PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tavon Wilson signs 4 year deal: $4.2 mil, $1.5 mil signing bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That curious comment wasn't what I was referring to, but please expound on how they are doing a better job rebuilding the defense since 2008 with the 5 1-3 round picks they made from 09-11, only 2 which look like much help at all.

What moves did the Ravens make that show a better job rebuidling the defense that what the Patriots did?
I'm not talking about you saying they had a better defense last year, because you are talking about them doing a better job replacing their aging players. I can't see where you are getting that from.

I didn't compare the Patriots to anyone but the Ravens, and it wasn't even a direct comparison, so I don't know what you're talking about. The Ravens defense still wasn't forced to make a transition, and they're already getting younger on the defensive side of the ball. The Patriots had no impactful player on D after the 2008 season but Mayo who was an injuried 2nd year player.

I didn't compare the Patriots to anyone but the Ravens, and it wasn't even a direct comparison, so I don't know what you're talking about. The Ravens defense still wasn't forced to make a transition, and they're already getting younger on the defensive side of the ball. The Patriots had no impactful player on D after the 2008 season but Mayo who was an injuried 2nd year player.

You are acting like the Ravens have been adding impact players.

He said it was the game that he finally proved the doubters wrong. Sounds like a career game to me.
We both know that was far from the best game of his career, and you are grasping at straws.

Fitzpatrick has had good games, Sanchez has had good games, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Colt McCoy... But it really doesn't matter.
You said CAREER games, as your defition of why the Patriots defense stinks, in fact you said
I don't know how that good of a defense would allow career games to every QB they face.
Now you are giving me Moore completing 50% of his passes? Sanchez having 'good games' and Henne piling up yards in garbage time?
McCoy is a good example, now give me what defense hasn't allowed good games by opposing QBs?

What we take out of this discussion is, I think our defense is mediocre,

You said the defense has been awful for years.
You are now getting closer. The defense was average in 2011.
It was clearly above average prior to 2011, over whatever span you wish to pick.

I think BB should have prepared better the 2008 to 2009 defensive transition, and hasn't done a good job reloading (until 2012). Which results in the bad defense we've had until last year. I base my opinion on actual played games
You cannot be basing it on games played, or you would focus on results instead of how many yards the losing QB passed for against us.
You think our defense is average to above average, and Bill has done all he could. You base your opinion on defensive stats.
Average in 11, undisputably above average in any other timeframe.
I don't know where 'all he could' comes from other than you making it up and attributing it to me.
I am saying your expectations are unrealistic, and everything you have posted confirms that.
I am not using stats in any way.
I am using what happens on the field (what really happens, not some bs 'it looked to me' crap) which for a defense is clearly represented by how many points are being scored against you, when they are and whether or not you win.

No impact players after 2008? How about McCourty who made the pro bowl as a CB in his rookie year? would you consider hat an impact?

Chung and Spikes haven't made an impact? Announcers were talking about Chung as a pro bowl candidate the last 2 years before the injury bug struck him and he lost his momentum.

And if your looking for impact plays Spikes has delivered numerous in his 1st 2 years in the NFL.

Don't let woeful saftey play (when chung went down) take away from the performances of some of our draft picks after Mayo.

slowly_take_glasses_off..gif

149977-okay_wtf_reaction.gif

Last edited:
No impact players after 2008? How about McCourty who made the pro bowl as a CB in his rookie year? would you consider hat an impact?

Chung and Spikes haven't made an impact? Announcers were talking about Chung as a pro bowl candidate the last 2 years before the injury bug struck him and he lost his momentum.

And if your looking for impact plays Spikes has delivered numerous in his 1st 2 years in the NFL.

Don't let woeful saftey play (when chung went down) take away from the performances of some of our draft picks after Mayo.

Read again. I meant in beggining of the 2009 season. I did forget Big Vince though.

Last edited:
Read again. I meant in beggining of the 2009 season. I did forget Big Vince though.

Fair enough my mistake. if it was before 2008? then i would argue Wilfork (obviously) and Merriweather (arguable but started and was selected to pro bowls while in New England).

But i do understand your point.

This thread was supposed to be about the future greatness of the unknown Tavon Wilson. I am chuckling because less than 1/4 of the thread has anything to do with Tavon but I am loving the hilarious pics/videos being posted. Dogs humping adolescent girls warrants laughter. HOPEFULLY this is not a premonition or a microcosm of Mr. Wilson's career.

By the way, Raymond, who is the hot chick?

Cheryl Cole, looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back