PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tavon Wilson????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will mean less blown coverages and too many men penalties in the playoffs.

I think that's definitely part of the point. Meriweather freelanced too much and was out of position a lot and gave up too many big plays, and James Sanders was just too slow and was a liability in coverage. And last year there was a constant revolving door at the safety position, with results such as those you describe. I think Gregory and Wilson were both chosen for their smarts, discipline, coverage ability and versatility, perhaps over guys with a bit more upside but less of those traits.

Tavon Wilson is known for being a super intelligent player. There was an interview (too lazy to search and link it) with his college coach that raved about him as a smart safety.

If anything. Wilson was a safe pick.

Is his ceiling as high as someone (Meriweather) with superior athletic skills? Probably not.

But is he likely to be a detriment (Meriweather) to his team back there? Probably not.

If he is a slightly more athletic James Sanders (which seems quite possible), that is NOT a bad 2nd round pick any way you measure it.

Yeah, you're right, but there here how he looked foolish by Hernandez who wasn't even going full speed. Brady throws to Hernandez who easily curls inside, away from Tavon Wilson.

Can't put your head down and over pursue, Tavon. Hernandez has got nifty footwork. If you're such a smart football player, shouldn't you have figured that out by now?

TW looked more like a mid to late round pick on that play. Hopefully it was just part of his learning curve.

Yeah, you're right, but there here how he looked foolish by Hernandez who wasn't even going full speed. Brady throws to Hernandez who easily curls inside, away from Tavon Wilson.

Can't put your head down and over pursue, Tavon. Hernandez has got nifty footwork. If you're such a smart football player, shouldn't you have figured that out by now?

TW looked more like a mid to late round pick on that play. Hopefully it was just part of his learning curve.

The INT Brady threw against the Redskins in the endzone last year was one of the single dumbest, situational-stupid throws I have ever seen a QB make.

If he is such a cerebral football player, shouldn't he have figured out that a FG would have put the game away and you don't force the ball in that situation?

See how dangerous it is to judge based on a single play?

1) He's a rookie
2) It's Day 4 of training camp
3) It's Aaron Hernandez

3) It's Aaron Hernandez

That's pretty much what a reporter said about that play, something along the lines of how many DB's has Hernandez made look silly with his footwork?

That's pretty much what a reporter said about that play, something along the lines of how many DB's has Hernandez made look silly with his footwork?

Hernandez is a nice welcome-to-the-NFL present for the rookie. "Around here, 245-lb. men move like that. Have fun!" :)

In general, the reports on Wilson and especially Gregory have been positive, which should mean a hugely different defense this year. In fact, despite all the hoopla out of Buffalo about their FA acquisitions, I wouldn't be surprised if the FA pair Steve Gregory and Brandon Lloyd (for a combined $6 million/year) make a bigger impact than Mario Williams and Mark Anderson ($21 million/year).

So we have now learned 2 things.
1) You seem obsessed with my opinions

Yes, theyre hilarious.

Its amazing that you actually think that people beleive your nonsense.

2) You are clueless as to what they actually are

The day you get a clue will be your first.

Surprising since he means business, which he has already shown by cutting off the dreadlocks.

:nosmile:

It seems surprising to you that intelligent people can make mistakes? You appear to be marking a rookie extremely harshly State. Why?

Yes, theyre hilarious.

Personal insults = the proof of a lack of argument. Thanks for playing.

Here is another FS who played as a CB in college, similar mensurable.. Projected as UDFA by scouts went 51st to the Packers..

I think we would all be happy if Tavon turned out this way...

Nick Collins Grade: 3.21
Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Bethune
Conference: MEAC
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 206
40 Time: 4.51
Selected by: Green Bay Packers
Round 2, pick 19 (51 overall)
Grading System

BIO: Partial qualifier who played just three seasons of college football. Started at both safety spots finishing his senior season posting numbers of 44.5/6/13. Hauled in seven interceptions as a junior.

POSITIVES: Athletic secondary prospect with outstanding size/speed numbers. Fast sideline-to-sideline, possesses a burst of closing speed and flashes on the scene. Displays skill in man-to-man coverage, running downfield with receivers, reading their eyes, then turning back to make a play on the ball. Gets vertical and adjusts to make the difficult interception in contorted positions. Supports the run or defends screen passes.

NEGATIVES: Hesitant, indecisive and not an efficient defender. Too quick up the field and takes himself out of the action. Slow locating the ball. Tackles high, which results in players picking up yardage off initial contact.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding computer numbers, Collins is a prospect who must start to translate his athletic skills onto the football field. A little small for safety, he has potential to slide over at cornerback and at the very least, a practice squad player potentially a team's dime back next September.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Here is another FS who played as a CB in college, similar mensurable.. Projected as UDFA by scouts went 51st to the Packers..

I think we would all be happy if Tavon turned out this way...

Nick Collins Grade: 3.21
Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Bethune
Conference: MEAC
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 206
40 Time: 4.51
Selected by: Green Bay Packers
Round 2, pick 19 (51 overall)
Grading System

BIO: Partial qualifier who played just three seasons of college football. Started at both safety spots finishing his senior season posting numbers of 44.5/6/13. Hauled in seven interceptions as a junior.

POSITIVES: Athletic secondary prospect with outstanding size/speed numbers. Fast sideline-to-sideline, possesses a burst of closing speed and flashes on the scene. Displays skill in man-to-man coverage, running downfield with receivers, reading their eyes, then turning back to make a play on the ball. Gets vertical and adjusts to make the difficult interception in contorted positions. Supports the run or defends screen passes.

NEGATIVES: Hesitant, indecisive and not an efficient defender. Too quick up the field and takes himself out of the action. Slow locating the ball. Tackles high, which results in players picking up yardage off initial contact.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding computer numbers, Collins is a prospect who must start to translate his athletic skills onto the football field. A little small for safety, he has potential to slide over at cornerback and at the very least, a practice squad player potentially a team's dime back next September.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Stop with this nonsense.

Just because a supposed reach who played the same position 7 years ago turned out to be a good player, you think it has any effect on Tavon's career?

I could easily choose, with proper research, 10 safeties who were supposed reaches in the 2nd or 3rd round who were in fact reaches because of their below average careers.

It doesn't mean sh*t.

Stop with this nonsense.

Just because a supposed reach who played the same position 7 years ago turned out to be a good player, you think it has any effect on Tavon's career?

I could easily choose, with proper research, 10 safeties who were supposed reaches in the 2nd or 3rd round who were in fact reaches because of their below average careers.

It doesn't mean sh*t.

I didn't say it was going to happen, I said "I think we would all be really happy if it did happen"..

I think the kid has a chance to be a good player he works hard and has some athleticism.. His coach spoke really high of him in college just because he didn't rank on draft boards doesn't make him a miss before he even steps on the field..

I have got to believe that Cunningham was injured most of last year. That is the only thing that makes sense. He was also held out of mini-camp. Hopefully he is 100% now and we can see what he can do.

How about the year before he did pretty well in the 3-4, and pretty poorly in a 4-3 last year w/ no training camp?

Yes, theyre hilarious.

Yup

A new season and the village idiots are back.:mad:

Last edited:

Ian

This should be immediate grounds for permanent banning.

Anyone who is not embarrassed to post these "thoughts" and "opinions" insults the integrity of the site.

just as on the politics board, the OP loves to ask loaded questions, so allow me to fix it......

how does tavon wilson look?

just as on the politics board, the OP loves to ask loaded questions, so allow me to fix it......

how does tavon wilson look?

Why would you make a personal attack, instead of sticking to the subject matter?????

Why would you make a personal attack, instead of sticking to the subject matter?????

LOL.....personal attack.....

have a hankie.....loaded question asker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes