Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Have to wait until next year..

Pats put Brandon Tate on injured reserve | ProFootballTalk.com

When rookie wideout Brandon Tate emerged last month from the Physically Unable to Perform list, there was hope that he'd have an impact later in the year for the Patriots.

He has played in only one game (against the Bucs at London), with no receptions and one rushing attempt for 11 yards.

And now Tate, a third-round pick out of North Carolina, will make no further appearances. The Pats have placed him on injured reserve.

Stanback's been activated to the 53 as well.

Isaiah Stanback signed to roster.

This sucks. I was really looking forward (hoping) that Tate would emerge as our #3 receiver and return man down the stretch.

Damn, he looked explosive out there. Very frustrating for him.... Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Sucks, but I look forward to what he brings to the table when fully healthy next year. I am hoping solid #3 and explosive kick returner.

Crap, it's like CJ all over again...

Coulda, woulda, shoulda left him on PUP until week 9 and let him practice for 3 weeks and then just IR'd him...

What is it with us and 3rd round picks lately. First Crable, then McKenzie, now Tate. Not to mention busts like O'Connell and Dave Thomas

Gotta love BB, making those moves at the very last minute- now it's too late to gameplan for those changes. I will not be surprised at all to see Stanback active.

Bummer... I just hope he's ready for the first day of offseason workouts.

tough loss........

I liked him RETURNING KICKS :mad:

Re: PFT.... Tate to IR..

We don't know that he tore the same ligament again, or if it was as severe. Most likely he suffered some sort of minor sprain, and will be ready for training camp next year. Remember, many of thought he would go straight to IR. Instead, BB thought well enough of him to give him fairly significant playing time (up until his injury). He looked very solid on kick returns, and if Brady hadn't underthrown/overthrown him two consecutive weeks, he'd have a couple of ridiculously long touchdowns. He's worked hard all offseason, has a good attitude, and appears to be the anti-Chad in terms of his ability to study and run routes. He gets open before using his speed, and is very sudden. I think he'll be a great #3 next year.

Meanwhile, hurray for Stanback. :singing:

Damn tough break for Tate, I hope its not too serious. Looking forward to see what Stanback has to offer...

The kid should never have been playing this season in the first place.

is Stan the man a valid option in the return game??

Losing Tate..... hurt with yardage gained after kicks....

No one has mentioned that yet but me....?

Am I the only one to notice his strength as a returner more so than a WR:confused::confused::confused:? :confused:

Re: PFT.... Tate to IR..

We don't know that he tore the same ligament again, or if it was as severe. Most likely he suffered some sort of minor sprain, and will be ready for training camp next year. Remember, many of thought he would go straight to IR. Instead, BB thought well enough of him to give him fairly significant playing time (up until his injury). He looked very solid on kick returns, and if Brady hadn't underthrown/overthrown him two consecutive weeks, he'd have a couple of ridiculously long touchdowns. He's worked hard all offseason, has a good attitude, and appears to be the anti-Chad in terms of his ability to study and run routes. He gets open before using his speed, and is very sudden. I think he'll be a great #3 next year.

Meanwhile, hurray for Stanback. :singing:

Good points.

Putting someone on IR this late in the season is different from an injury week 1. There's less time to recover and be in playing shape.

I believe Tate was seen riding an exercise bike during the second half of the Miami game. So hopefully his injury isn't major, and the Pats have just decided that they were risking too much by rushing him back early, and that it would be better to rest him for the remainder of the year than to risk a major re-injury.

I think he will be a force for us next year as the #3 WR, and a playmaker in the DeSean Jackson mold. I can't wait to see what he can do when healthy.

Wildcat? He ran it in practice last week.

What a loser. Plays one game and gets hurt again. Get the bum off this team.

Wildcat? He ran it in practice last week.

Stanback could be utilized for a few trick plays. Who knows? He use to be a QB so a Wildcat may be an option.

4.62 40 speed does not impress me but if he can establish himself as a WR....

We can be tricky and run that wildcat BS

Stanback could be utilized for a few trick plays. Who knows? He use to be a QB so a Wildcat may be an option.

4.62 40 speed does not impress me but if he can establish himself as a WR....

We can be tricky and run that wildcat BS

He is on our roster as a Qb!

Indy could have a fit with Edelman, Stanback, and Brady in the game! start with edelman in shotgun then switch to brady just to leave them guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes