PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tavon Wilson sounds like a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe belichick felt he was badly coached at Illinois

Or maybe Belichick accidently ate a pot brownie and thought he would give a shout out to the late Al Davis. Who the hell knows? None of it the changes the fact that selecting Tavon with a 2nd rounder was a terrible decision.

Last edited:
being a team player is good, but its not that good when you dont have the abilities to help to team. i just hope EVERYONE is wrong about this guy and BB is not.

Name your source or edit your post. This is libelous if, as i suspect that statement is a pure fabrication

I think i read something similar on one of the few reports that were out there on him.

I know a lot of people that sound like a Patriot, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be on the football field. Belichick reached on this kid, big time. He is forever going to be compared to guys like Devon Still, Jerel Worthy, and Ryan Broyles. Those are just 3/4 guys picked directly after him.

Do I hope he succeeds? Yes. Do I think he will? No. Rarely do invisible college players become noteworthy NFL players. Brady was well known at Michigan, politics hurt his draft stock with Henson.

I'm calling BS on this. Brady was about as sexy as a 70's leisure suit. Way to claim that after all his success :rolleyes:

I'm not saying TW is gonna lite the would on fire, but he fits the mold. BB has a track record of making these hybrid players work out. Recently, he has had a hardon for safety/corner hybrids. Let's wait on this one and see what develops.

Last edited:
Or maybe Belichick accidently ate a pot brownie and thought he would give a shout out to the late Al Davis. Who the hell knows? None of it the changes the fact that selecting Tavon with a 2nd rounder was a terrible decision.

****** troll post of the year................ congrats on that. :rolleyes:

If the guy played out of position at Corner, wouldn't it make sense that he was a little lost and not so good in coverage - as a Corner, rather than as a Safety?

He most likely wouldn't have been drafted if it wasn't for the Patriots.

When did you speak with the other 6 team's coaches and scouts that worked him out?

Do they actually divulge info like that before the draft is even over?

I'm calling BS on this. Brady was about as sexy as a 70's leisure suit. Way to claim that after all his success :rolleyes:

I'm not saying TW is gonna lite the would on fire, but he fits the mold. BB has a track record of making these hybrid players work out. Recently, he has had a hardon for safety/corner hybrids. Let's wait on this one and see what develops.

He was well known. Part of the reason he didn't play more and therefore get drafted higher was because of Drew Henson. Henson was the golden boy before Brady. And even though Brady was a much better QB the "politics" behind the scenes in the athletic department prevailed.

maybe belichick felt he was badly coached at Illinois

They were just discussing that on sports radio.

If you have 2 players with basically the same measurables and stats, but one has bad form and the other does not, who do you choose?

You choose the player with poor form because you can coach him the right way with hopes that he turns out better than the other player.

I know a lot of people that sound like a Patriot, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be on the football field. Belichick reached on this kid, big time. He is forever going to be compared to guys like Devon Still, Jerel Worthy, and Ryan Broyles. Those are just 3/4 guys picked directly after him.

Do I hope he succeeds? Yes. Do I think he will? No. Rarely do invisible college players become noteworthy NFL players. Brady was well known at Michigan, politics hurt his draft stock with Henson.

You'll probably be the first one to buy his jersey when he turns out to be a starting DB

What does that have to do with Tayvon and Belichick reaching on draft that is Al Davis resque? Belichick has good picks and bad picks. This just happened to be one his bad ones.

Dude tell me you're kidding? How on earth can you say this is a bad pick when he's yet to play a single snap for the pats. His name is *Tavon by the way.

He had 7 private workouts with teams. He could of been going to to one of them in 48-63 range.. Where would Poe(Chiefs) of gone if it wasn't for combine workout? Well Travon didn't have that opportunity to balloon his value. He played out of position all season for his team and of course his cover skills aren't up to par with a cover corner. We are passing our opinions ESPN and NFL network who base there mocks on combine results and word of mouth. Michael Brockers was the next Seymore despite his 1 career college sack...

If we had taken Still or Reyes and they added nothing more then Deadrick or Pryor and the Chargers took him and he was playing like Eric Berry by December this forum would be filled with posts about us missing on him amd BB inability to scout DB and how we could of had the safety we long have needed but instead we have another Ron Brace.

Let's not over react to what ESPN and other reporters say. If they made the picks Bowers would of went #1 last year..

I never heard of Tavon Wilson before yesterday, but I will say this: he's a better pick than Janoris Jenkins, who way too many fans wanted us to draft in the 2nd round. I'm glad BB prefers to pick the no-name defensive captain from a good team.

I think it's worth reminding everyone that BB is the guy who drafted Matt Cassell who was all potential and zero productivity coming out. Wilson, at least, has game tape!

And for those who are critical that BB reached a few rounds early, it only takes one other team to see the same things you like in a player, and take him first. Seven or eight teams were on to Wilson... maybe he's the real deal, and we don't know about it because he wasn't at the Combine.

Whatever you want to believe, BB didn't spend the pick casually. He obviously has a conviction about the kid to take him in a spot where he could have had a game changing DT or franchise WR. That's enough to carry me through training camp.

He does sound like a Patriot.....so did Brandon Tate, Butler, Wilhite, C. Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Crable, Wheatley, Ruud.....etc...etc....I think he did VERY Well in the 2nd round.....then whiffed on Wilson and Bequette it would appear.....

Patriots conference call transcript.

Tavon Wilson Conference Call Transcript

This stood out to me.

The ultimate team player.

The more I hear about this guy the more I like him!!!

He also drafted Vollmer who wasn't invited to any combine.

Vollmer hasn't exactly been a superstar for us though in all fairness......decent in 2009, Good 2010 season.....out all last year with back surgery (His second one by the way) He hasn't exactly been a home run success from draft perspective....

Vollmer hasn't exactly been a superstar for us though in all fairness......decent in 2009, Good 2010 season.....out all last year with back surgery (His second one by the way) He hasn't exactly been a home run success from draft perspective....

Vollmer has been excellent.

Sounding like a Patriot is a good start, now let's hope he plays like one. (And by that I mean play good obviously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back