PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tate a Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a receiver, he was next to useless. But as a return man he was missed last season.

How so? As I noted, his numbers were right in the ballpark of what Edelman was delivering.

How so? As I noted, his numbers were right in the ballpark of what Edelman was delivering.

Just my opinion. I don't think Edelman has that breakaway ability that Tate has from a pure speed standpoint.

Last edited:
Just my opinion. I don't think Edelman has that breakaway ability that Tate has from a pure speed standpoint.

In 3 NFL seasons, Tate has 52 punt returns, a 10.5 average, and one PR touchdown.

In 3 NFL seasons, Edelman has 55 punt returns, a 12.4 average, and 2 PR touchdowns.

In 3 NFL seasons, Tate has 87 kickoff returns, a 24.8 average, and 2 KR touchdowns.

In 3 NFL seasons, Edelman has 23 kickoff returns, a 22.8 average, and 0 KR touchdowns.

You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. However, based upon the numbers, I don't see Tate demonstrating more breakaway ability.

Last edited:
In 3 NFL seasons, Tate has 52 punt returns, a 10.5 average, and one PR touchdown.

In 3 NFL seasons, Edelman has 55 punt returns, a 12.4 average, and 2 PR touchdowns.

In 3 NFL seasons, Tate has 87 kickoff returns, a 24.8 average, and 2 KR touchdowns.

In 3 NFL seasons, Edelman has 23 kickoff returns, a 22.8 average, and 0 KR touchdowns.

You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. However, based upon the numbers, I don't see Tate demonstrating more breakaway ability.

I think inside those stats, though, is that Tate relies heavily on speed and Edelman on agility and quickness.
Not having as much breakaway speed is only one component of return ability.

Tate was awesome on KR the first few games of 2010, but after that Miami game does anybody remember any big returns? I don't think I do. Looking at his game log, after the Miami game he had returns of 35, 32, and the rest were under 30 yards. Last year he had 0 KR TD's and averaged 23.8 per KR. Been very average as a returner since the hot start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back