PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tavon Wilson sounds like a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between judging a player and judging a draft pick. I said this before, he may have a good career but it doesn't change the fact that it was a bad pick. That's it.

By this reasoning the Brady pick in the 6th was a bad pick if they could have signed him as an UDFA.

By this reasoning the Brady pick in the 6th was a bad pick if they could have signed him as an UDFA.

I was going to say that but I refrained. Worst. logic. ever.

There's a difference between judging a player and judging a draft pick. I said this before, he may have a good career but it doesn't change the fact that it was a bad pick. That's it.
Huh? If he has a good career, it can't be a bad pick. You need to start drinking later on Saturdays.

Right. 'Cause if you aren't praising Belichick for every decision he makes you're clearly a troll. How dare anyone question a pick made by the Patriots. The ultimate sin.
No, actually stupidity is the utlimate sin. But, then again, no one has to introduce you to the concept of stupidity.

Arguing whether this is a good or bad pick is pointless at this point. The NFL (Belichick's tenure, even) is checkered with stories of highly regarded first round picks that have been failures, as well as those of UDFAs who have become perennial pro-bowlers. Kiper and the other media scouts have never had to apologize for being wrong, and the Patriots and their fans are the ones who have to live with the outcomes of these gambles.

What is intriguing is the pick, and whether or not Wilson could have been had much later in the draft. We've seen this before with Belichick: Mayo was considered a reach at #10, as were Mankins and Vollmer, at their respective draft spots. There was the opinion that they also could have been had later, but Belichick saw something that made them too valuable to pass up. Whether it's his versatility or his sense of how Wilson will fit in the pats D, Belichick felt he was worth rolling the dice on him at #48. My guess is he also thinks he can contribute immediately.

We won't begin to know whether he's right or wrong until at least minicamp. So let's keep our wits around us until then, unless you're willing to stake your reputation as a talent evaluator.

Last edited:
but Belichick saw something that made them too valuable to pass up. Whether it's his versatility or his sense of how Wilson will fit in the pats D, Belichick felt he was worth rolling the dice on him at #48. My guess is he also thinks he can contribute immediately.

I think what he saw in Wilson was the last serviceable CB/S tweener on his board that wasn't about to be arraigned in court. Good value at #48 for the only position on the roster that's a smoking crater.

He's been described as having poor coverage skills with below average instincts and issues with tackling. Picture a safety slightly better than Sergio Brown.

Really? So you've studied film on him? "He's been described"...lol

I think what he saw in Wilson was the last serviceable CB/S tweener on his board that wasn't about to be arraigned in court. Good value at #48 for the only position on the roster that's a smoking crater.

Maybe, but what does that make Sterling Moore?

JimJohns dont let these forum fans get you down. Us real fans who make it to 4+ plus games a year in the snow and rain have good conversation tailgating. Half these people here prob never been to Gillette.

Yes, because not being able to afford to fly 2000 miles to go to games every year disqualifies a person from being a "real" fan.

Maybe, but what does that make Sterling Moore?

Seems to be strictly a corner, right? They tried him at safety and it didn't look good. I'm sure Tavon Wilson and Dennard and going to get looks at the old Eugene Wilson spot before they try Moore again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes