PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tate to IR, Stanback to 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punt returns are so much different tha KICKOFF returns. If you want your team to stay healthy.... Welker/Maroney do not get roles as kickoff returners.

It's a nice thought, but Bill is fearless (or darn close) and will put the best player for the job in, regardless of "value."

I read that Stanback has been impressing the coaches in practice recently, hmmm, could we see the "WildPat" tomorrow night? I've noticed him on the sidelines for most of the games this year. Maybe he was soaking up lots of info....

I agree with DI. With Edelman doing well, and having Nunn and Stanback as options, it wasn't necessary to bring back a player with no camp or offseason with a couple of weeks of practice.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/250234-will-brandon-tate-see-field-2009-a.html#post1428477

Despite what you seem to think, it's not about being contrary. When I do things for just that reason, I usually make it pretty clear, with a picture/emoticon or something. In this case here, you had a young kid who wasn't needed. As I stated months ago, my preference was to IR the kid.

The kid should never have been playing this season in the first place.

I'm with you on this one, they brought him back way too early.

This is Chad Jackson deja vu all over again, except, Brandon Tate wasn't injured tackling players on special teams. I know I'm opening a whole can of worms on this one, but putting Chad Jackson to defend kickoffs coming off of a nagging hamstring injury is the reason why he flopped. In fact, it single handily ruined his career. In 2007, the poor guy lost any agility he had while returning kicks. I can remember very vividly how Jackson would run a straight line and collide with the first defender that was near him.

With that said, Tate has suffered two season ending injuries in two consecutive seasons. He's going to have an extremely tough time getting back to his prior form (if he ever does). This is very disappointing.

Last edited:
Stanback could be utilized for a few trick plays. Who knows? He use to be a QB so a Wildcat may be an option.

4.62 40 speed does not impress me but if he can establish himself as a WR....

We can be tricky and run that wildcat BS

Please stop with the stupid wildcat, its like Bishop all over again...

Oh here we go, Stanback will make a play and we will have some knuckle heads saying he should start over Brady... Tate was no schedluled to make a contribution till next year... But Stanbeck is more versatle, so maybee they use him as a wr... But before some stupid idiot says , he is not the future of this franchise.. get it out of your head NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanback is an experienced NFL kick returner, so his activation could be as simple as that. But...

At the last minute before a BIG game, the Patriots activate a player with position ambiguity who seems like an ideal candidate to run some unorthodox plays? It's intriguing, certainly. At the very least, the Colts' coaches must be pondering the possibilities tonight.

Stanback is an experienced NFL kick returner, so his activation could be as simple as that. But...

At the last minute before a BIG game, the Patriots activate a player with position ambiguity who seems like an ideal candidate to run some unorthodox plays? It's intriguing, certainly. At the very least, the Colts' coaches must be pondering the possibilities tonight.

As Lao Tzu says: "All warfare is based on deception."

Last edited:
With that said, Tate has suffered two season ending injuries in two consecutive seasons. He's going to have an extremely tough time getting back to his prior form (if he ever does). This is very disappointing.

Not to be facetious, but we don't know what happened. All we know is that (A) Tate suffered some sort of injury that caused him to be taken off the field, and (B) he was put on IR.

That doesn't mean he suffered a catastrophic injury. Given that he was out on the field not long after the injury, it's not ridiculous to think that the Patriots realized that they may have rushed him back too quickly, and just decided to put him on ice, so to speak, to prevent anything worse.

Very frustrating history with the Patriots drafting wide receivers. Branch and Givens were the only receivers out of seven that have panned out in the Belichick era.

I am not ever going to say Stanback should start over Brady! But I do like Stanback he is an incredible athlete and I hope he breaks out the rest of the year! I have been saying since the begining of the season Stanback would be activated before the Indy or No game

He has now missed two years with knee injuries.

There is zero reason to think this is a serious injury. They're just not going to keep a roster spot for someone who doesn't know the offense and who is now going to miss a couple weeks of practice.

Very frustrating history with the Patriots drafting wide receivers. Branch and Givens were the only receivers out of seven that have panned out in the Belichick era.

So, after watching a game and a half you have concluded that Tate is not gong to "pan out"? Interesting that you're not as quick to include Edelman in those that have panned out.

THE GUY WASCV ALREDY injured how can you say this/?
?

I watched the return on my dvr after I knew he was hurt.

Tate was running out of bounds when a defender leaped on his shoulders and dragged him down backwards really hard. His legs collapsed under him and he rolled into players on the sideline and he immediately sat up and grabbed his left knee just as the game went to commercial. It didn't look good. I was surprised to hear he was riding the bike later in the game. But not that he was IR'd

Stanback isn't much of a QB, but he could be interesting if we want to use him in some form of the wildcat.

What a loser. Plays one game and gets hurt again. Get the bum off this team.

This a troll post or just sheer concentrated ignorance?

Depressing, but it's the nature of Football. At some point, as one of the earlier posters alluded to, it would be nice to see Tate, Mc Kenzie and Crable on the roster. Oh well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back