Tavon Wilson????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It is early, but any commentary or observations on Tavon?? Have been watching the press, this board and so far he seems to have flown under the radar.

Anyone notice anything in practice??

It is early, but any commentary or observations on Tavon?? Have been watching the press, this board and so far he seems to have flown under the radar.

I hope he is not a fly-under-the-radar type of guy as some safeties seem to turn into. JD Drew was the ultimate fly-under-the-radar player; of the few hits he got few of them seemed to be meaningful.

Last edited:
Reports have been saying he comes in for Gregory in nickel packages and hasn't done anything wrong.

But you'll still get people on here moaning about him being a reach/worst player ever drafted :p

Reports have been saying he comes in for Gregory in nickel packages and hasn't done anything wrong.

But you'll still get people on here moaning about him being a reach/worst player ever drafted :p

That was not the intent of this question... unfortunately I agree though.

Posters here should all agree he was a huge reach, he was so far under the radar that most draft publications did not list him as a draft-able player. If that does not qualify him as a reach what does.

Because BB and apparently a few other FO types seen something in him that most did not, does not disqualify him as a reach to fans who don't have the same info as BB. It is a matter of where your looking at it from.

Posters here should all agree he was a huge reach, he was so far under the radar that most draft publications did not list him as a draft-able player. If that does not qualify him as a reach what does.

Because BB and apparently a few other FO types seen something in him that most did not, does not disqualify him as a reach to fans who don't have the same info as BB. It is a matter of where your looking at it from.

A reach is when a team needs something so badly that they knowingly draft a player much earlier than the player should have been drafted. This is much more likely just a case of the media overlooking a player, which should not be considered a reach.

Rex was gonna draft him so he could put 2 Wilson's on the field to confuse Brady so BB just HAD to pull the trigger ;)

Last edited:
He is the 3rd safety right now. The less we hear, the better.

Draft position does not indicate that a player IS to be a good NFL player, it is more an indicator of the odds that a player will be a good NFL player. Apparently BB thinks Tavon will be pretty good. We'll see.

If Tavon Wilson ends up being great (and I said IF), and he is generally considered by many to be a reach, than being a reach is pretty insignificant when all is said and done, no?

Chad Jackson was generally considered to not only not be a reach, he was a steal! In fact BB moved UP to get him (thrilling many here with the move up and the actual pick). How'd that pan out?

Draft position does not indicate that a player IS to be a good NFL player, it is more an indicator of the odds that a player will be a good NFL player. Apparently BB thinks Tavon will be pretty good. We'll see.

If Tavon Wilson ends up being great (and I said IF), and he is generally considered by many to be a reach, than being a reach is pretty insignificant when all is said and done, no?

Chad Jackson was generally considered to not only not be a reach, he was a steal! In fact BB moved UP to get him (thrilling many here with the move up and the actual pick). How'd that pan out?

Yeah, you picked one case out of thousands. Dunlap was considered a steal and we reached for Cunningham one pick before. Why don't you talk about that one?

But reaches and steals after draft days are only for fans, it doesn't mean anything. B

Yeah, you picked one case out of thousands. Dunlap was considered a steal and we reached for Cunningham one pick before. Why don't you talk about that one?

But reaches and steals after draft days are only for fans, it doesn't mean anything. B

Thousands? LOL! :singing:

Mankins was considered a reach, as was Vollmer. However, Maroney was NOT a reach!

Cunningham has been a huge disappointment to this point. IMO, this year is his last chance to show what he's got, if he's got anything.

Anyway, you're making my point in the bold section of your quote. It doesn't mean ****, yet many act like it does.

So this thread got hijacked to other draft picks..

Was hoping for more observations from those who were there..

Where are the thread Marshals when you need them :eek:

Thousands? LOL! :singing:

Mankins was considered a reach, as was Vollmer. However, Maroney was NOT a reach!
So a reach is when the medias opinion of the player is different than Bill Belichick?

Cunningham has been a huge disappointment to this point. IMO, this year is his last chance to show what he's got, if he's got anything.

I'm not sure how a player who starts all season as a rookie on a 13-3 team can be a HUGE disappointment after 2 years. Sure last year was disappointing, but to me a huge disappointment in a 2nd round pick would be one who did nothing for 2 years. I'm not sure why you feel his chances are limited. If he is one of the 53 best he makes the team, if not he doesn't. How he got to that point really doesn't much affect that decision, other than in the postings of fans who feel they are entitled to something from a draft choice.

Anyway, you're making my point in the bold section of your quote. It doesn't mean ****, yet many act like it does.

It only means there was a difference of opinion on the player, and I think historically those players turn out good equally as often as the ones there was total consensus of opinion on.

So this thread got hijacked to other draft picks..

Was hoping for more observations from those who were there..

Well, in fairness your OP was rather bizarre. I don't know what more you expect to hear about a safety after 2 days of camp than that he is playing with the second unit, subbing in with the first unit, and has not stood out good or bad.

I believe one of the reports is that he's running second team with Barrett.

Yes, he was such a reach that we learned that at least two other teams had 3rd round grades on Wilson. :rolleyes:

Newsflash, draft publications are NOT the be all end all when it comes to who is draftable.. It's their best GUESS.. Once you realize that, you'll be a step ahead of where you're at now.

Hunh? Just because publications, fanboy draftnicks and Eddie Munster think he was a reach doesn't make him a reach.

BB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kiper

My impression was, he was drafted because he was a mature, steady player who could learn just about any position in the DB and go in and do a credible job.

Given the trainwreck we put on the field last year at that position, I think that will be more valuable than a guy who flies around, but forgets where he's supposed to be on any given play.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey