PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tasker: We knew Belichick wouldn't do post game interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill makes himself ugly to the media. He doesn't help them. He embarrasses them when they ask dumb questions. He tells them only what he wants to tell them and he never provides any insight that an opposing coach might be able to use. He gets butthurt when the Pats lose. He is who he is and doesn't try to change for anyone. He plays no PC media games.

As a result, we should continue to expect that they will be unusually hard on him and opportunistic about it.

And I don't want him to change a thing regarding the media. Zero. Keep doing what you're doing and accept the inevitable petty nonsense from them.

That's a lousy description of him. I would say it's more like he takes a loss harder than most. He is a very passionate and intense competitor and he has little tolerance for morons who want stupid sound bites. The rest of your post it right on.

Anyone else see Tasker mix his coffee with the end of a sharpie?

Bill makes himself ugly to the media. He doesn't help them. He embarrasses them when they ask dumb questions. He tells them only what he wants to tell them and he never provides any insight that an opposing coach might be able to use. He gets butthurt when the Pats lose. He is who he is and doesn't try to change for anyone. He plays no PC media games.

As a result, we should continue to expect that they will be unusually hard on him and opportunistic about it.

And I don't want him to change a thing regarding the media. Zero. Keep doing what you're doing and accept the inevitable petty nonsense from them.

No, he doesn't. And it's an odd thing when someone gets lambasted for not wanting to be self-promoting or play "the game." Just like people piling on Brady for marrying a super model, having what appears to be a happy family life, and building the house of his (OK probably her) dreams. I mean. who do they think they are? :rolleyes:

Getting back to Tasker's comments: Also wanted to mention that one thing he felt BB lost out on was the chance to talk about what a good team he has going forward, how proud he is of them — and that's it's too bad that the players missed out on that. Well, I'm betting there's a good chance they did hear it — in private. That's the thing about this team: it stays private. They don't go running around like Ray Lewis proclaiming "I'm a Man" and "You're a MAN" and "he's a MAN." They don't have to.

Getting back to Tasker's comments: Also wanted to mention that one thing he felt BB lost out on was the chance to talk about what a good team he has going forward, how proud he is of them — and that's it's too bad that the players missed out on that. Well, I'm betting there's a good chance they did hear it — in private. That's the thing about this team: it stays private. They don't go running around like Ray Lewis proclaiming "I'm a Man" and "You're a MAN" and "he's a MAN." They don't have to.

Yeah i heard this somewhere else also. What BS is this. BB has to thank people and team in a presser after losing a AFCCG ? Frankly people who are okay with losing say this crap "we still had a great season, blah blah" not BB. And Iam happy this way. He doesnt need to thank the fans. Thank them by winning.

This is how shannon responds to this on twitter

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe
I love working with ravens/49ers lets worry about Pats next yr. "@RobSmith60859: @tomecurran @shannonsharpe so win or lose Bill b wasnt doing the interview......hows that foot taste now?" ... tmi.me - ShannonSharpe: I love working

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else see Tasker mix his coffee with the end of a sharpie?

Yeah, was just gonna say Tasker was kickin it old school with his coffee stirrer!

This shouldn't be only about Tasker or Sharpe. One of my biggest gripes I had about this whole incident is the Boomer Esiason jumped on the Sharpe bandwagon exclaiming BB gives people all the ammo to hate him (reflecting on the fact that BB didn't give an interview) and it was because of this he made that hate comment. I wonder if Esiason could eat some crow as well. I used to like him but that pissed me off.

Not you, but your post reminded me of the usual, "Bill has only himself to blame for his bad media image."

He learned early that the media does not matter. If the coach is 4-12 and a great quote or a lousy jerk he gets fired.

In fact if he is a "good guy" he ends up like Pete Carol with Borges walking all over him.

In summary, only bad things can happen from the press. Admittedly minor, but there is no upside. Never will an owner keep a coach that is 3-13 because he is so well liked in the media.

That said the proper strategy is to ignore the media.

the "media" has changed since 70's 80's...today's media is top heavy with sub-mongos like Marshall "Talk Talk" Faulk and the indecipherably ignorant marble mouth, Shannon "Duller-Than-Lead" Unsharpe...I mean,just LOOK at these clownboys today that are trotted out there as "serious" sports analysts...Merrill Hoge?...holy krist, he should be holding a sign that says BR-549...

tumblr_kw4eqwmOEY1qzfipuo1_400.jpg

This is how shannon responds to this on twitter

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe
I love working with ravens/49ers lets worry about Pats next yr. "@RobSmith60859: @tomecurran @shannonsharpe so win or lose Bill b wasnt doing the interview......hows that foot taste now?" ... tmi.me - ShannonSharpe: I love working

Sounds like a Bellichek response. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back