Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tattooing

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Not sure where to put this - or if anyone's interested - but I know it doesn't go in "politics" or "religion," so I'll give it a try here.

I like art - all kinds of art - although I know next to nothing about any of it.

Lately I find myself fascinated by body art - commonly known as tattooing.

I'm particularily intrigued with 3D tattooing. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how they do it.

For instance:

[​IMG]

2. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

I think it looks cool, but I do think less of a person when they have tons of tattoos.

There is an unwarranted hatred for tattoos, so 'rebels' get tattoos, and thus I dislike the people who willingly tackle this discrimination by getting ridiculous exposed tattoos.

...see where I'm going? It starts with an unreasonable dislike of tattoos but it ends with many 'losers' sinking their life prospects by getting it anyway - making a good way to figure out a person before they've even talked.

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I think it becomes a personal opinion, tho, as to how many is too many.

I'm not sure there is still so much hatred for tattooing - more and more young people from all walks of life are getting tattooed. As they do, it will become harder and harder to weed out the "losers," and we'll probably have to give a bit more of our time to listening before writing someone off based upon the amount of colors they're sporting on their body.

I say this, of course, as the parent of a heavily tattooed child. :)

I think you're probably right about a certain personality going "overboard," however. But, in all honesty, were I thirty or even twenty years younger, I'd be "overboard." (Right now I am "tasteful.")

I don't like facial tattooes or hand tattooes - but other than that, I'm okay with just about anything and as the designs get more and more intricate and the skill level becomes higher and higher and the inks brighter and brighter - I can easily see how someone becomes addicted to it.

My father was heavily tattooed so perhaps I come with an extra dose of acceptance. Tattooes always "were" in my family. They were a fact of life in my house long before the rest of the world began inking. (Although my father would be amazed at how far the practice has come, I think, in terms of colors and design.)

I got my first tattoo back in the early 70s - again, long before most women were taking the plunge.

And I'm still trying to figure out how they do the dimensional aspect.....

[​IMG]

4. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have one, and I am looking to add a second. I will have it in a place that will allow me to wear short sleeves and keep it covered.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I wonder if anyone stops at just one???

6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,096 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

You're concentrating too hard on the 3D aspect of it. In this example, you're looking too much at the skin "ripping". Instead, concentrate on the strokes of black on the outer edges of the tattoo. That gives away how they do it. In the end, they're artists just like the guys that pain portraits. I have a total of three tattoos on me and am not getting any more, personally. But I did enjoy and do like the ones that I have.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I definitely agree that they are artists. Some better than others.

I have three also - and I can't say for sure I wouldn't get another - but I probably won't. Not because I don't want to, though. :)

I've never regretted the ones I already have. I can't imagine a time that I will, either.

I'm still intrigued by the 3D stuff, tho, regardless of how they do it. I think it takes a whole lot of talent to pull it off.