for 74 yards in 4 plays at the end of the game.

Dont you get that the Giants WRs were better than the DBs NE drafted?

Yates? God help you. Evidently you missed Hobbs in coverage Burress.

The Giants drafted Cruz, Manningham and Nicks. You know, the guys who torched the NE secondary for 74 yards in 4 plays at the end of the game.

Dont you get that the Giants WRs were better than the DBs NE drafted?

The fact that you don't realize Billy Yates was the real problem says a lot about you. God may be able to help me, but helping you is far beyond even his powers.

From what I've seen of him last night, he appears to be the real deal. I think we'll be seeing plenty more of him. At the very least, he has made Sergio Brown expendable, and for that alone, I am more than happy.

Can you elaborate? What did you see about Wilson that stood out?

I liked the pick for the leadership this kid brings and all of the assessments of his maturity, and ability to see the play unfolding before him in college. None of the draft profiles had him as a physical specimen. What caught your eye?

I thought Sergio Brown made Sergio Brown expendable.

Yeah, serious objective discussions like the thread you started about the Pats not really being bad at drafting DBs.

Hobbs, Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, Sanders, Meriweather are no longer around and you think that they have drafted well at the position. Only non Homers can be objective regarding such matters and that doesnt apply to you unfortunately.

Once more, your tired excuses wont fix the pass defense and until it improves, the Pats will not be winning any Super Bowls.

Yup, serious objective discussions that ANALYZE the facts, rather than whine, which is all you do.
Well you also write entire posts making up things and attributing them to the other person, because, well, you know you have a poor argument if you don't misrepresent things.
I was not aware that what you or I post is supposed to 'fix the pass defense' and of course, you are wrong again, because one catch, and the pass defense from last year, the worst of this era, does win a SB.
But thats OK, you keep on that tin foil hat thinking that your posts are what wins a SB:rolleyes:

Yup, serious objective discussions that ANALYZE the facts, rather than whine, which is all you do.
Well you also write entire posts making up things and attributing them to the other person, because, well, you know you have a poor argument if you don't misrepresent things.
I was not aware that what you or I post is supposed to 'fix the pass defense' and of course, you are wrong again, because one catch, and the pass defense from last year, the worst of this era, does win a SB.
But thats OK, you keep on that tin foil hat thinking that your posts are what wins a SB:rolleyes:

It is getting harder and harder to believe Triumph expresses her actual opinions. More likely, it is a "character" created (possibly modled after Triumph the Dog) to give people crap and spout rediculous stuff. If Triumph really is stating her actual opinions, it is amazing she is not a Jets fan.

Ooh! Ooh! ::::::raising hand:::::: I know the answer. The Pats lost because they didn't run the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back